PDA

View Full Version : a lil treat for fans of the Rafa-Roger rivalry

babbette
09-16-2009, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJT84Xz-BEU&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

no stupidity or bashing please, this is simply for those that kind of miss those days.

rafan
09-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks for that Babette. Oh dear who is going to replace them. Murray v Del Potro won't be the same somehow

Speranza
09-16-2009, 04:33 AM
You never know, we may have at least one (possibly even two) of these - IF WE'RE LUCKY!

Good post, and remember that this isn't for bashing either player as the OP stated. Let's just be thankful that we've been around to witness in person one of the best rivalries ever in tennis and the sporting world.

KoolBeans
09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Dayum that vid is sick. This rival really gets me emotional when see videos of it. Great stuff.

Thanks!

KB x

TheMusicLover
09-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the vid! Makes me quite a bit melancholical, as I fear it won't last for long anymore, with Fed being in decline, Rafa having all his physical troubles, and the new batch of young guns coming up.

Good post, and remember that this isn't for bashing either player as the OP stated. Let's just be thankful that we've been around to witness in person one of the best rivalries ever in tennis and the sporting world.

Exactly. People are going to miss them when they're gone. So happy I've been able to watch both of them play live. I'll cherish that memory for ever.

rocket
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for that Babette. Oh dear who is going to replace them. Murray v Del Potro won't be the same somehow

You can expect to see either Fed or Nadal - or both - in slam finals for a good few years. Delpo & Murray will have to do exceptionally well to be in a slam final again.

ruerooo
09-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks so much for that.

I believe that, like James Bond ...
ROGER AND RAFA WILL RETURN ... :D

Badger
09-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks a million for that babette. For me, the Federer- Nadal rivalry is the greatest of all time. The Wimbledon final in 2008 was something extraordinary. Nike had it perfectly planned: two of the greatest players to play the game; Federer- five time champion, traditional one handed backhand, sophisticated and elegant, with an old fashioned look with the cardigan, this was his Empire. Nadal; strength, power, modern, with a sleevless top. Then of course there was the tennis. The greates match played of all tme.