PDA

View Full Version : Federer's classy remarks in the post match interview

JennyS
09-15-2009, 03:57 AM
"But it's great. It was good to see him being so happy and emotional about it. Yeah, I mean, he should enjoy it. He deserves it. It was a great match for him, too."

"I thought he hung in there and gave himself chances, and in the end was the better man."

"Five was great, four was great, too. Six would have been a dream, too. Can't have them all. I've had an amazing summer and a great run. I'm not too disappointed just because I thought I played another wonderful tournament. Had chances today to win, but couldn't take them. It was unfortunate."

"this one I think is easy to get over just because I've had the most amazing summer. I tried everything, you know. Didn't work. I missed chances. He played well and in the end it was a tough fifth set. It's acceptable. But life goes on. No problem."

He isn't even that disappointed. How could he be after winning the French Open and Wimbledon? Nice to see him happy for Juan Martin!

crazylevity
09-15-2009, 04:07 AM
I truly think that Federer is now contented with whatever he has achieved. He will continue to play tennis because he enjoys it, and whatever he can win, he will. But he is also content to be the elder statesman of the game and watch the newer generation push themselves to match him.

Good on Federer. I thought he was very nice to Del Potro after the match.

dozu
09-15-2009, 04:10 AM
yup - if someone other than Rafa has to beat Fed, can't pick a better candidate than delpo.

Fed will win more slams no doubt.

Fed at his best should still beat Delpo at his best.. Fed's serve is what let him down yesterday.

Blind people already started other threads that Delpo blew Fed away with FHs

Pinkskunk
09-15-2009, 04:17 AM
Blind people already started other threads that Delpo blew Fed away with FHs

Let me tell you there are alot of blind people yesterday, you seems to be a few men with good vision.......... give me a break man!

LeftSHBH
09-15-2009, 04:31 AM
How about the classy remarks about DelPo's late challenge?
"Don't tell me to shut up...I don't give a ***** what he said..."
LOL!

Darth Federer: Juan Martin, I am your father!
JMDP: Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 04:39 AM
LOL!

that's called badass is what that's called. Chair ump totally stepped out of line there. Who the f*** is he to tell FEd to be quiet. Some lowly, fat , smelly chair ump.

FlamEnemY
09-15-2009, 05:31 AM
LOL!

If I were the 5 time champion, being right about the challenge (because Federer WAS right) and someone told me to 'be quiet' I'd get angry too. Actually what he said is practically nothing...
It's nice to see him shaking off the stress though. It's ok to lose once in a while, isn't it, Rog?

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 05:37 AM
He held on to his tears until he was off camera this time. :roll: