PDA

View Full Version : European Summer Tennis Camps Info

YEMntFtb
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey, I wanted to go this summer to a tennis camp in europe, spain or france or some place really cool in the US that would give me a good experience but would also get me training hard. I've been to bolletteri, so I'm looking for something of that caliber, that can put kids of 18 years old in their summer programs. I also don't want something to expensive, one or two week programs. Anyone have any good places for me to check out?

Thanks guys

rygy10
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
check out tenniseurope.com...i went to spain last summer on a two week mini trip and the competition was good and overall, the trip was amazing...they also have gold medal trips for players that have a certain ranking . good luck

Costagirl
03-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Hey, I wanted to go this summer to a tennis camp in europe, spain or france or some place really cool in the US that would give me a good experience but would also get me training hard. I've been to bolletteri, so I'm looking for something of that caliber, that can put kids of 18 years old in their summer programs. I also don't want something to expensive, one or two week programs. Anyone have any good places for me to check out?

Thanks guys

Yeah I really do know of a place...in Mallorca Spain. Jofre Porta is there and his junior academy is bar none. You can stay on campus or off obviously and the training is exceptional...but Jofre is actually out there with you. Not like NIcky B's. It's amazing how that makes all the difference in the world. Personal interest..and connection...nothing better!

Costagirl
03-07-2013, 05:50 AM
check out tenniseurope.com...i went to spain last summer on a two week mini trip and the competition was good and overall, the trip was amazing...they also have gold medal trips for players that have a certain ranking . good luck

Correct! The trip is also amazing because there's a real life experience behind it. it's tennis travel beyond borders in my opinion. There's other places in the sea beyond Florida..thank god

Costagirl
03-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Are you referring to Gary Weiners Tennis Europe (out of Connecticut I think)?
If so, glad to hear your trip was amazing....you play mainly matches there correct? Morning training?

SportCampTravel
06-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Europe has lots of really great tennis academies. Their training and philosophy is different than in the US so it's good to get another perspective. More than likely, you will also be able to train on clay courts which isn't as much of a focus in the US. It definitely helps your game to train on all surfaces and come back with a different style of training under your belt. It's also great for a cultural immersion, even if you aren't trying to learn the language. There are also a lot of great academies that aren't commercial that really focus on individual training. Shoot me an email at usacampagent@gmail.com if anyone is interested in more details! I have personally trained at many academies and know of many great academies an camps around Europe.

Costagirl
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Thanks guys

Ohhh do I have the place for you! Don't be afraid I'm a girl... I'm a teaching pro and know a damn good program when i play it...contact me!