09-15-2009, 10:25 AM
This is my list of the Top 5 player in every surface:

HC (from January until Miami and after Wimbledon until USO) :

1. Nadal
2. Del Potro
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Djokovic

Nadal is clearly obvious because he has because he has won 1 GS and 1 MS and made 2 SF and 2 QF in Master Series. He was also finalist in Rotterdam and QF in Doha.

Just the fact Del Potro also has won 1 GS makes him above everyone else as well IMHO. Plus he has 1 Master Series Final, 2 SF and 1 QF as well. He also won Washington prior to the Rogers Cup (Montreal).

The fact Federer performed overall better in GS makes him in third place. He's a finalist in both HC GS + 1 MS, 2 SF and 1 QF in Master Series.

Murray has a 4th round loss in the Australian Open and US Open. However he has 2 MS, 1 MS Final and 1 SF. He also has won Doha and Rotterdam.

Djokovic deserves the 5th spot because of his overall performance in HC. He lost in QF of the AO Open and lost in SF at the US Open. In Master Series, he has 2 Finals, and 2 SF. However he has a title in Dubai.

For Clay here is the follow rankings:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Djokovic
4. Del Potro
5. Söderling

Federer is obvious since he won RG + 1 MS, 1 SF and a 2 Round in Master Series.

Nadal is second since he won 2 MS + 1 MS Final and he also won Barcelona. However he lost in the 4th round in RG.

Djokovic is the third choice since he has Master Series Finals and 1 SF and he won the Serbia Open. However he has a 3rd round loss in RG.

Del Potro is my 4th choice since he was overall consistent on Clay. He was a SF in RG, he has 1 SF, 1 QF and 2nd round loss in Master Series.

Söderling is fifth due mostly to his impressive Final run in RG. However he has
a decent run in MS : 2 3rd Round and 1 QF. However he has a title in the Swedish Open.

Here are my rankings for Grass:

1. Federer
2. Roddick
3. Murray
4. Haas
5. Djokovic

Since Queens and Halle are considered non important tourneys according to several users, that's why I made a change.

Federer is obvious since he won Wimbledon.

Roddick since he was a finalist at Wimbledon and had to retire in the SF due to injury.

Queen has more prestige than Halle.

Murray since he won Queens and a was a SF at Wimbledon.

Haas since he won Halle and was a SF at Wimbledon.

Djokovic since he was a finalist in Halle and had a QF at Wimbledon

(I know there will be alot of disagreements with my rankings).

If you have any modifications to add, please feel free to add.

batz
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Murray didn't make QF in Oz.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Murray didn't make QF in Oz.

My mistake you are right. He lost in the 4th round to Verdasco. Thanks. I'll edit it now.

batz
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
My mistake you are right. He lost in the 4th round to Verdasco. Thanks. I'll edit it now.

No worries - I thought it might alter your rankings.

akv89
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
This is my list of the Top 5 player in every surface:

HC (from January until Miami and after Wimbledon until USO) :

1. Nadal
2. Del Potro
3. Federer
4. Murray
5. Djokovic

Nadal is clearly obvious because he has because he has won 1 GS and 1 MS and made 2 SF and 2 QF in Master Series. He was also finalist in Rotterdam and QF in Doha.

Just the fact Del Potro also has won 1 GS makes him above everyone else as well IMHO. Plus he has 1 Master Series Final, 2 SF and 1 QF as well. He also won Washington prior to the Rogers Cup (Montreal).

The fact Federer performed overall better in GS makes him in third place. He's a finalist in both HC GS + 1 MS, 2 SF and 1 QF in Master Series.

Murray has a 4th round loss in the Australian Open and US Open. However he has 2 MS, 1 MS Final and 1 SF. He also has won Doha and Rotterdam.

Djokovic deserves the 5th spot because of his overall performance in HC. He lost in QF of the AO Open and lost in SF at the US Open. In Master Series, he has 2 Finals, and 2 SF. However he has a title in Dubai.

For Clay here is the follow rankings:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Djokovic
4. Del Potro
5. Söderling

Federer is obvious since he won RG + 1 MS, 1 SF and a 2 Round in Master Series.

Nadal is second since he won 2 MS + 1 MS Final and he also won Barcelona. However he lost in the 4th round in RG.

Djokovic is the third choice since he has Master Series Finals and 1 SF and he won the Serbia Open. However he has a 3rd round loss in RG.

Del Potro is my 4th choice since he was overall consistent on Clay. He was a SF in RG, he has 1 SF, 1 QF and 2nd round loss in Master Series.

Söderling is fifth due mostly to his impressive Final run in RG. However he has
a decent run in MS : 2 3rd Round and 1 QF. However he has a title in the Swedish Open.

Here are my rankings for Grass:

1. Federer
2. Murray
3. Haas
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic

Federer is obvious since he won Wimbledon.

Murray since he won Queens and a was a SF at Wimbledon

Haas since he won Halle and was a SF at Wimbledon.

Roddick since he was a finalist at Wimbledon and had to retire in the SF due to injury.

