PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV and the Tennis Channel

NoBadMojo
04-09-2005, 10:30 AM
No..unfortunately they dont have it. I had Dish Network and they never responded to my queries about Tennis Channel, so I changed to Voom because they had it, but now they went dark. I just got DirectTV w. Tivo installed and am enjoying it alot but they have no immediate plans for the Tennis Channel but they at least promptly responded to my query as per below. So all you DirecTV'ers should email DirectTV thru DirectTV.com as at least they are listening.thanks.
<snip> 04/09/2005 11:19 AM

Dear Ed,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't currently have plans to add the Tennis Channel. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management. Be sure and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
DIRECTV Customer Representative

K. Wilson Moose
04-09-2005, 03:57 PM
That is the same pat answer that I received from DirectTV for over a year. I switched to Comcast digital cable. I now have The Tennis Channel and HDTV. Very pleased.

Good luck with DirectTV, and if you upgrade to HDTV with local channels, be ready for some new hardware and be ready to put out some additional cash.

splink779
04-09-2005, 04:28 PM
If you get comcast digitial cable, can u get the package that includes the tennis channel regardless of where you live?

goober
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
If you get comcast digitial cable, can u get the package that includes the tennis channel regardless of where you live?

No, it is all up to the cable provider. Cox communications has a deal with TTC but I still don't get it locally because they choose not to provide it.