PDA

View Full Version : Any validity to rumors of Novaks lung problems from Kosovo bombing debris?

PCXL-Fan
09-18-2009, 10:35 PM
typo: Kosovo War

I've heard that the debris floating around after Nato bombing of Belgrade Serbia have causes really high (abnormal) rates of respiratory problems in serbians.

I've also heard (i believe on this forum) that Novak himself said when he was younger about his trouble breathing, and attributed it to the clouds of debris from smoke created by the bombings.

Just want to know if there is anything solid that can be attributed to either the debris and high rates of respatory problems or to what Novak MAY have said. Thanks.

BorisBeckerFan
09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I do not have any proof but this is a valid point for many who have suffered and been through wars.

Djumex
09-19-2009, 05:26 AM
I really don't know if Novak has problems with his health becouse of NATO bombing of serbia back in 1999....it's very speculative.....he has some issues with breathing that's for sure!
Truth is that bombs did a lot of destruction and killing like they supose to....but after effects on population and environment are not well documented. Another truht is that depleted uranium ammunition was used...A10 jet has 30mm cannon with uranium ammo...B2 stelth bomber has guided uranium bombs for bunker busting....Chinese embassy was hit by mistake with this one....one bomb didn't explode...it's still there I think......and the chinese embassy is in a highly populated area of Belgrade....so...it's messy to say the least.
Bombing debris is very dengerous if you inhale it...right at the site of destruction...like 9/11 search and rescue efforts...a lot of them had serious health issues afterwards.......there's all kind of toxic particles flying around for sure...but I don't think Nole was nowhere near these places....he was 12 back then!
IMO Novak broblems with breathing are both physical and mental.....we can discuss that ;)

rommil
09-19-2009, 09:10 AM
I think most of the times Novak's breathing problems are caused by the bombs coming from the other side of the court.

Serendipitous
09-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I think most of the times Novak's breathing problems are caused by the bombs coming from the other side of the court.

Epic......:)

NamRanger
09-19-2009, 11:38 AM

That's not very nice.

I'm sure daddy and zagor would know. Sounds like a logical explanation to me.

SteveI
09-19-2009, 12:14 PM

I've heard that the debris floating around after Nato bombing of Belgrade Serbia have causes really high (abnormal) rates of respiratory problems in serbians.

I've also heard (i believe on this forum) that Novak himself said when he was younger about his trouble breathing, and attributed it to the clouds of debris from smoke created by the bombings.

Just want to know if there is anything solid that can be attributed to either the debris and high rates of respatory problems or to what Novak MAY have said. Thanks.

Hi,

Sounds like a possible and logical explanation to me. He could also be having these issues due to stress.. etc

yellowoctopus
09-19-2009, 12:27 PM
It seems the so-called 'breathing problem' only comes at crucial moments, especially when he is down in the match. This tells me that the problem might not be physiological, but rather a psychological one. While both can be caused by Childhood trauma from the war, the latter is well known to be associated with the child's relationship with parents--really.

PCXL-Fan
09-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Just doing a 5 minute search of google and belgrade+respiratory+bombing you find out that Nato planes intentionally or inadvertently bombed numerous industrial facilities containing hazardous chemicals which created large clouds of chemicals which wafted into populated areas of the city.

Well its possible that if exposure to chemicals/debris were very limited, respiratory symptoms would not manifest under normal conditions where the respiratory system is not being heavily burdened. Respiratory symptoms might only manifest in certain situations, such as while the respiratory system is under heavy burden and is being compounded by duress, anxiety or stress... or heat!

ubermeyer
09-19-2009, 03:39 PM
it is very possible

stanfordtennis alum
09-19-2009, 03:41 PM
sounds like there is a good chance

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Djokovic has stated many times that his respiratory problem is due to a deviated septum and he had an operation to correct that problem a few years ago. Could that problem have been from the war mentioned? I am no medical expert. :?

cadfael_tex
09-19-2009, 03:47 PM
When I hear war and respiratory problems it is not just the bombing but possibly the after affects. When the basic infrastructure stops there are a lot of things that get into the air and water. Sewage sytems don't operate as they should do to lack of repair, people resort to burning garbage in open burn pits, etc.

