PDA

View Full Version : Fed Fan: I've come around on Nadal...and like him.

Wondertoy
09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
When he first came on the seen I had little respect for him. I thought his game was an ugly grinding game with severe topspin to outlast anyone on the clay. His unseemly contorted strokes, his picking his *** on the capri pants, his outsized muscles in his wife beater undershirts, his admission that he didn't spend time lifting weights (how did he get those biceps?, all added up to an inferior athlete against the natural talent and artistry of Federer. I disliked him from keeping the French trophy away from my favorite player, Federer. Now after a few years, I have to admit, I love watching Nadal play. First I like his approach to the game, playing every point like it's a match point. I saw him on the practice courts a few years ago at the US Open. He gave 110% chasing balls, hitting ferociously, and he was a very good volleyer, great hands. Then I see him improve every element of his game, his serve, his backhand, his volleys. He is the ultimate competitor and comes out like a fighter dancing and prancing during the coin toss. What I like best about Nadal is his sportsmanship. He never has an excuse for losing, always commends his opponents, didn't even mind when that spectator came out and hugged and kissed him! He said it was alright, no? Always taking the time for autographs. He's genuine and an ambassador to the game. Nowadays at the US Open, he's the one player I look forward most to seeing play live, even more than Federer.

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I have lost 70% of my respect for Nadal after his behavior in the interviews since his return.

Ledigs
09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I have lost 70% of my respect for Nadal after his behavior in the interviews since his return.

Why? What did he say?

big bang
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
a Nadal-thread and the first 2 replies is from *******s, we seem to have sooo many haters on this site:)
what I like about Rafa is his will and fighterinstinct, he´s like a pitbull and never surrenders untill the final point has been played. after that he is calm and nice.
its just a killerinstinct he was born with and nothing you can learn.. he simply wprkes harder than anyone on court and I respect that a lot more than someone who was gifted with talent as Fed.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
. he simply wprkes harder than anyone on court and I respect that a lot more than someone who was gifted with talent as Fed.

And still only got 6 games vs DelPo...

namelessone
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM

How did you come up with that percentage?

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
How did you come up with that percentage?

I gained some respect for him back after reading the nice things Gasquet said about him, so to sum it up I reached 70%.

Cesc Fabregas
09-18-2009, 01:18 PM

I lost 70% of respect for you when you said Gasquet is more talented than Nadal.

big bang
09-18-2009, 01:19 PM

I guess you think he faked his injury again:)

big bang
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Great. Another hater. Why do you watch tennis? Do you watch to see players win or do you want certain players to lose? To quote Tony: "Wanting someone to lose is a slightly conceited way of amusing yourself. They show the stupidity of people who think themselves superior.”
Nadal is a faker? Based on what? Conspiracy theories? Guess the tendinitis problems that have sidelined him for quite a few months in these previous years are nothing. I bet his abdominal tear,which has sidelined him for a month,is also fake. And what does butt-picking have to do with tennis? It's OCD,plain and simple. If you don't like Nadal don't watch him . It's the exact attitude of people complaining about bad TV but they still watch it even though the remote is in their hands and they can switch the TV off or change channel.

So you say that Nadal is a faker,time-delayer,butt-picker and that his game is boring. Why do you watch his matches if you don't take any pleasure from them? Are you some kind of masochist?

the *******s are just crying over Rafa spanking their hero over and over again, nothing else.. they saw Fed crying at AO and now they all do it:)

Baikalic
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM

This has nothing to do with your dislike of Nadal, really. Unless you enjoy watching demolitions.

namelessone
09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I lost 70% of respect for you when you said Gasquet is more talented than Nadal.

:):):)

Who in their right mind thinks that Gasquet is more talented than Nadal? Talented at what? Not at tennis that's for sure. Gasquet has been hyped by the "one-hander club" elitists who,for a while,thought that just because he had a beautiful backhand he would be the next Federer.

The only thing Gasquet does better than Rafa is to have a more aesthetic backhand but that's about it. Ok,I'll throw in the serve but that doesn't mean anything seeing how Rafa's serve is non-existent. Nadal has a much better forehand,a more consistent BH,way better movement and mental toughness(gasquet on the other hand is a mental midget).
Being flashier doesn't make you more talented. I know at least half a dozen guys who are great when dribling or doing football(soccer) tricks but when you put them on a real field against real opponents they choke like hell. Same with gasquet. He is flashy but incosistent when it comes to the big guys. Talented but he has pretty much wasted his potential.

To be a good tennis player you need to be consistent first. If you can reach a level of regularity in your game,then you can put on a show. Federer is the best example for this.

