PDA

View Full Version : Summer Tennis Camps for Juniors

eharf
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Where are some of the tennis camps, on the east coast, that your kids have had good experience at and why? are they going back? What abouy camps that tour?
thanks

rasajadad
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
My son enjoyed the Nike Camp at Amherst College for two summers. A lot more play and drill than individual instruction though.

goodthing
09-25-2009, 12:07 PM
I went to Julian Krinsky tennis camp in Philadelphia for 2 years. Good instruction and fun atmosphere. I'm a high school junior who wanted to move up on my high school team. I made Varsity after my first summer at Krinsky and have continued to move up on the roster after my 2d summer. I am a good player, not an elite player, though there were definitely elite players at the camp. I think Krinsky does a good job in its placement of players in levels for instruction. You do drills in the morning and matches in the afternoons, totaling about 5 hours. In the evening, you have activities scheduled ranging from game night to going to a shopping mall to going to a movie, etc. If you are there over a weekend, you choose an excursion that can be going to Washington DC to NYC to an amusement/waterpark to a baseball game, etc.
Perfect for someone looking to improve their tennis but still wanting a friendly atmosphere to meet new people and do other fun things.