I know that my breathing isn't as good after spending a year in Iraq with an open burn pit working quite a bit of the time.

I like Djoko but it does seem that the breathing problems occur at very interesting times.

TheFifthSet
09-19-2009, 03:50 PM
That's not very nice.

I'm sure daddy and zagor would know. Sounds like a logical explanation to me.

You seem to have your differences with daddy (whatever they are), but what did zagor ever do to you? Don't see where the tone is coming from.

PCXL-Fan
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Djokovic has stated many times that his respiratory problem is due to a deviated septum and he had an operation to correct that problem a few years ago. Could that problem have been from the war mentioned? I am no medical expert. :?

You say it was a few years ago that he got the septum fixed. Hasn't he had breathing & stamina issues in 08 and 09 though?

A competitive sports being what it is its smart not to acknowledge untreatable frailties. Better to say "I haven't been conditioning in the heat", "i had a deviated septum and now its re-aligned", "i need to work on my fitness".

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
You seem to have your differences with daddy (whatever they are), but what did zagor ever do to you? Don't see where the tone is coming from.

I don't think he meant any disrespect when it came to both those users, being that they are both from Serbia; they would have some better insight about the situation.

On the other hand to can say: " Meac, mind your business because I wasn't talking to you!"

I will totally understand

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Hasn't he had breathing issues in 08 and 09?

I thought those issues were related to that problem, despite the surgery it would have been a persistent ongoing problem. Apart from that, it is the only explanation I could come up with.

trix123
09-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Brilliant....

batz
09-20-2009, 02:05 AM

Novak was @ Nici Pilic's academy in Munich for 3 years from the age of 12. Serbia was bombed when he was 12. Whatever nasty stuff was in the Belgrade air, I doubt it reached Munich.

jwbarrientos
09-20-2009, 04:31 AM
speculation or fact?, possibly yes, probably who knows; heard that Nole has some "condition" in some games, but never confirmed.

tomas9848
09-20-2009, 05:10 AM

that was great.

Djumex
09-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Nice1.. I have to admit :D

@topic

I am 99% sure that Novak's breathing problems got nothing to do with the war back in 1999.
We don't know for sure ware he was back then...Truth is that he left for Munich around that peroid.
It's very speculative....and the fact that Novak never mentioned war as a reason for his breathing problems.

40fifteen
09-20-2009, 12:10 PM
and why exclusively Djokovic has been affected?
The circumstances were pretty much the same for Tipsy, jelena and Anna.
They dont have such severe issues with breathing.

tusharlovesrafa
07-04-2011, 12:18 AM
u suck....

origmarm
07-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Novak was @ Nici Pilic's academy in Munich for 3 years from the age of 12. Serbia was bombed when he was 12. Whatever nasty stuff was in the Belgrade air, I doubt it reached Munich.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I don't think the dates match up for him to have been affected by this.

PCXL-Fan
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
u suck....
Life getting you down? Thats unfortunate, but please don't go bumping 2 year old thread because of your personal problems.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I don't think the dates match up for him to have been affected by this.

That is pretty much why it simply wasn't true. However, prior to making the thread, there were posters talking about this possiblity, but the key thing was a poster with signifigant post count had posted claiming a teenage Djokovic had made this statement during an interview regarding the war and his breathing issues. Back It was a mystery about Djokovics stamina issues. As you can see from most of the posters here, most at the time didn't know alot about Djokovics youth. The deviated semptum issue just didn't make sense as he was still having issues.

origmarm
07-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Apologies PCXL, didn't spot the 2yr bump!

jackson vile
07-05-2011, 06:31 AM
I do not have any proof but this is a valid point for many who have suffered and been through wars.

I agree, we don't know what chemicals they have been exposed to. Even if it is a low grade, but long duration exposure. It adds up, American's don't get that, as a result they are the most unhealthy people in the world.

Darko
07-05-2011, 06:45 AM
...Childhood trauma from the war...

Like previous posters mentioned, he wasn't in Belgrade during the NATO bombings. That was the only "war" that Belgrade was exposed to.

The majority of the conflict happened in Bosnia & Croatia.