PDA

View Full Version : MG Rad Pro/MG Prestige Pro.

Ownstroy
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I have been using a leaded up MG Rad Pro for quite some time and I really enjoy it. However, lately the racquet hasn't been cutting it. I tried a demo of the MG Prestige Pro tonight and fell in love. It was a better version of the Radical without having to use tape. I plan on adding a little to bump the Prestige up to around 13oz and change the swingweight a little.
Background info- 5.0 All courter, heavy topspin both wings, fast swing, full western grip, i prefer baseline:)

2 questions---1. The prestige had cyber blue/syn gut hybrid. Will the feel change much when i use cyber flash in a full bed? I'm not a fan of hybrid because i break it much, much faster than full poly.
2. Do you think it was just new racquet excitement?? I plan on trying again a few more times...and does this racquet shred strings fast?

Thanks for any input! I really appriciate it.

PED
09-16-2009, 07:31 AM
It's a great stick, I've got 2 of them. I break full poly around the 9 hour mark but it's dead by then anyway. Full CF works well in there but I use PL2 as it's softer and has a bit more pop.

I think it's more solid than the Rad Pro but I still ended up adding some lead at 3 and 9 to help with the plow thru. Also, it's a bit HL to start off and I had trouble timing my 2 hander without the lead in the hoop. Depth and spin is really nice as you've seen and it's also much more solid than the 18X20 version but not as robust as the Mid....but the Mid has a much smaller sweet spot.

Mine are 346 strung with an OG. I've had them for 9 months and love them.