PDA

View Full Version : Sampras would have owned Nadal on Fast surfaces!

Wondertoy
09-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Pete always said that he would have been "licking his chops" to play Nadal on grass or hardcourt in his prime as Nadal receives serve from 15" behind the baseline. For a S&V'er, Pete would be all over the net snuffing out the returns. Maybe they should have some NetJets' exos to stage it. Am I underestimating Nadal return of serve against the best server in the game at his prime?

drwood
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Pete always said that he would have been "licking his chops" to play Nadal on grass or hardcourt in his prime as Nadal receives serve from 15" behind the baseline. For a S&V'er, Pete would be all over the net snuffing out the returns. Maybe they should have some NetJets' exos to stage it. Am I underestimating Nadal return of serve against the best server in the game at his prime?

No, Pete would have owned Nadal on fast surfaces, just like Nadal would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Lendl would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Agassi owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Haarhuis owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Delpo would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Hewitt would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Safin would have owned Pete on slow surfaces.

West Coast Ace
09-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Don't the Sampras jock sniffers have anything better to do with their time? Like go work on their tennis game or fitness? I see a trend: Fed loses a match and they come out of the woodwork with their 'Pete this, Pete that' threads. Funny and sad....

alfa164164
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I too would put money on a prime Sampras over Nadal at Wimbledon (on the fast grass) or a fast hardcourt. I would take that money though and turn around and put it on Nadal over Sampras on clay or any slow surface.

Wondertoy
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Who cares about clay?

AAAA
09-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Who cares about clay?

Some Sampras fans, the most vocal ones, always liked to point out Federer's lack of a FO title as a big deal. It was a big talking point for them until this year when Fed put the knock to rest permanently.

alfa164164
09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Well, once you step outside of the US, virtually everyone!

RCizzle65
09-18-2009, 10:22 AM
No, Pete would have owned Nadal on fast surfaces, just like Nadal would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Lendl would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Agassi owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Haarhuis owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Delpo would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Hewitt would have owned Pete on slow surfaces, or Safin would have owned Pete on slow surfaces.

Safin owned Sampras at the US Open on a fast surface one time :P

Breaker
09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/yawn.jpg

Nadalfan89
09-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Nadal has the best passing shots on tour, not to mention a solid return.

Nadal wins on Wimbledon grass in 2009 but Sampras wins on Wimbledon grass 1995.

Baikalic
09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Who cares about clay?

Who cares about your thread? Sampras and Nadal will never play each other.

Mkie7
09-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Hmmm.... feelin' a lil' sorry for you. :)

Ledigs
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Clay is a very important surface in tennis. It's not Nadal's fault he grew up on clay.

If he had grown up on hard court he would have been the top at that surface.

darthpwner
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Agreed Sampras would school Nadal on grass

FD3S
09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Let's be fair; Sampras would own a lot of people on fast surfaces.

Emelia21
09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Who cares about clay?

Federer cares about clay :) Federer fans didn't like clay but now he has won on it clay counts :)

MizunoMX20
09-18-2009, 03:57 PM

First you start a thread called ''Sampras would have beaten Federer at their primes (on fast surfaces)'', now you've made a thread called ''Sampras would have owned Nadal on Fast surfaces!''. Who's next? Del Potro? Santoro? Stepanek? Try something new. Keeps your brain cells active.

Chadwixx
09-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Pete always said that he would have been "licking his chops" to play Nadal on grass or hardcourt in his prime as Nadal receives serve from 15" behind the baseline.

You lost all credibility. Do you even know who nadal is? He doesnt stand 15 inches aways from the baseline to return...

tudwell
09-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Nadal would have owned Pete's backhand.

trix123
09-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Nadal would have owned Pete on clay tho.....