PDA

View Full Version : Some nice things about Nadal from other players/commentators

Ledigs
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
We are pretty good friends, we know one another and get on well. I remember that when I lost to Fernando GonzŠlez in Australia, having had to retire because of cramp in the fifth set, Nadal came over
to me in the locker room. I was shattered, in a very bad way, and
he put his hand on my shoulder and said: "Don't worry about it, the
same thing happened to me two years ago when I was your age."
Things like that fill me with pride and I really value them."
- Juan Martin del Potro in June 2007

"I don't know if you can draw up a tougher scenario than playing Nadal on clay, away, in front of his fans. Even Roger (Federer) on grass you can serve and the points are a bit quicker. This is probably the toughest scenario there is. [...] I felt like I hit the ball okay. In my opinion he is the greatest clay-courter of all time,
and I'm not a great clay-courter, and it's tough especially when he comes out and hits it like he did today."
- Andy Roddick

"He seems to be only getting better."
- John McEnroe

"...a multi-surface wonder, the likes of which
we havenít seen since the days of Bjorn Borg."
- Inside Tennis

"Still the same player even if he now wears shorts and tee shirt. And he's really nice, never gets big-headed, completely adorable."
- GaŽl Monfils blogging during AO '09

By the way he acts in the players lounge and the locker room, you can already see it: heís a leader, a winner. You donít even have to stand on the court to see that. Heís an alert guy, cool, determined, vigorous, respectful. This guy simply has class. And the way he has played in the previous year was gruelingly good. I followed the Wimbledon final with my mouth wide open. I could only be utterly amazed by so much class.
- Tommy Haas (January 23, 2009)

ďHe beat me when he was just 14-years-old. I consoled myself
thinking that I had lost to a future Grand Slam winner.Ē
- Pat Cash

"To say that three-time Roland Garros champion
Nadal is a humble guy is an understatement."
- Inside Tennis

"What Nadal has done on clay over the past three years is nothing short of remarkable.
To be as dominant as he has been, winning 100 out of 101 matches! That's one of the greatest achievements in the history of tennis,
and I don't feel like it is recognized to the extent it deserves."
- Pete Sampras

"He makes his brain work more than his legs.
He's the smarter player on the tour. "
- Mats Wilander

"If he hadnít competed in the Games as a tennis player but if he had chosen
another sport, thereís no doubt that he would have gone for gold as well.
Nadal is a sportsman through and through
and more and more, heís becoming a fantastic ambassador for the tennis sport."
- Richard Krajicek

Personally I'd hope so because he's a great guy. What he's done, how he
plays on all surfaces, he deserves to be world No.1. There's no doubt that
his name should be up there with the greats of the game.''
- Lleyton Hewitt

"What he did to (Roger) Federer in the final of Roland Garros, isn't something any other tennis player in the earth would do. Rafa destroyed Roger at France and later earned the Wimbledon title, which is far from his favorite surface. I believe that was an extraordinary effort. Nadal definitely deserves to be #1 in the world."
- Lleyton Hewitt

"I'm not as familiar with mental requirements for other sports, but I can't believe there could be an athlete better (mentally) than Nadal."
- Jarkko Nieminen

ďHe's probably still one of the best players of all time and he's never been No. 1 in the world.That's incredible, and it shows incredible heart that he's kept the No.2 ranking for so long. It shows incredible kind of mental fortitude to keep pushing, keep getting better, keep striving for that No. 1 ranking. He's proven he's, by far, the greatest No. 2 of all time.Ē
- James Blake

Look, Iím not sure if itís just his forehand. Letís say itís more his movement than anything else. His forehand and backhand [it] seems are never going to break down really, especially on clay. I canít see people talking about his backhand being a weakness. Itís amazing what kind of pace he can get off the backhand and how good his slice has become. People underestimate his game entirely.
- Roger Federer

"It's impossible not to be motivated by him..... He motivates every one of us."
- Tommy Robredo

"Rafa is a great person. Mind, Iím soaping him because I want to win when I play Playstation with him tonight.Ē
- Nicolas Almagro

jagmeister
09-21-2009, 04:33 AM
While I don't like him as a player. They guy appears to be a class act. There are many others that could learn from him.

Cesc Fabregas
09-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Nadal is impossible not to like.

drakulie
09-21-2009, 06:34 AM
He withdrew from Wimbledon even though he wasn't injured. ~ Drakulie

sureshs
09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Nadal is the greatest.

I was watching Spain vs Israel DC and a ballgirl was taken sick. Nadal was one of the guys in the box who came down to make sure she was OK.

AlexTennisAllDayLong
09-21-2009, 06:44 AM

the only credible source here

TheFifthSet
09-21-2009, 06:52 AM

And you wonder why people would question you being a fan of Nadal.

aphex
09-21-2009, 06:56 AM

lol

co-signed...

drakulie
09-21-2009, 06:58 AM
And you wonder why people would question you being a fan of Nadal.

I don't "wonder" at all. Proof is in the pudding, and when I've had to defend him, I have, and the proof is there.

sureshs
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Nadal is so nice that a guy risked arrest to run and kiss him.

kishnabe
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Even if that is true, it doesn't deny his class act. Plus it his decision to not attend wimbledon. Agassi missed several Aussie open and Wimbledon. I don't see people laught at him now. Nadal

Nadalfan89
09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
We could all learn something from that amazing human being. He is a gift from God.

Emelia21
09-21-2009, 02:14 PM
We could all learn something from that amazing human being. He is a gift from God.

Starting with Robin Soderling :twisted: