PDA

View Full Version : Fed lost the match at 5-4(30-0) and his horrible bp conversion

Dutch-Guy
09-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Fed lost the match at 5-4(30-0).Had he held,not way in hell Del Potro 'd have come back from 2 sets down.
Plus his bp conversion was horrible:4/24(like 4-5 bps wasted in every set if i can break it down like that).

I'm very happy for Del Potro for pullimng this off.Good that there is now a player not named Fed or Nadal to have won a slam.Vamos.

JohnnySpot
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Vah Mos! Yeah Dytcg Gyt Yu Vah Mos!

tata
09-15-2009, 12:22 AM
a bad conversion rate but potro played well on those points. A few good first serves here from potro, then a missed winner from fed and potro holds.

swedechris
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM
i still think fed kind of lost this match.. more then DP won it. that kind of stat is unusual but the play and the crowd s help made for this .. dp was awesome.

Dutch-Guy
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM
a bad conversion rate but potro played well on those points.
Indeed.His huge fh bailed him out.At some point his blasted a 131 mph fh if i'm not mistaken.
A few good first serves here from potro, then a missed winner from fed and potro holds.
DP wasn't getting his 1st serve in in the first set.He upped that in the second set.

Speedygonzalez
09-15-2009, 12:43 AM
That was an important difference, DP just played very well when he faced bp while Fed couldn't rely on his first serve during the whole match.

mandy01
09-15-2009, 01:14 AM
I was surprised how weak Roger's BH DTL was today..its one shot I'd say he was hitting with a lot of confidence but today he just couldnt find lines when he had it in his hand to do so.

Cesc Fabregas
09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
I was surprised how weak Roger's BH DTL was today..its one shot I'd say he was hitting with a lot of confidence but today he just couldnt find lines when he had it in his hand to do so.

Federer's backhand has always been abit of a liability, nothing new.

mandy01
09-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Federer's backhand has always been abit of a liability, nothing new.
I know that.But over the year if there was one shot that was really working for him,it was the BH DTL.And he really was putting a lot of work into that shot because it helped to get him out of trouble..his BH DTL winners have been spectacular in quality and number this year.

sh@de
09-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Today's match was actually Federer's to lose. Sure, DP played well, but to be honest, I thought Fed could have won if he had played just that tiny bit better. Kudos for DP for hanging in there though.

IvanisevicServe
09-15-2009, 02:11 AM
If I could have one point over for Federer, it would be that God damn drop shot he played when he was in perfect position to end the point and get himself two set points. I really think that one point would've won him the match.

IvanisevicServe
09-15-2009, 02:12 AM

I don't know, he hit a few good backhand winners in this one. I thought his backhand was probably the strongest part of his game today (well, maybe other than net play), as his serve was horrid and his forehand went away completely after the second set.

cknobman
09-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Fed lost it and he cant blame anyone but himself not even Delpo.

Fed was running away with match and let off the pedal in the 2nd set when he sensed the crowd was losing interest.

Match was the perfect example of why its important to never let off in a match or loose your concentration.

Bjorn99
09-15-2009, 06:17 AM
I didn't see the whole match, I left when Federer was up a set and about to win the second, which he obviously didn't.

I returned and it was deep into the fifth.

What the heck happened. Federer appeared to have no fight left in him at 5-3. To me Del Potro appeared extremely nervous and ready to get broken, and Federer just sort of dumped the last game. What gives? Did Del Potro just wear him out? I think Fed might have been slightly injured. He did NOT seem 100%.

roddickfan1000
09-15-2009, 06:18 AM
can we stop giving federer excuses, DP just has a great fighting spirit.