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM

Thats almost as funny as the 4 games fed took from nadal on that glorious day

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
This has nothing to do with your dislike of Nadal, really. Unless you enjoy watching demolitions.
I do, when Nadal is the victim!

Chadwixx
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Thats almost as funny as the 4 games fed took from nadal on that glorious day

A pusher on steroids is very hard to beat on a slow surface :)

Polvorin
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I like Nadal as long as he isn't winning against Federer!

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 01:56 PM

Thats a nice theory but slightly off topic as the thread is about nadal not some imaginary player in your head.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I agree, good post

aphex
09-18-2009, 01:59 PM
a Nadal-thread and the first 2 replies is from *******s, we seem to have sooo many haters on this site:)
what I like about Rafa is his will and fighterinstinct, he´s like a pitbull and never surrenders untill the final point has been played. after that he is calm and nice.
its just a killerinstinct he was born with and nothing you can learn.. he simply wprkes harder than anyone on court and I respect that a lot more than someone who was gifted with talent as Fed.

says the guy who joined last month...pffffff

namelessone
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I like Nadal as long as he isn't winning against Federer!

One of the most honest answers in this thread. Nadal wouldn't be as hated around here if he didn't beat Fed though not many will admit to this. If he would have been one of the other gazillion guys which Fed whips regularly he would have been liked a lot more.

aphex
09-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I understand your thoughts , and i respect them, but i totally disagree, Nadal is imo a flash-*******, a faker, time-delayer, butt-picker and there is nothing in his game that makes me go! I was so happy when Del Potro totally demolished him.

welcome back magician!

i agree and don't forget the deplorable VAMOSing, the hateful looks across the net, the pathetic intimidation in the locker room.

the DELPO match was the most enjoyable BEATDOWN i've evr seen (after the Sod one)...

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
welcome back magician!

i agree and don't forget the deplorable VAMOSing, the hateful looks across the net, the pathetic intimidation in the locker room.

the DELPO match was the most enjoyable BEATDOWN i've evr seen (after the Sod one)...

Speaking of hate. How is the muslim hating working out for you?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
welcome back magician!

Thanx man! :)
I agree, was a beauty too watch!

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
says the guy who joined last month...pffffff

WTF does that have to do with anything?? you do know that september does´nt come after july right??? back to school, thats where you are going!

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 02:09 PM
WTF does that have to do with anything??

Best to ignore that poster. He seems to be under the misguided impression that his longer standing membership equates to respectability.

namelessone
09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
welcome back magician!

:):):)

Tell me you don't believe what you just wrote. Vamosing? You mean like players who do "come on" 's? What's wrong about that? It's not like he does them on every point,just big points. Hateful looks? Some guys are just concentrated and that's the how their face looks when they focus. They can't smile just because you want them to.

Intimidation in the locker room?
If you are a tennis player and you get intimidated by your opponent sprinting around or jumping at the net,then I suggest 2 things: first grow a pair and then get out of this sport. Who the hell would be intimidated by Nadal's warmup routine? Perhaps young players or guys who are very low ranked and have never seen a big player before. The top guys have learned that this is a part of his routine and accept it,only some fickle people ***** about it.

aphex
09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Best to ignore that poster. He seems to be under the misguided impression that his longer standing membership equates to respectability.

says the poster who became so ridiculed due to her pathetic, weak posts that she had to come back with a different username...VERONIQUEM

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM

ohh he sure deserves respect, even if he cant name and count the months:)
bet he knows alot about tennis..

aphex
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
WTF does that have to do with anything?? you do know that september does´nt come after july right??? back to school, thats where you are going!

you know what a figure of speech is? back to school muppet.

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 02:14 PM

I truly don't care about your respect for me. Lose all 100% for all I care...

Ledigs
welcome back magician!

Makes no sense. Vamos means "let's go!" or "come on!"

Plenty of players say those things. What intimidation in the locker room?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
bet he knows alot about tennis..
He does, and that is something u Danish cant be blamed for!

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 02:18 PM
says the poster who became so ridiculed due to her pathetic, weak posts that she had to come back with a different username...VERONIQUEM

Uh huh....
Like i said big bang, its best to ignore this tool. There are one or 2 pathetic haters of feds main conquerer, leave them to their sad obsession is the best thing to do

aphex
09-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Makes no sense. Vamos means "let's go!" or "come on!"

Plenty of players say those things. What intimidation in the locker room?

yes, but not while staring at your opponent trying to intimidate him...and not at every other point!

look at federer...when he says come on, he says it to himself...

it is a well known fact that nadal tries to intimidate opponents in the locker room prior to a match...

