PDA

View Full Version : Another Major Final Over, How depressing...

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 05:45 AM
now we'lll have to wait months before the Australian Open kicks off. Gosh I wish there was more relevant tennis before then. And I don't like how the French and Wimby are so close together. They should spread the majors apart so that tennis fans don't have to wait forever for another relevant tennis tournament.

batz
09-15-2009, 05:59 AM
now we'lll have to wait months before the Australian Open kicks off. Gosh I wish there was more relevant tennis before then. And I don't like how the French and Wimby are so close together. They should spread the majors apart so that tennis fans don't have to wait forever for another relevant tennis tournament.

Tennis is only relevant for 8 weeks of the year?:cry:

120mphBodyServe
09-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Now I can get more sleep and actually do some training for once.

ElSuegro
09-15-2009, 07:07 AM
The Masters should be good, since only the top eight qualify. No boring matches against unknown players, and Federer should be more motivated to perform to keep a lock on #1.

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Tennis is only relevant for 8 weeks of the year?:cry:

well according to sportscenter that's what it is. Only relevant for 8 weeks/52. I mean listen I love tennis but I kinda gotta agree. What matters in the long run is how you perform in the majors, in the grand slams, on the grande stage. in the long run, nobody really cares if some no namer upsets a top seed in cincinnati or montreal, or if roger federer beat nadal on clay in madrid, or if this and that.... blah blah blah... or if andy murray dominates rfed in non major matches.

All of that is completely pointless. I see it more as tune up for the top players. Hell if I were a top player, that would be like practice for me. And if I've won my major tournaments and am satisfied with the year, I really don't care about those little mini tourneys or serieses. Unfortuneately the rankings and the points race cares but I really think that those are small matters in the grand scheme of things.

burosky
09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
well according to sportscenter that's what it is. Only relevant for 8 weeks/52. I mean listen I love tennis but I kinda gotta agree. What matters in the long run is how you perform in the majors, in the grand slams, on the grande stage. in the long run, nobody really cares if some no namer upsets a top seed in cincinnati or montreal, or if roger federer beat nadal on clay in madrid, or if this and that.... blah blah blah... or if andy murray dominates rfed in non major matches.

All of that is completely pointless. I see it more as tune up for the top players. Hell if I were a top player, that would be like practice for me. And if I've won my major tournaments and am satisfied with the year, I really don't care about those little mini tourneys or serieses. Unfortuneately the rankings and the points race cares but I really think that those are small matters in the grand scheme of things.

Your post is like what commentators are constantly saying about Serena's thoughts about playing grand slam tournaments versus other tournaments. Sorry, I can't resist the comparison.

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Your post is like what commentators are constantly saying about Serena's thoughts about playing grand slam tournaments versus other tournaments. Sorry, I can't resist the comparison.

huh? what that she only plays in the big ones or only tries in the big ones? Well, if that's the case, for once I agree with serena.

burosky
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Yup. That's what commentators say about her. It's not to say that is what she really has in mind. I don't think she has actually said anything like that. Her actions may.

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Yup. That's what commentators say about her. It's not to say that is what she really has in mind. I don't think she has actually said anything like that. Her actions may.

well if I were Rafa , that's exactly what I'd do. Just only play majors and rest up my body so i don't get injured playing some worthless no name tournament in a third world country. (exageration, but you get the point.)