PDA

View Full Version : Hey Serena, who's laughing now?

topspin
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Safina and the rest of the world who knew you were arrogant. That's who!

This video proves her extreme arrogance and lack of a shred of humility or recognition for the play of her competitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLZD09MqYI

And the ppl laughing along with her are just as bad as her. Fools!

Henry Kaspar
09-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Safina and the rest of the world who knew you were arrogant. That's who!

This video proves her extreme arrogance and lack of a shred of humility or recognition for the play of her competitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLZD09MqYI

And the ppl laughing along with her are just as bad as her. Fools!

It's a little arrogant, but the journalists also put her up for this.

babbette
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
to be fair she's just saying what everyone else is thinking or thought at the time.

wyutani
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
but i liked her. :(

topspin
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
to be fair she's just saying what everyone else is thinking or thought at the time.

It's clear that she also thought the same thing, given her incredulous laugh. Why even bother to say that you see yourself as #2 if you can't keep a straight face saying it? If she was genuine, she should have just said that she thought she was the better player with fewer points. Plain and simple. But no, she pretends to be humble only to have her arrogance inevitably blurt out. Anyone believe in karma?

Tanya
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
1. this is old
2. this is funny
3. this is true

papatenis
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I determine greatness by how many "Grand Slams" a player wins.

topspin
09-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Tanya,

1. You are biased
2. This is true
3. That is all, see ya

Chadwixx
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
to be fair she's just saying what every moron who doesnt understand 3rd grade math is thinking or thought at the time.

Fixed

Her fans dont even understand what a footfault is, maybe we shouldnt start the math just yet.

Henry Kaspar
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
1. this is old
2. this is funny
3. this is true

I think all was fine and funny until the last sentence. Now the last sentence was fine by itself too, actually it showed some sportsmanship, but bursting out into laughter turned all of it into its opposite.

But then, everyone laughed, and she just couldn't hold back. She actually seemed a little embarassed.

More generally, it's well known that Serena is unpopular among the WTA players, and there are reasons for this. But this is one thing, the witchhunt of recent days is another.

COPEY
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Regardless of how anyone feels about the ranking system with respect to the WTA, here are a few irrefutable facts:

World's no. 1 - Safina

As of today, between the no. 1 and no. 2 players, which would be inducted into the Tennis Hall of Fame - not Safina

I have a ton of respect for Safina, and in fact, any professional player because I appreciate the amount of dedication and hard work they put in to hone their craft. However, regardless of what anyone thinks of Serena (and/or Venus for that matter), she/they will be remembered for the huge contribution they made to women's tennis. The truth is, and one poster already alluded to this, greatness (in any sport) is measured by the number of championships you win. After that, there are players who go down in history for being fierce competitors (pretty much the best players who've never won a slam, and as of today Dementiava could easily fill that slot). Safina is a heck of a tennis player, but unless something changes in the next three to five years, she'll only be remembered as Marat Safin's little sister...who could never quite win the big one.