PDA

View Full Version : Best tennis player is not Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, or even Murray. Its......

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Fernando Gonzalez!!!

Sorry, I'm a chilean so i thought that someone should say something about Gonzalez for a change. All this threads about Federer and Nadal and Murray just make me dizzy. I'm not trolling, Im just stating my opinion. I think there should be less threads where people attack each other ("Youre a *******" " F**k you, you are a *******" "Murray is a pusher") and more threads where people can voice their opinions in a civilized way

SourStraws
09-15-2009, 05:31 PM
.....No

S.S.

Tennis_Monk
09-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Best tennis player according to u i suppose.

If so, so be it.. Fernando Gonzalez is the best tennis player.

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Best tennis player according to u i suppose.

If so, so be it.. Fernando Gonzalez is the best tennis player.

I dont actually think Gonzalez is the best tennis player. Its just that, if you are british, Murray will most likely be your favorite player, if you are australian, youll most likely root for Hewitt. It just so happens that im chilean

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Good for you Fr4Nc0!

Mkie7
09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Fernando Gonzalez!!!

Sorry, I'm a chilean so i thought that someone should say something about Gonzalez for a change. All this threads about Federer and Nadal and Murray just make me dizzy. I'm not trolling, Im just stating my opinion. I think there should be less threads where people attack each other ("Youre a *******" " F**k you, you are a *******" "Murray is a pusher") and more threads where people can voice their opinions in a civilized way

Happy for you.. :)

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont actually think Gonzalez is the best tennis player. Its just that, if you are british, Murray will most likely be your favorite player, if you are australian, youll most likely root for Hewitt. It just so happens that im chilean

Besides, the main point of this thread was to point out how uncivilized most of the threads in TW are, I mean, try to find a thread where no one has called anyone a SOB just because it so happens they like different players.

Tennis_Monk
09-15-2009, 05:38 PM

Sorry. while i support players from my country by no means they are my favorite players. I am big fan of Tennis and then anything else. I generally support the underdog though i made exceptions for Nadal and Federer.

navratilovafan
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
A more reasonable thread might be is Gonzalez the best player to never win a Masters title? I would have to think about that one some but it is a shame he hasnt won one. I doubt he will ever win a slam but I hope he gets a Masters at some point.

Solid Ace
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Well I'm chilean and my favourite player is Paul Capdeville. I mean, this guy's like nš80 and he won a set over Murray.
Just kidding.
Your favorite player doesn't need to be your country's player. I mean, if Fed, Gonzo or Delpo played a match I wouldn't mind who wins.

Chadwixx
09-15-2009, 05:43 PM
He may rescue dying dogs from the street but he is still a bad person because what he did in the blake match :)

He is one of my favorite players too. His backhand is really improving. Saw him play when he first started and was astounded at his 135's. This was back in like 2002 when that was as big as petes.

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Besides, the main point of this thread was to point out how uncivilized most of the threads in TW are, I mean, try to find a thread where no one has called anyone a SOB just because it so happens they like different players.

Quite clever of you to do so, I for one am a fan of Murray and it does get on my nerves when people on here start to diss us British folk, claiming that we're all desperate for a native to win Wimbledon.

You get people calling tennis a classy sport, when it seems like anything but if you went by what people say on here.

PCXL-Fan
09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Fernando is a solid player with a great forhand, just not enough consistency. Without Federer being around he might have even won a Grandslam.

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Well I'm chilean and my favourite player is Paul Capdeville. I mean, this guy's like nš80 and he won a set over Murray.
Just kidding.
Your favorite player doesn't need to be your country's player. I mean, if Fed, Gonzo or Delpo played a match I wouldn't mind who wins.

Just saying that people tend to supports their countries' players

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 05:53 PM
You get people calling tennis a classy sport, when it seems like anything but if you went by what people say on here.

I completely agree with you. People don't need to be disrespectul to each other

Bilbo
09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
YOU FOOL!

Ljubicic is clearly the best.:)

darthpwner
09-15-2009, 05:59 PM
It's all about Goran

Feņa14
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Quite clever of you to do so, I for one am a fan of Murray and it does get on my nerves when people on here start to diss us British folk, claiming that we're all desperate for a native to win Wimbledon.

Spot on.

See the cricket today? I was a yard away from being taken out by a Morgan 6! He's quite impressive.

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 06:11 PM
The one that brought up his fifty? It was some top hitting from him I must say, shame Denly fell short of a half century himself.

And I can't believe how easily they chased down 300 :(

Feņa14
09-15-2009, 06:17 PM
The one that brought up his fifty? It was some top hitting from him I must say, shame Denly fell short of a half century himself.

And I can't believe how easily they chased down 300 :(

Nope, the first one he hit (the side where Hussey dropped him). It was quite a windy day and the ball was moving all over the place as it was coming at us, was a weird feeling seeing the ball get bigger and bigger! lol.

Yeah I was a bit shocked they got it so easily, Ponting was amazing though. The 6 he hit off Sidebottom was scary good.

