PDA

View Full Version : Barricade II fitting/sizing compared to more recent offerings.

NTRP4.5
09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I feel like its time for a change. My last five pairs of tennis shoes have been the barricade II. I wear a size 10.5 in them.

I was wondering given my size in the barricade II's, how this would match up with more current offerings? Particularly the Nike Breathe Cage II's, Barricade V's, and the Ballistic 1.3's.

FuriousYellow
09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll let you know. I wear BIIs, but will be trying out a pair of BVs either this week or next. I ordered the same size I normally wear in BIIs.

Tennisidentity
09-19-2009, 03:58 AM
The Barricade shoe, although great looking, is too wide for my very narrow foot. I currently love the Wilson Tour Spin. They feel really lightweight, low to the ground and NEVER get hot. I've worn adidas Barricades and Nike Lunarlites in the past. One of the guys on my team (a pro and far better player than me) loves these as well -- says they feel like slippers. I know Wilson is coming out with these in some new colors for 2010.

FuriousYellow
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
I've been playing in them for about a week now. I don't think you'll have any problems transitioning other than a bigger dent in your wallet. Like you, I was looking to switch because the BIIs have been feeling kind of tight around the toes lately and my heel has been getting sore after playing. Also, my last pair of BIIs broke down after only a couple of months usage.

The BVs do feel a bit thicker in the heel and there is noticeably more room in the toebox but not so much you feel like you're sliding around in there. As far as the length, they feel about the same as the BIIs. In terms of width, other than the toebox, they feel the same in the midfoot and heel. As far as the extra ounce, I don't really notice it.

Break-in period seems about the same as the BIIs. Lots of folks say they're stiff at first, but I didn't find them so. Like the BIIs, I was able to play in them almost right out of the box.

When it comes to shoes, I don't like to mess with what's been working just because some new shoe looks better. I've been using the BIIs for 3-4 years, but I may have found a new shoe.