PDA

View Full Version : Will Nike turn Del potro into the new Rafa?

babbette
09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
They've already begun with sleeveless outfits I feel should've been what Rafa should wear. Now that Del potro has done what no other (except Rafa) has in a GS against Roger, would they dump and accentuate the image of young, aggressive and intimidating player on Delpo while they keep stuffing Rafa in those clown polo shirts?:shock:

Watch out Delpo if you're still sucessful and consistent in 2 years you're the next polo victim.

I want Rafa back to the sleeveless next season. I've had enough of the polos now.

Gorecki
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
and i had enough carrots this week...

so both of us have had our shallow rants already... how cool is that?

Cesc Fabregas
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Del Potro seems like a nice guy but lets face it, hes no Nadal.

ArrowSmith
09-15-2009, 10:03 AM

That's true. He's no Nadal - he actually won the US Open. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Tony48
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
^^LOL.

10 chars

babbette
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
That's true. He's no Nadal - he actually won the US Open. :twisted:

true. Now let's see if he can win everything else that Rafa has by 23 :wink:

He just doesn't have the arms for those sleeveless and the butt for those shorts. :(

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Nike has a pretty good platform with these younger successful players like Nadal and Del Potro coming up. Trust me there isn't another Nadal and they wouldn't be so dumb to imply otherwise, Del Potro will come into his own and they will probably cater to him equally (maybe).

coloskier
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM

Yes, he's beaten him 3 times in a row.

babbette
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, he's beaten him 3 times in a row.
Rafa beat him 4 times before that, on all surfaces. Del po has to prove himself on other surfaces. 8)
Roddick once won the USO open too remember? A lot of proving still to be done. :mrgreen:

ruerooo
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
They've already begun with sleeveless outfits I feel should've been what Rafa should wear.

If you remember, Polito has been wearing the sleeveless shirts for awhile (one of the reasons why, when he and Rafa played each other, I used to enjoy the matches so much :D ).

But IMO Rafa's loss problem is connected to the polo collar. Of course I prefer the sleeveless, but if you remember, he won the AO wearing a crew collar even though he had sleeves.

NO MORE POLO COLLARS, RAFA!!!