PDA

View Full Version : Did Soderling get fined for breaking his racquet?

raiden031
09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I know that Serena got a code violation for racquet abuse, but did Soderling get anything? I don't recall anything happening when he broke his racquet against Federer.

bhallic24
09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I know that Serena got a code violation for racquet abuse, but did Soderling get anything? I don't recall anything happening when he broke his racquet against Federer.

Yea but he was just yoking. :):):)

angharad
09-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Did he have any other code violations? Racquet abuse code violations don't seem to be mentioned by the commentators, unless there's a subsequent code violation that results in a point penalty. I don't remember seeing that Serena had gotten a code violation until after the match.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
It's been said whoever you are, no matter which surface you play, if there's a code violation for racquet abuse, you get a 500$ fine.

The reason why nobody talks about it is because the fine is seriously meaningless for a ATP/WTA pro.

raiden031
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
It's been said whoever you are, no matter which surface you play, if there's a code violation for racquet abuse, you get a 500$ fine.

The reason why nobody talks about it is because the fine is seriously meaningless for a ATP/WTA pro.

So Soderling had to pay $500, even though it wasn't talked about by anyone?

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM

Absolutely.

But 500$ to them is like pennies for us. Söderling, Safin, Ivanisevic, etc... paid 500$ every time they smashed a racquet.

$$$$mony$$$$
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
breaking rackets is good fun guys come on duhhh

Moose Malloy
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM

The ATP used to make public the amounts of fines players got throughout the year/during a slam, etc. Then they decided it would be better for the image of the sport to keep it quiet.

It would be nice to to to see the breakdown of who got fined specifically for what.

NEW YORK (AP) -Roger Federer has been fined $1,500 for using a profanity while arguing with the chair umpire during the U.S. Open final.

CBS microphones picked up the exchange during its live broadcast of the match.

Tournament spokesman Chris Widmaier says Federer is being docked the same amount as two other players - Vera Zvonareva and Daniel Koellerer - for audible obscenity.

Widmaier says a total of $31,500 in fines is being collected by the tournament, topped by Serena Williams' $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct. She also was fined $500 for racket abuse.

Daniel Nestor was docked $5,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct toward a fan.

iriraz
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Ivanisevic once said that he paid more money for fines in a year then other players career prize money.

BoomerangX
09-17-2009, 01:52 PM
The ATP used to make public the amounts of fines players got throughout the year/during a slam, etc. Then they decided it would be better for the image of the sport to keep it quiet.

It would be nice to to to see the breakdown of who got fined specifically for what.

What happened to Nestor?

maddogz32
09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
he probably had to pay the $500 dollars like serena. they just didnt talk about it because he didnt threaten a lines person