PDA

View Full Version : IF Henin DOES come back after TWO YEARS....

HollerOne5
09-15-2009, 04:04 PM
....then I do believe 100% the insider gossip on the fact that the real reason she originally left the game was because of a failed drug test. The WTA covered for her (because, lets be honest, how bad would it look to have a 7 time champion be tarnished while still #1), and agreed to let her "retire" and serve her 2-year "doping" suspension, without having to lose her dignity.

Thoughts??

AR15
09-15-2009, 04:09 PM

Thoughts??

I could give a rat's arse what she does.

drwood
09-15-2009, 04:09 PM
....then I do believe 100% the insider gossip on the fact that the real reason she originally left the game was because of a failed drug test. The WTA covered for her (because, lets be honest, how bad would it look to have a 7 time champion be tarnished while still #1), and agreed to let her "retire" and serve her 2-year "doping" suspension, without having to lose her dignity.

Thoughts??

Gossip is sinful, distasteful and wicked. Please provide a link to support your statements before you tarnish someone's career with careless chatter. Thank you.

HollerOne5
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stoo
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I could give a rat's arse what she does.

Another quality post! You're insightfulness is only exceeded by your ignorance.

BigServer1
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
It's funny, I've actually heard this as well, from a tour doubles player.

Apparently, if a player tests positive they are given the option to retire from the sport before anything is made public. If they decide to fight it, then the results are made public. The ATP and WTA are out to protect their top players, so this wouldn't entirely surprise me.

Could be true, could be false, it's just what I've heard...

JennyS
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Her retirement did come out of nowhere and at the strangest possible time (right before the French Open?!) so it makes sense that people would speculate that she failed a drug test. Or she could have missed a third out-of-competition test, which is the same as failing a test.

TennisandMusic
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
What about Clijsters then? She did the same thing...

or Hingis? (the first time)

We don't know anything at all, and there is no evidence of anything at all either, so best to just not spread rumors etc.

Lionheart392
09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
It's not impossible but I don't think so.
Also it wouldn't explain why she was sucking so badly in 2008. Her motivation was just gone.