PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Barricade 5's or Genius

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 05:39 AM
So I'm 6" 180 lbs with fairly poor footwork. i'm Fast on hard courts. My back up shoes are babolat team all court 4 right now. I'd say my feet are fairly normal width with a medium arch and size 12 mens . I've worn through a pair of B5's in around 2 1/2 months before. I slide on hard courts and need a shoe to keep up with my terrible style of footwork.

murrmanfan13
09-20-2009, 05:44 AM
id say the genius. there stable which is good for your sliding. as durable as barricades. faster then barricades. they have a medium arch and width. perfect match imo.

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 06:53 AM
id say the genius. there stable which is good for your sliding. as durable as barricades. faster then barricades. they have a medium arch and width. perfect match imo.
I heard that there was a really long break-in though.

murrmanfan13
09-20-2009, 06:56 AM
my only time with them was trying them on in a store. my friend, who is built similarly to you, thinks they are amazing. im interested in the shoe myself.

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 06:59 AM
my only time with them was trying them on in a store. my friend, who is built similarly to you, thinks they are amazing. im interested in the shoe myself.
Alright thanks man, I think I might buy a pair than. hopefully the all blue won't come off as to cocky

dincuss
09-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I find both amazing so whichever is cheaper.:D

120mphBodyServe
09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought you were going to get the Babolat Propulse 2s, as I had recommended..
What happened!?!?!?!?
I would go with the Barricade 5s, personally.

Mikey Fresh
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Alright thanks man, I think I might buy a pair than. hopefully the all blue won't come off as to cocky

the blue ones are sick so are the up coming red ones

Evry1hateslefties
09-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I think the geniuses are awesome. I think they feel a lot better than the cades for long matches; even though they have similar weight, the geniuses feel much lighter. Also, the geniuses ride a little lower to the ground, and aren't as "clunky" as the barricade V's.

babolat15
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
which shoes are better for sliding...which i do not reccomend

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I thought you were going to get the Babolat Propulse 2s, as I had recommended..
What happened!?!?!?!?
I would go with the Barricade 5s, personally.
sorry man, I decided to just get the tac 4 so i could than get another shoe to switch on and off with. The Propulse would have been quite pricey to have as an off and on shoe. thanks for the wisdom though

7tennis7
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
barricades are 10 times better than the cc genius. totally different shoes. it really depends on you.

Jaewonnie
09-21-2009, 06:57 PM
The genius is too good. A proper break-in takes about 1-2 days worth of practice. Amazing stability, traction, and your feet feel very light. Feels like there are wings on your shoes. It might feel VERY VERY stiff at first so if you'd like wear half a size larger. But the long break-in is definately worth it.

Havent tried the barricade though.

babolat15
09-21-2009, 09:28 PM
which ones are more slideable

Arturec
09-22-2009, 01:49 AM
I would say genius cuz i've got already 2 pairs:) (silver and wimbledon edition), however i had barricades before. Genius are as stable as barricades but a little bit narrowed which makes me feel better on the court. Remember to walk in them a little bit just to break them in, they're really stiff at first. I notice one more thing that they're doing better on clay courts than barricades. Adidas claims that genius are all court shoes and barricades for hard courts.

skyzoo
09-22-2009, 02:26 AM
I would say genius cuz i've got already 2 pairs:) (silver and wimbledon edition), however i had barricades before. Genius are as stable as barricades but a little bit narrowed which makes me feel better on the court. Remember to walk in them a little bit just to break them in, they're really stiff at first. I notice one more thing that they're doing better on clay courts than barricades. Adidas claims that genius are all court shoes and barricades for hard courts.
I think it's because the sole is more like Nike's clay court sole. That's my take on it. I just got a pair of blue Genius' from hola bird and they should be here by wednsday, I can't wait to do some heavy sliding.

babolat15
09-23-2009, 08:28 AM
^^^out all of all the shoes you have worn which ones can you slide the best in

mindz82
09-23-2009, 08:58 AM

I'm actually planning to buy a pair of genius too. Are the shoes fit true to size or should I consider buying a half size larger?

Thanks

javierjavier
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
personally prefer the geniuses over the barricades. they feel lighter, less clunky, and sit lower to the ground.

the only issue i have with them is that they are really stiff, and depending on how they crease in the toe box can even pinch your foot. this goes away with break-in, but it takes a while to break them in. of course if the crease doesn't pinch your foot then you're ok.

as far as break-in is concerned, it's a long break-in. i'd say several hours of actual court time or time doing similar activity. i think it took about 4-5 matches before they really felt completely comfortable.

star 5 15
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
IMO genius are better shoes as far as comfort and weight. But the only thing is though they are very narrow and if you have a wide foot you can forget getting them.

skyzoo
09-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I just got my genius in the mail, thanks for the wisdom guys. The blue is really sick and they fit just right. great feel so far

120mphBodyServe
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I just got my genius in the mail, thanks for the wisdom guys. The blue is really sick and they fit just right. great feel so far

Lucky you. I hated them when I got to try them on...

star 5 15
09-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Lucky you. I hated them when I got to try them on...

They are hard to wear at first ut after about 4 or 5 hours of hard drilling or playing they're good to go.

skyzoo
09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I already got my first complament from a complete stranger in around 20 minutes of putting them on. I'd say they have made a good impression with me.

babolat15
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
good slidage