SempreSami
09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
That's Ponting for you, class* player.

*I really do mean that, I think he was very gracious in defeat after the Ashes as well as one of the best batsmen around.

slice bh compliment
09-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Fernando is a solid player with a great forhand, just not enough consistency. Without Federer being around he might have even won a Grandslam.

Si, si, si! Vamos Forehando! Animo, animo!

Just saying that people tend to supports their countries' players

Well put. We all want to identify with someone and barrack for him.

I am from the US with some family from Oz. I openly root for Taylor Dent, even against an actor pretending to be Agassi and Graf's kid in a Genworth Financial advertisement. I was pretty sad he lost that one. Every time the commercial would air, I'd feel sad for Taylor.

I've got family in Canada, too, so I root for Alexandra Wozniak (the other white Wozzer), Phil Bester and Frank Dancevic.

I have a Swiss Army knife so I root for Federer because he's so versatile.

I like to drink Scotch once a year, so I root for Murray at Wimbledon.

I used to drive a large German sedan and I sometimes wear Birkenstocks, so I was a big Boris Becker fan.

I love NY so I always rooted for Vitas and Mac when I was a junior.

I have dark hair and lots of chest, leg and arm hair, so I was always a big fan of Sampras.

I sweat a lot, so... Go Rafter!

I used to have long hair, I'm pretty strong and I have had a one-handed BH since age 6...so...Vamos Fernando! Go Vilas!

I have nothing in common with another Chileano, but I always loved watching him play: Chino Rios!

I have had some Volkl frames, so I always rooted for Petr Korda. And that's not easy, to be a fan of such a talented, freaky and streaky player.

Feņa14
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
That's Ponting for you, class* player.

*I really do mean that, I think he was very gracious in defeat after the Ashes as well as one of the best batsmen around.

He was yeah, he got alot of boo's today when he came in again but you could see it was just part of the banter. Warne had the whole love hate relationship thing with the fans and I think Ponting has taken it over.

grafselesfan
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
YOU FOOL!

Ljubicic is clearly the best.:)

It is funny you bring up Ljubicic in a satarical thread about Gonzalez since it reminds me of their match in the Madrid quarters in 2006. This was Gonzalez's best chance ever of the elusive Masters title he never won (and maybe Ljubicic's too though he missed a good one in Paris next week too). Gonzalez was up 6-3, 2-0, he played probably his best match ever with no virtually no mistakes, and he still couldnt hang on to beat Ljubicic even playing perfectly and making no errors. Basically the rest of the 2nd set from 6-3, 2-0 up and the entire 3rd set he made no unforced errors in any of the 12 games he lost outside the tiebreak, including the service break he lost back to Ljubicic in the 2nd and the decisive service break in the 3rd, and all 10 service holds for Ljubicic. The only unforced errors he made were in some of the games he won, and the 2nd set tiebreak he made 2 yet he lost the tiebreak 7-2 so would have lost it anyway. I often use that match as one I laugh at when people say Gonzalez at his best is unbeatable. Apparently playing the tennis of his life, even perfect tennis, he is beatable to someone like Ljubicic even after being up 6-3, 2-0.

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=slice bh compliment;3946325]Si, si, si! Vamos Forehando! Animo, animo!

I have nothing in common with another Chileano, but I always loved watching him play: Chino Rios![/QUOTE

Rios actually kind of embarrases me (and almost every other chilean). Once, a fan saw him in a public bathroom and went to ask for an authograph. He turned around and peed on him. Not exactly a good role model.

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Si, si, si! Vamos Forehando! Animo, animo!

Well put. We all want to identify with someone and barrack for him.

I am from the US with some family from Oz. I openly root for Taylor Dent, even against an actor pretending to be Agassi and Graf's kid in a Genworth Financial advertisement. I was pretty sad he lost that one. Every time the commercial would air, I'd feel sad for Taylor.

I've got family in Canada, too, so I root for Alexandra Wozniak (the other white Wozzer), Phil Bester and Frank Dancevic.

I have a Swiss Army knife so I root for Federer because he's so versatile.

I like to drink Scotch once a year, so I root for Murray at Wimbledon.

I used to drive a large German sedan and I sometimes wear Birkenstocks, so I was a big Boris Becker fan.

I love NY so I always rooted for Vitas and Mac when I was a junior.

I have dark hair and lots of chest, leg and arm hair, so I was always a big fan of Sampras.

I sweat a lot, so... Go Rafter!

I used to have long hair, I'm pretty strong and I have had a one-handed BH since age 6...so...Vamos Fernando! Go Vilas!

I have nothing in common with another Chileano, but I always loved watching him play: Chino Rios!

I have had some Volkl frames, so I always rooted for Petr Korda. And that's not easy, to be a fan of such a talented, freaky and streaky player.

Rios actually kind of embarrases me (and almost every other chilean). Once, a fan saw him in a public bathroom and went to ask for an authograph. He turned around and peed on him. Not exactly a good role model.