PDA

View Full Version : Ballistec 1.3 is a Perfect tennis shoe

Riosfan
09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Great shoe. Fits perfect, soft on feet, good traction, slides on hard court when you need to slide, can change direction on a dime, just feels like a perfect tennis shoe. Previous favorite was Barricade 4 but Ballistec 1.3 is right there on par. No complaints. Well done Nike.

tennismsands
09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
right on, love my ballistics in Wh/Yellow

BreakPoint
09-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Great shoe. Fits perfect, soft on feet, good traction, slides on hard court when you need to slide, can change direction on a dime, just feels like a perfect tennis shoe. Previous favorite was Barricade 4 but Ballistec 1.3 is right there on par. No complaints. Well done Nike.
Just wondering, have you ever tried the Breathe Free II?

jimwh
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Couldn't agree more, my favorite shoe of all time.

Riosfan
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
BP; One year ago I tried the white Nikes that Delpo wore this US Open, whatever they are called. They were slippery in the begining but good after one week and lasted quite long, almost 5 mths. Also tried the last two Vapors before the current ones. Ballistec 1.3 the best without a doubt.

mcutilize
09-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I love the ballistec 1.3s i have them in black/turq, black/pink, pink/turq, and just got the white/yellow ones.

i had the us open breathe cage 2s and i loved them very much but i just wore 2 holes in the upper part of the soles so i cant use them no more (wore them out in about 3-4 weeks)

Figjam
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM
???? these shoes SUCK!!!, WTF??? they are boardy, heavy, DONT breathe, are loose in the heel, dont have as much support on the upper. wear really fast (limited ed.)

The BFII were way better, but there are better shoes.

Im really liking the RBK KFS advantage.

BreakPoint
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
BP; One year ago I tried the white Nikes that Delpo wore this US Open, whatever they are called. They were slippery in the begining but good after one week and lasted quite long, almost 5 mths. Also tried the last two Vapors before the current ones. Ballistec 1.3 the best without a doubt.
Those are the Cage II, not the Breathe Free II. Most people agree that the Breathe Free II is better than the Cage II. In fact, many consider the Breathe Free II the best tennis shoe ever made, period. :)

volleynets
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree they are the most comfy shoe I wore since air vapor Vs and the first shoe I have not been able to get the guarantee on (failed to wear them out in 6 mos.)

Evry1hateslefties
09-22-2009, 07:22 PM
they are awesome for everything except breathability. the breathability sucks!!! ... but everything else is great

Tankari
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm selling some size 8.5 charcoal/pink ones, thread should pop up sometime in the FS/FT section.

The_Question
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
soft on feet..

That wasn't my experience when I tried them on...

Figjam
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
That wasn't my experience when I tried them on...
Ditto, no wonder nike is dropping them after one year!

volleynets
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Ditto, no wonder nike is dropping them after one year!

They clearly aren't since the Ballistec 2.3 is coming out. Nike always comes out with new versions each year. They did drop the breathe and the cage lines but they are not dropping the Ballistecs.

Figjam
09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
its still a sucky shoe

Sangria Munky
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
the ballistec 1.3s are too heavy... i have used it since it came out. i had the black and turq and now the baby blue and pink(ltd ed)

Carefree
09-23-2009, 06:06 AM
These are the first tennis shoes I have ever owned. I don't have any issues with them, but don't have much to compare with, just what I've tried on in the shop.

I found the Vapours to be more comfortable and far lighter.

What's the weight of the Ballistecs like, compared to the barricades?

phishua
09-23-2009, 10:57 AM

I respectfully disagree, the BARRICADE V is the perfect tennis shoe. :)

----------------
Now playing: My Morning Jacket - The Way He Sings (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/my+morning+jacket/track/the+way+he+sings)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
09-23-2009, 01:15 PM
I have tried my friends 1.3's and i have to say i love my vapor 6 more.
Much lighter, more breathable, better traction, you feel like a feather

li0scc0
09-24-2009, 11:06 AM

I just got some, so I cannot truly say but initial 1st week impressions are....yes, this COULD BE the perfect shoe.
1) Outstanding traction
2) Good comfort
3) Low to the ground feel
4) Impressive stability

Although one week is NOT time to comment on durability, everything about the APPEARANCE of the construction indicates a very long lasting shoe. Time will tell.

This is my first pair of Nike's of any sort in 20 years. I ditched them in 1990 after going through pairs in 2 weeks.

a-naik.1
09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Love my Ballistecs! The only shoes I'll buy for retail value for now..lol

Riosfan
09-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Update: Super comfy. low to the ground. I have them for one month, playing 5 times a week, super intense tennis and they are holding up. No hole under the outsole big toes yet. and only damage has been three of the dimples on the right shoe have come off - on inside of near big toe joint near foot. GREAT SHOE, looks great, feels great, plays great.

robbie_mx
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
these are great shoes, i have 3 pair and i love them.. but the roland garros limited ed. wear really fast, i finish them in 1 month. other colors do not have this problem.

a-naik.1
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah the RG are made for clay which sucks balllllssss.

jmmtn4aj
09-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I got the 1.3s as my first tennis shoes, and breathability has been a huge problem for me since I live in a tropical country (weather nowadays is something like 30degC in the shade), good to know the Vapours are far better in that area, might get them soon :)

Figjam
09-26-2009, 12:58 PM
these are great shoes, i have 3 pair and i love them.. but the roland garros limited ed. wear really fast, i finish them in 1 month. other colors do not have this problem.