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 02:21 PM
One of the most honest answers in this thread. Nadal wouldn't be as hated around here if he didn't beat Fed though not many will admit to this. If he would have been one of the other gazillion guys which Fed whips regularly he would have been liked a lot more.

Sorry, but who are you to judge which answer is honset and which isn't? Based on what you like?

The truth is I had a lot of respect for Nadal, always thought of him as a great role model for young tennis players, thought he was a great champion. Yes, he had his issues, but so does Fed, Murray, etc. They all have their issues. I never liked Nadal's game, it was never appealing to me, but I always appreciated what a great player and a great champion he is. Don't believe me? Go back a few months in this very board and read some comments of mine about Nadal.

Lately I lost some respect to him, you know why, we already discussed this to death and never agreed on the subject. I didn't like what Nadal said in plenty of the interviews, and for now it remains the same. Doesn't mean I hate the guy - hardly, I can't hate a person I don't even know. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I was disappointed by him a few times lately, that's all.

I'm sure you'll disagree with just about everything I write here, but this is MY honest answer.

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:22 PM
He does, and that is something u Danish cant be blamed for!

what do you know Mr. "I like to kiss Federer´s A-hole". team up with your Greek friend and eat som kjottbollar og tzatziki and leave the tennis to us adults:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
what do you know Mr. "I like to kiss Federer´s A-hole". team up with your Greek friend and eat som kjottbollar og tzatziki and leave the tennis to us adults:)
Yeah touchè man! Go smoke some cannabis, fight, drink beer and take ur ugly women with you.

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Sorry, but who are you to judge which answer is honset and which isn't? Based on what you like?

The truth is I had a lot of respect for Nadal, always thought of him as a great role model for young tennis players, thought he was a great champion. Yes, he had his issues, but so does Fed, Murray, etc. They all have their issues. I never liked Nadal's game, it was never appealing to me, but I always appreciated what a great player and a great champion he is. Don't believe me? Go back a few months in this very board and read some comments of mine about Nadal.

Lately I lost some respect to him, you know why, we already discussed this to death and never agreed on the subject. I didn't like what Nadal said in plenty of the interviews, and for now it remains the same. Doesn't mean I hate the guy - hardly, I can't hate a person I don't even know. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I was disappointed by him a few times lately, that's all.

I'm sure you'll disagree with just about everything I write here, but this is MY honest answer.

nice and honest post, respect

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Btw, Danish ppl knows NOTHING about tennis, carlsberg and röööe pölser is ur thing, not tennis.

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah touchè man! Go smoke some cannabis, fight, drink beer and take ur ugly women with you.

Its way past your bedtime, hurry or mama will ground you:)

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Loutish fed fans derailing threads again spewing hatred against anyone who is a threat to their idol. Feds thugish behaviour towards umpires obviously leaving an impression on some of his worshipers.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Its way past your bedtime, hurry or mama will ground you:)Yeah, touchè!

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Btw, Danish ppl knows NOTHING about tennis, carlsberg and röööe pölser is ur thing, not tennis.

hmm bet thats why we have the currant number 5 on WTA?? whats your highest ranked player?

i_need_rice
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I use to hate Nadal also but after watching more and more I started to like Nadal. While I don't like his strokes, and serves, he puts all his effort into it. He works harder than anyone in the ATP.

Being new here, I noticed there are sooo many people who like Fed. Every time I see a topic with "Who has the best...stroke / serve / etc" Federer has like 40 votes and everyone else has less than 5. =/ What is up with this?

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Loutish fed fans derailing threads again spewing hatred against anyone who is a threat to their idol. Feds thugish behaviour towards umpires obviously leaving an impression on some of his worshipers.

you are right, why waste time on these ignorant kids..

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I use to hate Nadal also but after watching more and more I started to like Nadal. While I don't like his strokes, and serves, he puts all his effort into it. He works harder than anyone in the ATP.

Being new here, I noticed there are sooo many people who like Fed. Every time I see a topic with "Who has the best...stroke / serve / etc" Federer has like 40 votes and everyone else has less than 5. =/ What is up with this?

obsessed *******s thats whats up..

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:34 PM
hmm bet thats why we have the currant number 5 on WTA?? whats your highest ranked player?
WTA is not even tennis, WTA is the tour of chokers and screamers and tantrums.
LOL!!!!! AND THERE was your mistake! Caroline has had a Swedish coach for 6 years u jackass!

Cesc Fabregas
09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I truly don't care about your respect for me. Lose all 100% for all I care...

Is it because I own you on every single argument? Or is it because I like Sampras and Nadal?

