PDA

View Full Version : Will Del Potro's success light a fire under Nalbandian?

JankovicFan
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
You would think there will now be a rivalry about who is the best player in Argentina, especially after their heartaches on the Davis Cup team. I just find that I can project seeing some of the Nalby we had hoped for, if his recovery goes well. Next year's US Open would be time for him to really be in form and well seeded.

P_Agony
09-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I wish. Nalby is the biggest under achiever in the last era. With his game and talent he should have won multiple slams by now. His game looks effortless and his BH is still the best in the world IMO.

malakas
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
No.

Maybe if he gets a ...race team,it will raise some interest from Dave.:rolleyes:

lambielspins
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
No. Nalbandian is done. Del Potro is just beginning.

pmerk34
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
You would think there will now be a rivalry about who is the best player in Argentina, especially after their heartaches on the Davis Cup team. I just find that I can project seeing some of the Nalby we had hoped for, if his recovery goes well. Next year's US Open would be time for him to really be in form and well seeded.

Nalbandian can only hope for Del Potros power

Ripster
09-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I wish. Nalby is the biggest under achiever in the last era. With his game and talent he should have won multiple slams by now. His game looks effortless and his BH is still the best in the world IMO.

I agree his backhand is the best in the world when he's on. After his match with Nadal in Indian Wells, Nadal actually said he was afraid to hit to Nalby's backhand. That was the first time I heard Nadal say that about anyone.

Let's hope he comes back and wins a GS because he's too good not to have one.

random guy
09-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Delpo has proved to Nalby, sadly, that is nearly impossible to win a slam without a first class serve (maybe with the exception of RG). But, who knows, I, for one, will be ten times more thrilled to see Nalby winning his first slam that with Delpo's (even tough I did lose a tear or two seeing Juan beating Fed on Monday)

akv89
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Nalbandian seemed pretty fired up even before the U.S. open. He said he wanted to win a major next year and also win Davis Cup.

MAX PLY
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
One would hope so but he really has to work on his conditioning. He will need to make a full committment so that the lit fire doesn't simply mean the smell of bacon cooking.

nalbyvsfed
09-18-2009, 05:07 AM
full dedication, and im sure he will win one ;)

OJ ROD
09-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Nalbandian can only hope for Del Potros power

He doesn't need it.

pmerk34
09-18-2009, 06:48 AM
He doesn't need it.

Yes, which his why he's won a US open title by beating Federer...oh wait...

FAIL

OJ ROD
09-18-2009, 06:49 AM
One would hope so but he really has to work on his conditioning. He will need to make a full committment so that the lit fire doesn't simply mean the smell of bacon cooking.

HAHAHAHAAAH:twisted:

OJ ROD
09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

FAIL

He owns nadal most of the time, has one of the best records against Federer, and has given a clinic to Murray, Djokovic, and Potro. Murray and Djokovic were at the top when he did.

He doesn't need the power is a fact. A fact can't fail, it just is.

By the way, don't throw FAIL's around like that. Even if what I said wasn't true, it wasn't meriting a Fail. Serena losing the match on a tantrum, that's a fail. Vomiting on your dream date, that's a Fail. Falling in love with the neighbors dog, that's a fail. Saying that a former top 3 player and clear rival to the game's best not needing much more than what has already gotten him to where he is, not fail.

pmerk34
09-18-2009, 06:55 AM
He owns nadal most of the time, has one of the best records against Federer, and has given a clinic to Murray, Djokovic, and Potro. Murray and Djokovic were at the top when he did.

He doesn't need the power is a fact. A fact can't fail, it just is.

He used to beat Federer. he hits hard btw but Del Potro hits harder.

Fedace
09-18-2009, 06:57 AM
He will light a fire in his grill to cook more prime ribs and Pork bellies to get ready for the match.

OJ ROD
09-18-2009, 06:58 AM
He used to beat Federer. he hits hard btw but Del Potro hits harder.

I know. So wait, what the hell are we talking about:twisted:. And I made an edit on my previous post, sorry.:twisted:

egn
09-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Nalby is done =[ sadly.

nalbyvsfed
09-18-2009, 07:00 AM

FAIL

why fail, he doesnt need it because he has the angles on both sides. placement > power. And he takes more time away than del potro, because he takes them earlier, and his groundstrokes are quite powerfull.

OJ ROD
09-18-2009, 07:06 AM
why fail, he doesnt need it because he has the angles on both sides. placement > power. And he takes more time away than del potro, because he takes them earlier, and his groundstrokes are quite powerfull.

That's what I meant to say:twisted:

ceberus
09-18-2009, 07:09 AM
If he gets his mind to it, he can rip apart anyone on the day.