PDA

View Full Version : Nike Breathe Cage II vs. Nike Vapor VI

N2Deep
09-16-2009, 03:52 PM
I currently wear and love the Breathe Cage II. I need the cushioning or I feel the pain in my knees and hips.

Can people who have worn both tell me how they compare in terms of cushioning? Durability? And any other insight you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Tour90
09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
I have both of the shoes you speak of. First off, the bf II is a lot better in both fields, durability and cushioning. While the bf II sits higher off the ground, they are decently comfortable after the break in period. The vaopr vI has less cushioning but very responsive since it sits very low to the ground. The break in period is a lot longer since the upper is very stiff. The durability of the shoes will last you probably half the life span of the bfII. This is all based on my findings as well as owning a few of these pairs. I hope that helps.

LuckyR
09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I currently wear and love the Breathe Cage II. I need the cushioning or I feel the pain in my knees and hips.

Can people who have worn both tell me how they compare in terms of cushioning? Durability? And any other insight you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm. I guess I am a little baffled, not by your question but that you would find those two shoes comfortable.

In my experience the BF2, Breathe Cage 2 and CourtBallistic are all built on a wider last. The BF3 and Vapors (and probably many others too) are built on a narrower last and don't fit me right.