~ZoSo~
09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
obsessed *******s thats whats up..

Fed would beat usain bolt in 100m sprint if you did a poll here.

namelessone
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM

I'm not judging anybody but I have read enough of these boards to see that some Fed fans find excuses to ***** about every little thing Nadal says or does,especially since he started to go up in the rankings and especially since he beat Fed a few times. At first it was "he is just a claycourter". Then he made it in grass. Then it was "they slowed the grass down,he'll never win on HC"(ignoring the fact that Fed won his WB's on slow grass). Then he won HC slam and their answer was that Fed gave the match away.

But I digress. Most of the reasons these people give for hating Nadal are childish,like the fact that he has greasy hair(does he?),he tuggs his back area,he looks mean on court(stares down at his opponents),jumping around before the match(who the hell gets intimidated by that?),adjusting bottles,fist pumping,isn't opinionated enough(though they ***** when he says what he feels about his game on a particular day,doping,the calendar etc) and so on. I can understand the fact that some find his game boring,that they don't like the time-wasting etc. Those are related to tennis. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the guys who pick on Nadal's appearance/on-court and off-court demeanour are usually Fed fans or fanatics should I say. That it why I said that Polvorin's response seemed like the most honest one. If you like player x and player y beats him and you are a fanatic of player x you will usually find things to hate about player y,even little meaningless things. Same goes for Nadal fans who are on the Fed is arrogant/gay/is ugly/has a fat wife bandwagon. They hate Fed though most of them won't admit it,probably because Fed's domination made tennis boring for them.

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
WTA is not even tennis, WTA is the tour of chokers and screamers and tantrums.
LOL!!!!! AND THERE was your mistake! Caroline has had a Swedish coach for 6 years u jackass!

oh I forgot the only human who plays tennis is Fed.. oh sorry forgot he´s not human, it says so in the Fed-bible:lol:
Caroline have been working with a swedish coach and so what?? she is coached by her father and works with several Danish coaches as well..

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Is it because I own you on every single argument? Or is it because I like Sampras and Nadal?

keep dreaming buddy.

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
he sure would, he could walk on water too if you made that poll:)

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I can only refer to my own comments, not Fed fans in general:

I'm not judging anybody but I have read enough of these boards to see that some Fed fans find excuses to ***** about every little thing Nadal says or does,especially since he started to go up in the rankings and especially since he beat Fed a few times. At first it was "he is just a claycourter" (I never said that). Then he made it in grass. Then it was "they slowed the grass down,he'll never win on HC"(ignoring the fact that Fed won his WB's on slow grass) (I have stated a number of times that Nadal is an excellent hard courter. It's his worst surface but he's still better than most of the tour on it). Then he won HC slam and their answer was that Fed gave the match away. (Well, I do think Fed was the better player for four sets, but Nadal outlasted him mentally, and that's what counts at the end)

But I digress. Most of the reasons these people give for hating Nadal are childish,like the fact that he has greasy hair(does he?) (I don't recall ever talking about Nadal's hair),he tuggs his back area,he looks mean on court(stares down at his opponents) (Well, there are some recent reports that Nadal scares the opponents),jumping around before the match(who the hell gets intimidated by that?),adjusting bottles,fist pumping (It was annoying when he did it after unforced errors all the time, he tuned it down over the years),isn't opinionated enough(though they ***** when he says what he feels about his game on a particular day,doping,the calendar etc) and so on (Like I said, Nadal seemed to me like a loser in some of those interviews. I will gladly gain respect back for him when he stops being like that). I can understand the fact that some find his game boring,that they don't like the time-wasting etc. Those are related to tennis. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the guys who pick on Nadal's appearance/on-court and off-court demeanour are usually Fed fans or fanatics should I say. That it why I said that Polvorin's response seemed like the most honest one. If you like player x and player y beats him and you are a fanatic of player (I'm hardly a Federer fanatic, watch my comments in the "Is fed a poor sportsman?" thread about his comments to Jankovic) x you will usually find things to hate about player y,even little meaningless things. Same goes for Nadal fans who are on the Fed is arrogant/gay/is ugly/has a fat wife bandwagon. They hate Fed though most of them won't admit it,probably because Fed's domination made tennis boring for them.

$$$$mony$$$$
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM

why would you personally ridicule so many people over the internet aphex? dont got the nuts to do it in the real world?

$$$$mony$$$$
09-18-2009, 03:35 PM

guess you don't smoke pot you stupid swede. that place was pathetically alcoholic i noticed when i visited there. don't make fun of pot when Scandinavia has a few of the country's with the highest alcohol/depression rates. alcohol kills pot makes you hungry and don't make fun of a country for smoking pot in a tennis forum. doesn't make any sense.

