PDA

View Full Version : Nadal vs Del Potro -- Clay 2010

bdawg
09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I know it's far too soon to give an informed prediction, but the question is intriguing. Given Del Potro's convincing win over Nadal at the USO, could their matches on clay be close?

Suppose they play five matches in '10 , what would be their head to head?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I know it's far too soon to give an informed prediction, but the question is intriguing. Given Del Potro's convincing win over Nadal at the USO, could their matches on clay be close?

Del Potro will start too beat Nadal on clay in 2010, DelPo has an even bigger game than Soderling, and we all saw what Soderling did to time-delayer in FO. 3-2 Del Po

Cesc Fabregas
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Del Potro will start too beat Nadal on clay in 2010, DelPo has an even bigger game than Soderling, and we all saw what Soderling did to time-delayer in FO. 3-2 Del Po

Soderling beat injured Rafa, uninjured Rafa destroyed him in Rome.

bdawg
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
while a 6-0. 6-1 scoreline is very lopsided, Soderling didn't play badly at all. He just lost all the big points in his service games.

P_Agony
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM

Wasn't Rafa "injured" since Monte Carlo? Oh wait I forgot, he's only injured when he's losing.

big bang
09-18-2009, 12:47 PM

wait and see:) *******s keep bringing this "what Soderling did to Nadal" BS up. And what "Fed did to him in Madrid" LOL
I have never seen Rafa play so bad and completely off form as he did against Soderling, so he did this to himself. In Madrid he played the longest 3 match in history against Djoko the day before:)
but again lets wait and see, if Rafa is fit nobody will beat him on clay next year.. the funny thing is that everyone knows it, but still its gonna be funny to ressurect threads like this:)

Ledigs
09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
while a 6-0. 6-1 scoreline is very lopsided, Soderling didn't play badly at all. He just lost all the big points in his service games.

Same for the Nadal/Del Potro match in USOPEN 09

bdawg
09-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Same for the Nadal/Del Potro match in USOPEN 09

I don't think Nadal played well against Delpo but that's my opinion. I am more interested about their future encounters on clay given how much Del Potro has improved.

bolo
09-18-2009, 12:59 PM

4-1 Nadal. JMDP's not going to do much better than federer versus the clay court goat.The fact is that you have to play a lot of defense on clay and that's not jmdp's forte. I expect that he is not going to reach as many FO finals as federer by the end of his career.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
He could give him a good fight in 2010. If Soderling could beat Nadal, DelPo has even more chance since he is even taller with bigger and more consistent shots.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Imo 2010 will be the last year that Nadal wins some big titles, then the youngguns are gonna start taking over with DelPo leading the pack just like the king did for 237 weeks.

lambielspins
09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I hope this SerbWhoLovesDelPo is not the infamous gj011 yet again.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
In Rome it was deuce in 11 out of 13 games, after that Rome- match Soderling and his coach totally changed tactics against Nadal.
No, he was not injured, an injured player doesnt run for his life for 4 hours!!

bolo
09-18-2009, 01:14 PM

What soderling did might work 1/10 (?) times verus nadal on clay. Good for soderman in the last FO but nadal will happily take the other 9 victories.

big bang
09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
In Rome it was deuce in 11 out of 13 games, after that Rome- match Soderling and his coach totally changed tactics against Nadal.
No, he was not injured, an injured player doesnt run for his life for 4 hours!!

hmm funny he did´nt play untill the HC season then? maybe he just wanted to stay home eating paella with his friends instead of defending his title at wimbledon or maybe he was just playing nintendo with uncle Tony LMAO

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
hmm funny he did´nt play untill the HC season then? maybe he just wanted to stay home eating paella with his friends instead of defending his title at wimbledon or maybe he was just playing nintendo with uncle Tony LMAO
Denmark,Copenhagen ...have u been smoking ur daily doze of cannabis? OR MAYBE it was to get his illegal substances out of his body!?

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
09-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I hope this SerbWhoLovesDelPo is not the infamous gj011 yet again.

Well, there is the report button always.

big bang
09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Denmark,Copenhagen ...have u been smoking ur daily doze of cannabis? OR MAYBE it was to get his illegal substances out of his body!?

it sure sounds like you could use some yourself:) but if you truly believe all the BS you are saying I seriously would stop smoking and try to get some help before you go all mental:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
it sure sounds like you could use some yourself:) but if you truly believe all the BS you are saying I seriously would stop smoking and try to get some help before you go all mental:)
Yeah ill do that, if you promise me that the next time we see eachother u have by then pulled ur head out of ur ***, ok? deal?

big bang
09-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah ill do that, if you promise me that the next time we see eachother u have by then pulled ur head out of ur ***, ok? deal?

just promise me you wont puke your kjottbollar all over Copenhagen the next time you and your little friends come here for a real beer:) of course I will be more more than happy to send all of you back home LOL

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-18-2009, 02:10 PM
just promise me you wont puke your kjottbollar all over Copenhagen the next time you and your little friends come here for a real beer:) of course I will be more more than happy to send all of you back home LOL
Well, at least we dont run into fotball-stadiums and destroying for our own team!!:twisted::twisted:
Dont puke your "rrööe pölser" all over Sweden, and dont come shopping in Helsingborg, we dont want u there even though ur prices are ridicilously high-for what? Nada !

Feña14
09-18-2009, 03:23 PM
It depends, if del Potro can hit as consistently hard and flat as he does on the hard courts then absolutely, he will give Nadal huge problems.

trix123
09-18-2009, 04:04 PM
If Nadal is fit and fresh, I fully expect him to dominate DelPo on clay

The-Champ
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
If Nadal is fit and fresh, I fully expect him to dominate DelPo on clay

i fully expect him to dominate anyone on clay if he is not injured.

drive
09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
It depends. If Delpo plays its best like at USO and Nadal plays injured or just playing his worst game, Delpo has a chance. If Nadal is playing his game on clay he's just unbeatable.

luckyboy1300
09-18-2009, 05:35 PM
i believe that their clay matches will be endurance matches. delpo's big but consistent hitting will be tested by nadal's absolute defense on clay. if nadal is fitter, he could tire delpo out by returing every shot and make delpo move. however if delpo is fitter he could move all day and punish every short ball that nadal will give.

Fedfan1234
09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I would say Del Potro has a real chance of beating Nadal on clay, given that he can maintain this level. But this is just a feeling I have, no evidence to back it up. I know Nadal has ruled on clay in the past, but the past is no guarantee for the future. Del Potro is a very good clay courter as well and he came close to winning this years RG. I think Del Potro's playing style can trouble Nadal, Nadal will not get a lot of time to make his shots and if Del Potro can hit his shots with the same consistency as he did in this years USO he will have a real chance. I am already looking forward to see this match-up on clay, my only hope is that both players will be in their best form when they face each other.