PDA

View Full Version : Clay court feedback needed for Prince T22's.

GoSurfBoy
09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Out of tennis for a looooong time, and going to play a clay court event. Although I grew up on hardcourts, I love red and green clay, having played circuits in Europe.

I am using the Prince T22's. I like the open toebox, but snugger feel for my feet, and the cushioning seems to be very good to me. The shoe fits ME to a 'T', so I don't want to go hunting for something completely different.

Question: Anyone use this shoe with the sole pattern on clay? Good or bad? Feedback, please.

Thanks

Pahansuopa
09-19-2009, 04:21 AM
I tried them, but had to buy another pair with claycourt herringbone. T22's where slippery as hell. If you want to use prince these would be more appropriate to use in clay http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=296&ProductId=1560

They are little too soft for my liking, but still decent claycourt shoes.

GoSurfBoy
09-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Pahansuopa,

Thanks. Sadly, Prince doesn't allow direct links, so all I get is their main page. Can you tell me what shoe style it is?

Il Mostro
09-19-2009, 06:08 AM
I have not owned T22's, but Har Tru and Hydro are surfaces where I have played a wide variety of non-clay specific shoes with no problem at all. In the Prince line I've used OC 1's -- the sole pattern is not very different from the T-22. These are good on both surfaces previously mentioned. BTW, the black/yellow T-22's are a sweet looking shoe. I've always maintained that Prince is very under rated when it comes to shoes. Red clay, of course, is a different deal. Hope this helps.

GoSurfBoy
09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
The tourney' will be at La Costa, California, and they have 4, European red clay courts (which I love), but I'm gonna' need a shoe that fits like the T22 (snug, cushioning, responsive, no roll, AND wide toebox), and will cut and slide on clay.

Calling Prince in the morning to ask them. I'm not a fan of Prince - they've failed to stand behind a lot of stuff, and NEVER answer e-mails, but the shoe fits me to a 'T'....so to speak....

And yea, I have the Bumblebee ones. They've grown on me with the color, but a lot of shoes haven't fit me well, so I am happy in that I don't hurt, no 'hotspots', no aches and pains from lack of cushion, etc.

I noticed they have a new one? The Optima?