PDA

View Full Version : Width fit of the Barricade V.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, its probably been asked before, and I have searched, but just havn't found the piece of mind that I am looking for..

Ok, I currently where the current Adidas Tirands. The size is fine, but I am finding them a little narrow and snug in the forefoot area.. Not a problem, but after a few hours of simple things like driving, or sitting around, they just feel a little too tight and uncomfortable. And they feel like they are squeezing the side's of my front foot.. Almost like pushing my toes together at times..

I also find the back of them a strange fit, and that unless I really tie the laces up tight, my back foot and heal want to come out the back.. (I like to be comfy and walk around with loose laces ect) When I play I tie up. But still its a strange fit, and wanted to know if the Barricades are better...

I want to purchase some custom MiAdidas Barricades, but am not sure what size width I need to choose? Some people have said that the normal store ones are medium. So then, unless I try on a pair in the store, then I simply cant make a comparison.. I will be doing that this weekend. But wanted to see what others feel about the Barricade..

Also, do they run true to size? I am usually a 10 I think, but ordered 10.5 in the Tirands and the forefoot still feels tight.. The length is perfect however.. How are the Barra's?..

downdaline
09-18-2009, 02:23 AM
I found the Barricades to be rather wide actually. When i first bought them they fit fine, but as they broke-in, they widened a little.

Unfortunately, people have different foot sizes so asking for opinions on this may not be the best idea.

So far, from what i gather, the Barricades generally have a medium to wider fit than others (though i found the a3 Accelerators to be medium to narrow), Nikes are generally narrower.

ibeeskeef
09-18-2009, 04:40 AM
I had the same problem with my Barricade V's. I played in Barricade IV's with no problem but when I went with the new ones they really squeezed the outside front of my right foot after playing on them for a little bit. After playing my foot would be in real pain on the drive home and I had problems walking the next morning after getting out of bed. I switched to a Head shoe and my foot problems went away. I have no idea what width my Adidas shoes were but they really became painful after about 2 months of play on them.

zapvor
09-19-2009, 08:51 PM
i find them to be a tad narrow, the length is true to size and its a very nice snug fit but its a tad too tight. but not bad enough to go half size up i think

phishua
09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the width and fit are ideal, but let's face it...everybody has different feet. I am 10.5/11, with a wider foot. I have the B5's in an 11, medium width, and they feel like butter.

JavierLW
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Ok, its probably been asked before, and I have searched, but just havn't found the piece of mind that I am looking for..

Ok, I currently where the current Adidas Tirands. The size is fine, but I am finding them a little narrow and snug in the forefoot area.. Not a problem, but after a few hours of simple things like driving, or sitting around, they just feel a little too tight and uncomfortable. And they feel like they are squeezing the side's of my front foot.. Almost like pushing my toes together at times..

I also find the back of them a strange fit, and that unless I really tie the laces up tight, my back foot and heal want to come out the back.. (I like to be comfy and walk around with loose laces ect) When I play I tie up. But still its a strange fit, and wanted to know if the Barricades are better...

I want to purchase some custom MiAdidas Barricades, but am not sure what size width I need to choose? Some people have said that the normal store ones are medium. So then, unless I try on a pair in the store, then I simply cant make a comparison.. I will be doing that this weekend. But wanted to see what others feel about the Barricade..

Also, do they run true to size? I am usually a 10 I think, but ordered 10.5 in the Tirands and the forefoot still feels tight.. The length is perfect however.. How are the Barra's?..

The normal "medium" ones seem to fit wider for me. But I fixed that by wearing thicker socks so they are not THAT much wider. (I switched from Nike socks to Adidas socks which are only slightly thicker)

But try them on. Everyone's feet are different, so you cant take everyone's word for it.