PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez Casal Academy for Adults

Dorian Grey
09-20-2009, 12:42 PM
If this has been posted elsewhere my apologies...

I'm considering trying the adult program at Sanchez Casal for the weekend...never tried an Academy type program before, so I'm curious..any suggestions or past experiences would help. I'm a 5.0 level player if that helps with answers.

Kind Regards

Boston_Ace
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Anyone go to Sanchez Casal's adult programs? Also curious.

josh91
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Anyone have some review about the academy?
I will go there for a week during the summer.
So is there someone with advice or with a better academy?

Thanks.

tennis_balla
02-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Awesome place, I was there for a week during the spring last year doing their coaching course. The food puts American academies to shame, great junior players to train with, and coaching and fitness program is well thought out also. Be ready to be on court at 8am as a junior.

As for the adult program, a lot of their drills easily cross over to what the kids are doing so don't be surprised to find yourself doing the same drills just at a different intensity of course.

A lot of emphasis is made on footwork, court position, balance, shot placement and so on. Its not a typical Spanish program in what you might expect, its a very well rounded all court program with baseline, mid court and net play being worked on equally. Lots of great coaches there, its a really good environment.