btw i didn't come up with those facts my friend from finland did...liinus

tudwell
09-18-2009, 04:11 PM
One thing I like about Nadal matches: I always have time between points (sometimes between first and second serves) to run to the bathroom, grab a snack from the kitchen, vacuum the living room, etc. without fear of missing any tennis.

bigserver
09-18-2009, 04:29 PM
i love how a thread about a guy saying how his opinion of a player has changed over time is then turned into a group of ignorant socalled fans saying how they think he is sh*t. It makes no sense just shows that the do not fully appreciate how tennis is a diverse sport which includes many different styles of play and differing characters. I was actually made to laugh by seeing Nadal described as a pusher. No matter how much you trained you could never accomplish what he has so quit sticking fed's **** in your mouth and just appreciate nadal for the athlete and player he is or f*ck off

luckyboy1300
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
When he first came on the seen I had little respect for him. I thought his game was an ugly grinding game with severe topspin to outlast anyone on the clay. His unseemly contorted strokes, his picking his *** on the capri pants, his outsized muscles in his wife beater undershirts, his admission that he didn't spend time lifting weights (how did he get those biceps?, all added up to an inferior athlete against the natural talent and artistry of Federer. I disliked him from keeping the French trophy away from my favorite player, Federer. Now after a few years, I have to admit, I love watching Nadal play. First I like his approach to the game, playing every point like it's a match point. I saw him on the practice courts a few years ago at the US Open. He gave 110% chasing balls, hitting ferociously, and he was a very good volleyer, great hands. Then I see him improve every element of his game, his serve, his backhand, his volleys. He is the ultimate competitor and comes out like a fighter dancing and prancing during the coin toss. What I like best about Nadal is his sportsmanship. He never has an excuse for losing, always commends his opponents, didn't even mind when that spectator came out and hugged and kissed him! He said it was alright, no? Always taking the time for autographs. He's genuine and an ambassador to the game. Nowadays at the US Open, he's the one player I look forward most to seeing play live, even more than Federer.

you're not fooling everyone dude. that's the last thing on earth you'd want to be.

borg number one
09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by ~ZoSo~ View Post
Zoso that is awesome! Lol...So true...I love your handle by the way!!! It takes a Led Zeppelin Fan to recognize it and Led Zep 4 is perhaps my favorite album of all time.

By the way, see this cite from AAAA:

I recall that this is true. Pretty impressive indeed.

AAAA-
"Borg once appeared in a programme called Superstars (see Google if you need to) and beat an olympic 110m hurdler over 100m on a running track from a standing start with trainers not running spikes, the hurdler used spikes and a proper sprint start but still lost It's fair to say Borg was extremely fast in the sprint and with a resting heart-rate stated to be 30 bpm in his prime I'd say he was capable of running way above average times in longer distance races as well, he had the aerobic capacity to do so."

By the way

Baikalic
09-18-2009, 05:54 PM
why would you personally ridicule so many people over the internet aphex? dont got the nuts to do it in the real world?

beware the internet bully. the internet is a convenient place to lash out anonymously.

aphex
09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Its way past your bedtime, hurry or mama will ground you:)

hey, you muppet, you.

have some respect. the magician would buttrape you each and every time on a tennis court.

so, pay attention and stfu.

aphex
09-18-2009, 06:50 PM

it's fun!

and yes, i do.

muppet.

UsualSuspect
09-18-2009, 07:05 PM
You have never owned a soul in an argument on this forum. P Agony maybe a huge Federer fan but he doesnt go into threads and spew useless and simplistic crap like you. Also more than a "Nadal fan" you are a federer hater. You blew your cover months ago buddy.

UsualSuspect
09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
LOlz. There have been funny polls in which people jokingly voted for Santoro as the GOAT over Fed, Sampras, and Borg. It is all good fun but *******s take stuff to seriously. Which is hilarious considering the fact that *******s are soo ridiclous that according to them Nadal has never lost a match at 100 % ( a feat he has never achieved) and he is in the GOAT discussion with only 6 slams. :lol: *******s can be just as nasty and lame as *******s yet they love pointing fingers and act like they are being discriminated against. My ***. :roll:

Omega_7000
09-18-2009, 07:19 PM

I didn't lose any respect for you because I didn't have any to begin with.

aphex
09-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I didn't lose any respect for you because I didn't have any to begin with.

haha does anyone? his purpose is to be ridiculed.