Djokovic since he was a finalist in Halle and had a QF at Wimbledon

(I know there will be alot of disagreements with my rankings).

If you have any modifications to add, please feel free to add.

I think Roddick deserves to be above both Murray and Haas on grass considering that he beat Murray at Wimbledon and did better against Federer than Haas. Most importantly, a major final trumps title wins in 250 tournaments.
I would also have Federer at #2 on hard courts because of his consistency throughout the season, but it's so close between him and Del Potro that I can see why one might go the other way.

roddickfan1000
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
What, roddick 4th on grass, what the **** is the OP playing at. He would have proabably won queens too since it is a faster court.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
No worries - I thought it might alter your rankings.

Oh it hardly affected the rankings since Djokovic did far less stellar than Murray IMHO.

ArrowSmith
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
A few short years ago who would have thought Fed would be #3 on hardcourts in a season? He used to be King of Hardcourts.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I think Roddick deserves to be above both Murray and Haas on grass considering that he beat Murray at Wimbledon and did better against Federer than Haas. Most importantly, a major final trumps title wins in 250 tournaments.
I would also have Federer at #2 on hard courts because of his consistency throughout the season, but it's so close between him and Del Potro that I can see why one might go the other way.

I think just the simply fact that Del Potro has a HC GS and Fed doesn't have one in my mind puts Fed at #3

Now I can agree with your points with Roddick should be #2 in Wimby since he beated credible opponents but since there are very little grass tournaments that whoever wins the grass tourneys is huge in my books.

But I know in your mind : strong showing at Wimby >>>>> tier 1 grass events. but had Roddick won Queens, he would of been easily #2. Now I know it's unfair due to his injury but it's how it works. However had Murray and Haas would of show a terrible performance in Wimby, Roddick would of also been #2. That's how I see it.

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I wouldnt make my final hard court rankings until the end of the year. For now I would agree but put Del Potro at #1 and Nadal at #2. Yeah Nadal has a Masters title vs Del Potro just having a runner up but Del Potro owns Nadal on hard courts this year and won the biggest hard court event of the year destroying Rafa along the way.

On grass and clay I agree except Roddick should be #2 for the year on grass.

Bloodshed
What, roddick 4th on grass, what the **** is the OP playing at. He would have proabably won queens too since it is a faster court.

I understand your frustration at Roddick being #4 but keep in mind Murray and Haas not only won their respective grass tourneys but they also had a strong run at Wimbledon as well. Roddick had to retire due to his injury at Queens which sucks because we all know he would of beaten Blake and possibly take the tourney but that's how it goes. I apologize if this infuriates you.

NickH87
I still dont think fed can beat a healthy nadal on clay. I also dont think a healthy nadal can beat fed on a fast hard court.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I wouldnt make my final hard court rankings until the end of the year. For now I would agree but put Del Potro at #1 and Nadal at #2. Yeah Nadal has a Masters title vs Del Potro just having a runner up but Del Potro owns Nadal on hard courts this year and won the biggest hard court event of the year destroying Rafa along the way.

On grass and clay I agree except Roddick should be #2 for the year on grass.

Obviously the indoor tourneys will definately change my rank once I see the results from the Top 5 Players. I will keep that in my mind. And once again in my previous posts, I explained why Roddick is #4. I guess to alot of you a strong show at Wimby is miles ahead of a grass tourney but it's just there are little to no grass tournaments that explains the pretige value of grass tourneys above a strong Wimby performance.

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Obviously the indoor tourneys will definately change my rank once I see the results from the Top 5 Players. I will keep that in my mind. And once again in my previous posts, I explained why Roddick is #4. I guess to alot of you a strong show at Wimby is miles ahead of a grass tourney but it's just there are little to no grass tournaments that explains the pretige value of grass tourneys above a strong Wimby performance.

There is no grass court tournament close to Wimbledon. Queens isnt even a Masters event.

ArrowSmith
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Cincy = a major

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
There is no grass court tournament close to Wimbledon. Queens isnt even a Masters event.

Alright I guess what you're saying is that I should treat Halle and Queens like a small tourney instead of a MS? Well in that case, yeah Roddick should be #2 and Murray #3 and Haas #4 (since Queens has more prestige than Halle).

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Alright I guess what you're saying is that I should treat Halle and Queens like a small tourney instead of a MS? Well in that case, yeah Roddick should be #2 and Murray #3 and Haas #4 (since Queens has more prestige than Halle).

Yes that is what I am saying since Halle and Queens are not actually Masters events. That is why I say there is no grass court event close to Wimbledon.

Bloodshed
09-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Cincy = a major

Yes I did mention that Fed has won 1 MS HC which is Cincy. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

roddickfan1000
09-15-2009, 11:59 AM

came to your senses then, lets not forget that haas won a halle with the likes of federer pulling out (who would have won it) and murray playing only 1 decent opponent in ferrero, blake is just a fail, roddick beat murray in 4 sets when murray was meant to beat roddick in straight sets. Roddick also won more games in the 5th set against federer than haas did in the entire match.