PDA

View Full Version : The tail of the 2009 season - who will win what?

batz
09-16-2009, 06:10 AM
While I appreciate we're not going to get slam level excitement until next year, there are still three big tournaments left this year - so who will win what?

My picks:

Shanghai - Roger defeats Murray

Paris - Novak defeats Roddick

London - Rafa defeats JMDP

oy vey
09-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Japan-Roger defeats Murray
Basel-Djokovic defeats Federer

Agree on these:

dropshot winner
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
While I appreciate we're not going to get slam level excitement until next year, there are still three big tournaments left this year - so who will win what?

My picks:

Don't you have any believe in Murray?

l_gonzalez
09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Watch out for Soderling, if he is fit and healthy for the rest of the year then he'll win a title or two, may even get his first win over Fed. Indoors is by far his favourite time of year so I'm tipping him to win one of the 2 remaining Masters 1000 and make it to the Tour Finals.

dropshot winner
09-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Watch out for Soderling, if he is fit and healthy for the rest of the year then he'll win a title or two, may even get his first win over Fed. Indoors is by far his favourite time of year so I'm tipping him to win one of the 2 remaining Masters 1000 and make it to the Tour Finals.
I agree, Soderling plays his best indoor.

I'm looking forward to see him play in London.

batz
09-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Don't you have any believe in Murray?

He said this week he'll be trying some new things in his game between now and the AO - that may or may not translate to success.

I call it as I see it mate.

batz
09-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Japan-Roger defeats Murray
Basel-Djokovic defeats Federer

Agree on these:

I don't think Murray is playing Japan - he will play Valencia.

EDIT - apologies; you are correct - Murray and Roger both play.

dropshot winner
09-16-2009, 09:03 AM
He said this week he'll be trying some new things in his game between now and the AO - that may or may not translate to success.

I call it as I see it mate.
So far Murray has done VERY well in best-of-3 matches with his "old" game.

Why would that suddenly change? Of course Del Potro, Federer, Soderling and others won't make it easy for Murray, but I'm pretty sure that he'll do well in the next few events.

batz
09-16-2009, 09:08 AM
So far Murray has done VERY well in best-of-3 matches with his "old" game.

Why would that suddenly change? Of course Del Potro, Federer, Soderling and others won't make it easy for Murray, but I'm pretty sure that he'll do well in the next few events.

I'm only playing back what he said mate. He said he wasn't going to be too hung up on results between now and year end because he wanted to try out some new things in his game to be in the best possible position to have a decent crack at Oz.

dropshot winner
09-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm only playing back what he said mate. He said he wasn't going to be too hung up on results between now and year end because he wanted to try out some new things in his game to be in the best possible position to have a decent crack at Oz.

You're too pessimistic.

Murray is just trying to lower the huge expectations that have been put on him.
What he might do is try to implement a slightly more agressive gameplan, or go for more on his 2nd serve, but he won't suddenly losse the ability to defend and find clutch first serves.

He'll probably even win Shangai.

malakas
09-16-2009, 09:19 AM

good.That seems like the wise thing to do.He needs to focus on the slams and if he thinks he needs to changes some things,then some bad results don't matter the least.

I also believe that Soderling will do very well..he always does that part of the year..
I also hope Simon.:?

Michael Bluth
09-16-2009, 10:32 AM
I would love to see Federer win Paris and get one step closer to winning all the TMS.

roddickfan1000
09-16-2009, 10:34 AM

My picks:

can't see either player getting to the final, if they met, roddick would win as he owns djokovic now.

ceberus
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I can confirm that Murray ain't defeating no one.

batz
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I can confirm that Murray ain't defeating no one.

Really? He won't win another match this year?

tudwell
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Nalbandian will win everything.

roddickfan1000
09-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Nalbandian will win everything.

nope, he will be hangin' out in macdonalds for a few weeks instead of participating in the indoor season.

Antonio Puente
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Of the top six, who is scheduled to play where? Wasn't Rafa scheduled to play Thailand?

フェデラー
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
even though fed lost the us open its hard to count him out of anything. I say he will take all the tournaments he plays.

Petit Nicolas
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM

My picks:

6 different finalists? That is brave in light of the ATP circuit the last few years...

Michael Bluth
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
The Schedule of the top 6 is as follows:

Fed: Tokyo, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, London
Rafa: Bangkok(almost definitely won't play), Beijing(ditto), Shanghai, Valencia, Paris, London
Murray: Tokyo, Shanghai, Valencia, Paris, London
Djokovic: Beijing, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, London
Del Potro: Tokyo, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, London
Roddick: Beijing, Shanghai, Valencia, Paris, London.