PDA

View Full Version : Who has the new Muse album?

ogruskie
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
The first thing I did after school was rush to a store to get the album. It's pretty incredible, especially the symphony portion of the cd. I really love the song "United States of Eurasia". It was "Queen" written all over it, but you'll have to listen for yourself.

The album is drastically different from their earlier material. As an individual album, it's pretty good. I'm still trying to break into it. But when compared to their previous works, it's not quite as good. I still love Origin Of Symmety and Absolution compared to everything else.

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
MK Ultra and the Exogenesis suite are the highlights imo.

And it's much much better than Black Holes.

Eurasia is the low point though.

ogruskie
09-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Why do you dislike Eurasia? It reminds of everything Muse once used to be.

Duzza
09-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeh I've got it, its quite good. I love Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, MK Ultra, United States of Eurasia (especially the +Collateral Damage part).

Pretty impressed, never been too into Muse.

ogruskie
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Exogenesis Part 3 is hands down my favorite song on the album. It's simply beautiful. Is it based on some classical song? Because it sounds very vaguely familiar.

David_Is_Right
09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
The new single sounds remarkably like the Doctor Who theme tune.

aphex
09-17-2009, 10:04 AM
just downloaded it-haven't heard it yet but just want to say matt=WIN on
all kinds of levels.

a TRUE genius.

westside
09-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Had to listen to this Album a couple of times to get my true opinion of it. And i actually really like it. Not what i entirely expected from them, and i like that.

MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires and The Exogenesis Symphony are the real standouts though

Breaker
09-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Just bought it yesterday and wasn't expecting it to be that great but have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it's definitely up there with Origin of Symmetry/Absolution in terms of their best.

Love I Belong To You, MK Ultra (the last 30 seconds especially), Exogenesis I-III, and Uprising, others will probably grow on me. Great album.