Sentinel
09-18-2009, 07:56 PM
A year ago I admitted I'd come to admire Nadal, maybe not for his overall style but for the person he is, and some of his great passing shots and winners, his tenacity, consistency throughout the year etc.

I was hounded by certain bigoted self-appointed custodians of Federer-fandom as a traitor and bandwagon-hopper. Being a fan of Tsonga, Wawrinka, Davydenko and many others was fine, but Nadal --- just not acceptable to the fan-police/ TW Pope.

Anyway, he's a great guy, and great for tennis.

One thing I like about Nadal matches: I always have time between points (sometimes between first and second serves) to run to the bathroom, grab a snack from the kitchen, vacuum the living room, etc. without fear of missing any tennis.
vacuum the living room... by that part i was ack LOL'ing :-D

OTMPut
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM

you, sir, must be living in an one bed room flat at mid-levels in hong kong.

Baikalic
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
A year ago I admitted I'd come to admire Nadal, maybe not for his overall style but for the person he is, and some of his great passing shots and winners, his tenacity, consistency throughout the year etc.

I was hounded by certain bigoted self-appointed custodians of Federer-fandom as a traitor and bandwagon-hopper. Being a fan of Tsonga, Wawrinka, Davydenko and many others was fine, but Nadal --- just not acceptable to the fan-police/ TW Pope.

Anyway, he's a great guy, and great for tennis.

vacuum the living room... by that part i was ack LOL'ing :-D

+1000 for this.

rafan
09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I have always been a fan of Nadal and always will be. However if anyone thinks he is what we see hyped about him both good and bad then they should learn that the wheels of public relations are geared to what people want to hear. Now we learn that Federer isn't sweetness and light and you know what? I like and respect him much more that that somewhat pseudo saint he has been portrayed as. These people are amazing the way they keep their composure and give us the very best in sport time after time.

ceberus
09-18-2009, 09:47 PM
You *******s don't like him because this is a guy who can reduce Federer to tears and **** him on all surfaces.

my_forehand
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM

I really like how you guys are insulting each others countries because of differences in likes.

I really can't believe TMoP is so blinded with love for a man he's never, and will never, meet that he would insult a country and their people. :???:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I really like how you guys are insulting each others countries because of differences in likes.

I really can't believe TMoP is so blinded with love for a man he's never, and will never, meet that he would insult a country and their people. :???:
He started insulting where I am from, and he is NOT in a position too do so.
I should have just let it be i know, but sometimes one has got too respond too stupidity. Telling someone too go smoke some cannabis, drink some beer and eat some röe pölser (red hotdogs) is not that BAD of insults,is it?
Btw, i have met Federer, and ive talked too his former coach Peter Lundgren (who also happens to be Swedish) a couple of times

my_forehand
09-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I should have just let it be i know, but sometimes one has got too respond too stupidity. Telling someone too go smoke some cannabis, drink some beer and eat some röe pölser (red hotdogs) is not that BAD of insults,is it?
Btw, i have met Federer, and ive talked too his former coach Peter Lundgren (who also happens to be Swedish) a couple of times

You forgot to mention the ugly women.

And we can all make our claims about what we've done and whatnot - it's the internet after all.

grafselesfan
09-19-2009, 12:08 AM

P_Agony is a decent poster but I will never remotedly understand that particular statement.

mandy01
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
P_Agony is a decent poster but I will never remotedly understand that particular statement. I think he spoke of natural talent.Gasquet had a beautiful game.Unfortunately for him,he never got around to know what to do with it.
Nadal is talented in a different way.Lets fact it Nadal's game when he first came was tailored to mainly suit clay courts.The fact that he is now an all -surface player is a testament to his will and a sheer credit to his work ethic-Neither of which Gasquet ever had.

Cesc Fabregas
09-19-2009, 12:36 AM
I think he spoke of natural talent.Gasquet had a beautiful game.Unfortunately for him,he never got around to know what to do with it.
Nadal is talented in a different way.Lets fact it Nadal's game when he first came was tailored to mainly suit clay courts.The fact that he is now an all -surface player is a testament to his will and a sheer credit to his work ethic-Neither of which Gasquet ever had.

Nope. Nadal is just far more talented than Gasquet, little to do with work ethic.

namelessone
09-19-2009, 12:47 AM
I think he spoke of natural talent.Gasquet had a beautiful game.Unfortunately for him,he never got around to know what to do with it.

