PDA

View Full Version : Serving problems for top players

Ledigs
09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Federer's serve tends to collapse in crucial moments, especially if he is down.

Nadal also doesn't have the greatest serve, but his mental strength helps with this.

I would think this is one of the easiest areas to improve in tennis. So why don't they?

fed_rulz
09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

Nadal also doesn't have the greatest serve, but his mental strength helps with this.

I would think this is one of the easiest areas to improve in tennis. So why don't they?

I hope you're not being serious. 50 aces in the wimby final "tends" to disagree with you - that's as crucial as moments can get.

His serve had an off-day. No need to read too much into it.

Ledigs
09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Are you kidding? Roddick is the worst returner in history. Federer only aced him because Roddick can't return.

What are his records serving in other Slams?

fed_rulz
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Are you kidding? Roddick is the worst returner in history. Federer only aced him because Roddick can't return.

What are his records serving in other Slams?

Yeah, I'm sure Roddick is one of the worst returners in history :confused:

every one of his wimby finals with nadal, he's served ~ 25 aces. He served 39 against tipsy at the AO.

Ledigs
09-17-2009, 10:18 AM
What do you think of Roddick's return and Nadal's serve?

ArrowSmith
09-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Worst thread ever.

Ledigs
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Worst thread ever.

Ha you're probably right but seems like Fed has no respect. Then he doesn't even care that he loses US Open. He cares more about his legacy than about winning maybe.

ArrowSmith
09-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Ha you're probably right but seems like Fed has no respect. Then he doesn't even care that he loses US Open. He cares more about his legacy than about winning maybe.

That makes zero sense. Of course he cared, he just ran out of gas at the end of the 4th set. Not rocket science.

JankovicFan
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Worst thread ever.Hey, Mr. 32 posts per day, new this month, back off. The thread is completely legitimate.

nalbyvsfed
09-17-2009, 12:16 PM
nalbandian's serve( low percentage frist serve)( lack of pace), people mention his forehand but i think his forehand is great just look at those nadal- nalbandian matches

P_Agony
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM

LOL, Fed is the most clutch player on tour. Even with his pathetic 1st serve % at the USO final he managed to hit some amazing 2nd serves when he needed them. Ultimately he just lost to the better player that day.

Ripster
09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
LOL, Fed is the most clutch player on tour. Even with his pathetic 1st serve % at the USO final he managed to hit some amazing 2nd serves when he needed them. Ultimately he just lost to the better player that day.

Federer and Sampras are the best "clutch" servers I've ever seen. They always come up with the big serve in crucial moments.

Not sure why there is a thread about this because of the top 6 guys, Nadal is the only one with a weak serve and even then he usually spins it in with slice to set himself up for a big forehand.

maddogz32
09-17-2009, 01:10 PM
i dont know. the women are also double faulting a lot