PDA

View Full Version : Will Juan Martin Del Potro win another major?

KrossKourt
09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
If he keeps that forehand going and work on his serve, definitely.

I project him winning two more at least in his career.

Tennis Fan
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I think he can.

PCXL-Fan
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
We've all been wrong in our predictions at least a few time, but I think its safe to bet he will at least once more in his career.

hondas2k
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
i dont think so...

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Beyond a doubt.

Talker
09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
He looked pretty good at the FO this year.
He will be a year older and can do what Soderling did to Nadal.
Take the ball high, hit flat and hard.

Halba
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
yep. he'll be gunning for australian open 2009. all he needs is a little help from the other guys maybe to knock off fed or a murray

ArrowSmith
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Del Potro will win 3432432423 slams.

quest01
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I think he can win a few more but everyone said the same thing about Roddick after he won the Open in 2003 and he hasn't won another one since. Roddick has come close but Del Potro won the US Open for Roddick. Delpo should have said that during the acceptance speech that "I won it for you Andy."(for his loss at Wimby)

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 10:06 PM
I think he can win a few more but everyone said the same thing about Roddick after he won the Open in 2003 and he hasn't won another one since. Roddick has come close but Del Potro won the US Open for Roddick. Delpo should have said that during the acceptance speech that "I won it for you Andy."(for his loss at Wimby)

Roddick is a very hard worker and a great competitor but he does not have the kind of natural overall talent level as Del Potro. When you look at Roddick's game he has talent to serve and sometimes hit great forehands when really confident and not much else. I actually like Roddick but his talent has limitation and he really works hard to maximize it as best he can, and give himself the best chance he can with what he has. Del Potro has talent to hit amazing serves, forehands, backhands, return of serves, moves really well for a big guy, and has a high tennis IQ. You cant teach talent.

roddickfan1000
09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Roddick is a very hard worker and a great competitor but he does not have the kind of natural overall talent level as Del Potro. When you look at Roddick's game he has talent to serve and sometimes hit great forehands when really confident and not much else. I actually like Roddick but his talent has limitation and he really works hard to maximize it as best he can, and give himself the best chance he can with what he has. Del Potro has talent to hit amazing serves, forehands, backhands, return of serves, moves really well for a big guy, and has a high tennis IQ. You cant teach talent.

roddick is actually very talented, more so than the likes of gulbis,nalbandian and gasquet.

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 10:39 PM
roddick is actually very talented, more so than the likes of gulbis,nalbandian and gasquet.

Whether Roddick is more talented than those guys or not, they are not great barometers as none are slam champions and Gulbis and Gasquet have never even come close and never will.

ceberus
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm sure he will. Federer's getting old, he can beat Nadal easily, let's see how he does with Djokovic or Roddick those guys.

FitzRoy
09-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Nalbandian has a combined 10-11 record against Federer and Nadal, and has been to the semis or better at all four Slams. I don't know why he, out of all the guys you could pick, is the one you put in there with Gasquet and Gulbis? You're absolutely sure Roddick is more talented than Nalbandian?

Nalbandian with Roddick's consistent work ethic and commitment to winning is something I wish I could've seen..

big bang
09-15-2009, 11:00 PM
this boy is mentally very strong, and won a slam at only 20!! he know he can pull it off, so he will be very dangerous in the future.. I am sure he will win more slams:)

federerfanatic
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
I actually dont think Roddick is more talented than Nalbandian. Nalbandian is the greatest overall talent but Roddick got alot more out of his talent. Gasquet and Gulbis are both hugely overrated players who have never deserved the hype they get. Maybe someone with a combination of the best qualities of Gasquet and Gulbis, with a bit of Murray and Nadal qualities added to that too, might be worthy of the hype both have gotten at one point. Which kind of just shows how far either are away from being that.

ASL
09-15-2009, 11:55 PM
If he doesn't do a Novak.