PDA

View Full Version : The male version of Lindsay Davenport!!!

DRII
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
How impressive was DelPotro's performance!!!

Such massive hitting off the ground from both sides: Flat, heavy, and supremely penetrating.

Enough to bewilder the 'all great' :neutral: Federer.

I think DelPo is the male version of Lindsay Davenport. Not the best mover, but when given a little time produces the cleanest heaviest hitting on the tour.

I didn't think this before this USO; he has improved so quickly. Just think how much better he can get. The opposite style of Andy Murray, I'm sure you can tell which one I find more enjoyable to watch.

LDVTennis
09-15-2009, 09:39 AM
On a relative scale, he's more athletic than Lindsay Davenport.

I was watching his feet. He's lighter on his feet than one would think --- more like a pro basketball player than the typical tall man in tennis.

In short, I don't think the comparison is valid just because both players are tall and have clean groundstrokes.

Fedace
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Are you Nuts ? Delpo can move like a Deer. while Lindsey can move like a Sea elephant...

raiden031
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Fortunately for Del Potro, he won't like this in 20-30 years, unlike Davenport.

http://capricorntheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/pdvd_003.png

drwood
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
How impressive was DelPotro's performance!!!

Such massive hitting off the ground from both sides: Flat, heavy, and supremely penetrating.

Enough to bewilder the 'all great' :neutral: Federer.

I think DelPo is the male version of Lindsay Davenport. Not the best mover, but when given a little time produces the cleanest heaviest hitting on the tour.

I didn't think this before this USO; he has improved so quickly. Just think how much better he can get. The opposite style of Andy Murray, I'm sure you can tell which one I find more enjoyable to watch.

Similar in styles, but Delpo is MUCH more mentally tough than Lindsay...Lindsay sulked way too often. I liked Lindsay's game as well.

DRII
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Are you Nuts ? Delpo can move like a Deer. while Lindsey can move like a Sea elephant...

Uhm Fedace...

DelPo is not the best mover, compared to the other top male players, thats pretty clear.