Again,Nadal is naturally more talented than Gasquet in most departments. Gasquet has a flashy one-handed backhand(one of the best in the game) and some decent volleys. That's it. Nadal beats him everywhere else and for me even his BH is more consistent. But Nadal doesn't have flashy game so he ranks lower in the yes of the elitists,the "defenders" of "true tennis".
Because Rafa is a counter-puncher his natural talent doesn't seem as big but he is one of the most talented players of this decade. We are talking about a guy who won his first ATP match at 14 years 10 months,who was in the top50 by age 16,the youngest guy since becker in 1984 to make 3rd round of wimbledon(it was in 2003),not to mention the fact that he helped Spain win the DC when he was 18 by defeating Roddick(an unlikely victory at the time),the world nr.2 at the time. Not to mention the fact that he beat Roger in 2004 on HC. So we have a guy that beat the nr.1 and nr.2 of the world when he was 18. If that doesn't say talent I don't know what does.

Cesc Fabregas
09-19-2009, 12:49 AM
P_Agony is a decent poster but I will never remotedly understand that particular statement.

He's ok...but he makes weird statements like "Federer has the best serve in the game" and Nadal is the least talented player in the top 10".

big bang
09-19-2009, 01:25 AM

Who are you trying to fool besides yourself??
you are the one who started the insults and not me.. let me refresh your memory:)

big bang
09-19-2009, 01:28 AM

post #39....

big bang
09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bang
hmm funny he did´nt play untill the HC season then? maybe he just wanted to stay home eating paella with his friends instead of defending his title at wimbledon or maybe he was just playing nintendo with uncle Tony LMAO

originally posted by guess who??
Denmark,Copenhagen ...have u been smoking ur daily doze of cannabis? OR MAYBE it was to get his illegal substances out of his body!?

Thats where you started it!!http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=288969

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bang
hmm funny he did´nt play untill the HC season then? maybe he just wanted to stay home eating paella with his friends instead of defending his title at wimbledon or maybe he was just playing nintendo with uncle Tony LMAO

originally posted by guess who??
Denmark,Copenhagen ...have u been smoking ur daily doze of cannabis? OR MAYBE it was to get his illegal substances out of his body!?

Thats where you started it!!http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=288969
Alright, you might be right about that one. Great for u.

P_Agony
09-19-2009, 01:51 AM
He's ok...but he makes weird statements like "Federer has the best serve in the game" and Nadal is the least talented player in the top 10".

Never said any of those statments. Stop twisting.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Never said any of those statments. Stop twisting.
Well, IF you said so, its not very far from the truth anyway imo!

Polvorin
09-19-2009, 01:56 AM

I'd rank him #2 behind Karlovic, whose serves come in from the stratosphere.

P_Agony
09-19-2009, 02:13 AM

We have talked about it several times. I think Gasquet has more of a natural talent than Nadal, but that hardly counts for anything. I think Gasquet has better touch for tennis, better hands at the net for example. Nadal is like a very consistent machine where Gasquet is more like an artist - a lot less consistent, but with the higher potential. This is how I see the defintion of natural talent. Some people see it in a totally different way, and in that case, they may be right. By my defintion of talent, I think Gasuqet is more talented than Nadal. I also think it means just about squat.

A tennis player is built upon a few things: Consistency, footwork and movement, mental game, technique, fitness, and less importnantly, natural talent. The natural talent is the basic stuff that you have to develop, and then it becomes the least important part. Nadal is more developed as a player than Gasquet. He's a player who made the most of his potential, even if it was lower. He worked harder, he believed, he is stronger mentally, which helped him in all the other departments.

I believe natural player is about 5%-10% of what makes a tennis player. It is way overrated, but it does show up at times on special points during a match.

P_Agony
09-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, IF you said so, its not very far from the truth anyway imo!

I said Federer has the best serve today, not in the game. I clearly said Sampras had a slight edge.

The-Champ
09-19-2009, 04:42 AM
I said Federer has the best serve today, not in the game. I clearly said Sampras had a slight edge.

I think, Sampras has more than just a "slight" edge in that department.

mandy01
09-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Nope. Nadal is just far more talented than Gasquet, little to do with work ethic.
Again,you dont get me.Nadal and Gasquet have different styles of games .Look this is pretty subjective-How do you define talent?Thats what it all depends on.
Nadal's talent lies in his speed-something IMO he's been blessed with as also the tenacity in his strokes.Gasquet's talent is probably in the beauty of his strokes(though it seems rather mangled these days).
You cannot define talent in a specific manner and its subjective.

Terr
09-19-2009, 05:47 AM
I see some things don't change. Nice to see *******s doing what they do best. :P

Cesc Fabregas
09-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Again,you dont get me.Nadal and Gasquet have different styles of games .Look this is pretty subjective-How do you define talent?Thats what it all depends on.
Nadal's talent lies in his speed-something IMO he's been blessed with as also the tenacity in his strokes.Gasquet's talent is probably in the beauty of his strokes(though it seems rather mangled these days).
You cannot define talent in a specific manner and its subjective.

