PDA

View Full Version : Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort

AutoXer
09-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I was there from Sept. 7 - the 11th. I can't say how much I enjoyed the trip. The resort was very nice and the staff were well above average. The local area had a good bit of stuff to do and great places to eat.

On to the fun stuff, The Litchfield Racquet Club. The Har-Tru courts and surroundings were immaculately maintained. Very friendly and helpful staff. The local members of the club were very nice and gracious. I played several doubles round robins and didn't meet anyone who wasn't friendly.

They have 2 club pros for instruction, My girlfriend(no athletic background and playing less than 6 months) got 2 1 hour lessons and took an hour long stroke of the day clinic. Jose "Joe" Oyoco was her instructor. One the best instructors i've ever seen with beginners. Very patient, explains things in a way they can understand, excellant teaching methods. He was able to teach her the basics of forehand, backhand, and serve in 3 hours. I have been helping her practice and she is rapidly improving. Joe is also a great instructor for intermediate and advanced player also. Best personality of anyone i've meet in a long time.

The value of everything you get with the tennis package and the quality of people like Joe, make the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort well worth the trip. We will be returning.

Thanks Joe!!!!!!

Joey

Il Mostro
09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Online reviews are also very complementary. We seriously considered Litchfield before settling on TOPS'L last year. The low-key ambience and no over-development in the immediate area are very appealing. Thanks for a nice review.