PDA

View Full Version : CC genius worth a try?

murrmanfan13
09-20-2009, 06:38 AM
well my air court ballistics have had enough, and before i get another pair or two, i was wondering if the CC genius is worth a try. if anyone could compare the shoes that would be great.

120mphBodyServe
09-20-2009, 07:27 AM
I haven't tried on any Nike shoes lately but I will tell you what my personal findings on the Genius were...
Seems to be like a stability orientated shoe, the outsole is VERY FIRM. They might work for you, they might not...
They feel very stiff and they have this plastic bit in between the toebox and the tongue that may or may not dig into your feet.. They're about as stiff as the Barricade 4s....
So I don't think they're a comfort orientated shoe...
Have no idea what Adidas was thinking or what Novak was asking them when he wanted them to design a shoe for him...
Who knows...

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 07:29 AM
well my air court ballistics have had enough, and before i get another pair or two, i was wondering if the CC genius is worth a try. if anyone could compare the shoes that would be great.
Bro do you stalk me or are we both looking to replace our ballistics and have youtek radicals?

120mphBodyServe
09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Bro do you stalk me or are we both looking to replace our ballistics and have youtek radicals?

LOL Looks like he could be your perfect doubles partner!!!!!
:mrgreen: :-D

murrmanfan13
09-20-2009, 09:39 AM
yeah i stalk you...

what strings to you have on your rads?

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 10:13 AM
yeah i stalk you...

what strings to you have on your rads?
i have msv focus hex on the mains and og sheep 17 on the cross boys. I'm guessing you use a tourna grip?

murrmanfan13
09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
i actually dont. i just use the leather grip with nothing on top :)

skyzoo
09-20-2009, 12:29 PM
i actually dont. i just use the leather grip with nothing on top :)
alright, hmm do you live in the middle states?

Aces09
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I loved the CC Genius, I got the white ones and my only complaint was that they yellowed faster than other white shoes, but I should've tried washing them. Their court performance was amazing though. SO much traction and they were as stable as the barricades, but lighter, and sleeker too. I wish I'd have gotten the blues or the silvers...too bad adidas doesn't make custom Genius'. I'd make blue and silver ones. ^_^

JoelDali
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I got the black ones and they killed the eff outta my right toe. Sent them back.

The 79.99 was hard to not try.

bertiefactor
10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
diggin up a slightly old thread.

im pondering on buying a pair

just wondering if the sizing is true i.e im currently wearing 10.5 in barricades, should i go same size AS genius's?

thanks

JoelDali
10-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Don't. I bought the black ones. Got sucked in by the sale. Garbage. Tore my foot open.

iliketennis
10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
i have a pair. if you have feet a bit wider than average they will most likely kill your feet (they did mine) although they will eventually break in for me it took more than a month. If i were you i would just wait till the next line of geniuses comes out. maybe then they'll fix the problem.

javierjavier
10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I got the black ones and they killed the eff outta my right toe. Sent them back.

The 79.99 was hard to not try.
these are shoes i'd definitely recommend people buy at a b&m. they are stiff and depending where they crease can pinch your foot or toe. you might have to try on a couple of pairs to find one that doesn't pinch your foot. they do eventually soften up and it will eventually go away.

RyanRF
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Very stiff feeling and snug in the toe when you first put them on. It took me about two weeks of playing 3-4 days a week (about 20 hours total) before they were broken in. However, now that they are broken in, they're great... sorta like lighter, more breathable barricade 5s.

If you have the patience (and foot durability) to wait out the break-in period, you won't be disappointed.

bertiefactor
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
i have weird narrow feet, so i assume they wont pinch or be too tight....
breaking in the shoe may help loosening the shoe

what is the sizing like? same as barricades...

downdaline
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
My usual hitting partner bought a pair and they were so stiff, he had to stop playing and change shoes. He said they were stiffer than barricades.

skyzoo
10-07-2009, 02:18 AM
I've never had a shoe fit me so great. The two plastic pieces on the lateral part of my foot really locked my foot in place. Their not a casual/comfortable shoe at all, but on the court they are a very quick solid pair.

Moz
10-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Take a bit of getting used to comfort-wise, but really quite nice when broken in.

But I have not been impressed by the durability of the sole.