You still don't make sence. Nadal has better groundstrokes than Gasquet, a million times better forehand and a better backhand.

mandy01
09-19-2009, 06:41 AM
You still don't make sence. Nadal has better groundstrokes than Gasquet, a million times better forehand and a better backhand.
better grounstrokes can come through practice.

drakulie
09-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Lets get back on back on topic>>>>>>>>

I like, nadal, however, don't like that he lied to everyone about an injury he never had in order to excuse himself from not being allowed to play Wimbledon.

jamesblakefan#1
09-19-2009, 07:17 AM

I like, nadal, however, don't like that he lied to everyone about an injury he never had in order to excuse himself from not being allowed to play Wimbledon.

Oh great this again....we should've known...:roll:

Find those articles yet drak?

P_Agony
09-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I think, Sampras has more than just a "slight" edge in that department.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I think they have a very similar, nearly identical serve. Sampras had a slight edge in the 2nd serve, but 1st serve is nearly identical (in pace, variety, placement, aces, etc.)

matchmaker
09-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Without Nadal tennis would have been a bore for the past 5 years.

Thank God he exists and brought a bit of competition in the field.

His mentality is amazing.

You may or may not like his style or persona but he made the game more exciting for the past half decade.

borg number one
09-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Well said Matchmaker. I think you are exactly right. Every great needs someone to push their level of play to new heights as they seek to make adjustments.

Serve_Ace
09-19-2009, 08:50 AM
No Fed-fan has any respect for Nadal on this forum, because of his FANs. They can't comprehend logic, always make some excuse for Nadal, and basically try to live their life through Nadal because they can never achieve anything remotely close to anything.

borg number one
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Serve Ace, I agree with you. I like both Nadal and Federer, but relate more to Nadal's game perhaps. I do think that Federer has grown somewhat a sense of "entitlement" in the way of GS titles though, and has difficulty accepting that Nadal has caught up with him. Hey, Borg experienced some of that as well, when McEnroe was a good fit for his game, coinciding with the fact that he had been going non-stop to the top, and then was at the top for about 10 years, with week in, week out tournaments. Nadal, in my book is a great sportsman, and so is Federer actually. They are much better at taking losses than say Connors and McEnroe were.

Borg is in his own league as far as being a good sportsman on the Court. He has no equal in the Open Era, in that respect. I agree with the last post though. There are some Nadal fans that are as bad as certain Federer fans. Rivalries do bring out great passion, but let's keep the discourse civil.

zagor
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM
No Fed-fan has any respect for Nadal on this forum, because of his FANs. They can't comprehend logic, always make some excuse for Nadal, and basically try to live their life through Nadal because they can never achieve anything remotely close to anything.

That would be stupid.I don't have much respect for many Nadal fans on this forum but Nadal is in no way or shape responsible or in any way related to what his fans post here,same goes for Fed or any other player.Why on earth should you form an opinion of Nadal based on what his fans say,it makes no sense.

I respect Nadal because of his accomplishments,game,fighting spirit etc. Not really his fan(there are many players I like more)but I do think he's good for the game,no question about it in my mind.

OddJack
09-19-2009, 11:59 AM
That would be stupid.I don't have much respect for many Nadal fans on this forum but Nadal is in no way or shape responsible or in any way related to what his fans post here,same goes for Fed or any other player.Why on earth should you form an opinion of Nadal based on what his fans say,it makes no sense.

I respect Nadal because of his accomplishments,game,fighting spirit etc. Not really his fan(there are many players I like more)but I do think he's good for the game,no question about it in my mind.

Good post.

I respect Nadal for the same reasons but don't really understand OP's point here. He was a Fed fan, now he appreciates Nadal more. He has to ask himself why he was a Fed fan in the first place. Now that Nadal's style has destroyed his body he is suddenly a fan. I think he's trying to be cute.

Nadalfan89
09-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Just disregard the *******s. They're just mad because the buttpicker, steroid abusing, time wasting, false-modest, wierd forehand, big muscle, injury prone, english butcherer excuse maker beats Federer on a regular basis.

$$$$mony$$$$
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM

you got proof?

Tennis_Maestro
09-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Great another generic, boring Fed v Nadal fan rioting thread.

The opening post should have thought twice.

Ledigs
09-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Nadal made the semis of his first slam back, which was his best record to date at the USOpen before 2009. I think he's doing well no? :)