Good to know, sort of. I wanted my to last a long time, but the toe was almost worn smooth after playing 3 times!

Did you send them back in for replacement yet? I only bought them for the colors, I dont even play in them any more because I dont want to wear them out. and obviously nike isnt going to replace them with any thing as spectaular.

let us know what they send you back, or if they let you keep the LTD's when they send the replacement.

Noveson
09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Just wondering, have you ever tried the Breathe Free II?

I have both. I have the white yellow and black green CB 1.3s, and the Green and black and blue and yellow BF2s. They are pretty close overall, I feel like the BF2s are lighter, and also they breathe a lot better. But also the CB 1.3s are much more durable, and the yellow white ones are hard to surpass in looks.

goosala
09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
If they offered a wide width it would be perfect.

West Coast Ace
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
That wasn't my experience when I tried them on...Did you take the cardboard fillers out first? Or maybe yours are knockoffs from Uzbekistan? Mine feel like slippers.

the ballistec 1.3s are too heavy... i have used it since it came out. i had the black and turq and now the baby blue and pink(ltd ed)So you bought two pairs of something you don't like? In general, Nike tennis shoes are heavier than your average Adidas. But are your legs that weak that a few ounces make that much difference? Hit the gym. They have to have some weight to be durable.

I only have one very minor beef with my white/yel 1.3's - the laces are a little short. Don't like yanking them to the point that they are tight and constrictive.

The_Question
09-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Did you take the cardboard fillers out first? Or maybe yours are knockoffs from Uzbekistan? Mine feel like slippers.

I tried them out at Hola-bird, and sorry, they feel like standing on a 2X4...not a "perfect" tennis shoes for me.

West Coast Ace
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I tried them out at Hola-bird, and sorry, they feel like standing on a 2X4...not a "perfect" tennis shoes for me.I bought mine from 'that company'...

I detect an anti-Nike sentiment.... whatever...

The_Question
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I bought mine from 'that company'...

I detect an anti-Nike sentiment.... whatever...

Yeah, that's why I have Vapor V, VI, and Advantage that I like...

Good job Sherlock Homles...

li0scc0
09-29-2009, 05:59 AM
After some extra time, the only knock I have on the 1.3 Ballistec by Nike is that the laces are a bit on the short side.

As for width, I wear a 10.5 and am fine with a 10.5 in the Ballistec. it is 'recommended' to go a half size smaller, but the 10 was too small. The 10.5 is great for both width and length.

No complaints, a great shoe. Extreme traction and stability. I will post more down the road.

Henrock
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
After some extra time, the only knock I have on the 1.3 Ballistec by Nike is that the laces are a bit on the short side.

As for width, I wear a 10.5 and am fine with a 10.5 in the Ballistec. it is 'recommended' to go a half size smaller, but the 10 was too small. The 10.5 is great for both width and length.

No complaints, a great shoe. Extreme traction and stability. I will post more down the road.

Have many other people stayed with their normal size with the Courtballistec 1.3s? I'm normally 10.5 but found the 10s to be rather tight. Do things change after a few hours?

Pink_Shirt
03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Have many other people stayed with their normal size with the Courtballistec 1.3s? I'm normally 10.5 but found the 10s to be rather tight. Do things change after a few hours?

I wear a 10.5 too, but I ordered as suggested a half size smaller. It's pretty tight but it gets really comfy in about a week or two. But I have pretty narrow feet.

Chezbeeno
03-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Those are the Cage II, not the Breathe Free II. Most people agree that the Breathe Free II is better than the Cage II. In fact, many consider the Breathe Free II the best tennis shoe ever made, period. :)

couldn't agree more, these shoes had it all, great support, lightweight, great breathability, and durability, Nike really should've continued making these

Jakedasnake
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM

I feel you bro, the laces are too short so I put in replacement ones, but otherwise great shoe. I went down to 8.5 from usual 9, FYI

gamerx52986
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I just bought 6 pairs of CB 1.3's from the Nike Outlet store near me. Had them for $39.99 and there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of them. Now I also seen the section that had the cosmetically damaged shoes and they had quite a few red spotted Vapor VI's but still for $50.

racquetjunkie
03-13-2010, 07:33 AM
hi recent convert here from the Barricade V to the 1.3. Loving it. Been with the Barricade family for a long time (III to IV to V). IV was my favorite but something changed from IV to V. just not the same. Was worried the 1.3 wont have as good cushioning and support, but I was wrong. very happy so far looking to get my second pair.

serve&volley
03-13-2010, 11:02 AM
very cheap on the auction site now

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-13-2010, 12:12 PM
too heavy...vapours do the job well

okdude1992
03-13-2010, 02:53 PM

I sure do! but seeing as they are super difficult to find now i've been using the cb 1.3. the cb's are actually surprisingly light compared to the spec and of course very durable. I really like them. however they cannot compare to the bfII

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
03-13-2010, 04:17 PM
The CB 1.3 is wicked awesome, built like a tank! My only gripe is that they don't breathe very well, but they're a good alternative while my Babolat Propulse 2s are out of commission.

They look very nice, especially in the white/navy colorway... I've gotten many compliments while wearing them for walking (they're surprisingly comfortable for tennis shoes!).

Run to your local Academy, and see if you can pick up a pair for 35 bucks, as I did mine. :D

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
03-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I tried them out at Hola-bird, and sorry, they feel like standing on a 2X4...not a "perfect" tennis shoes for me.

They require a break-in for quite a while, about a week or so for me, and after that, they were great, stretching out to fit my foot width better, and I'm glad I ran across these shoes.

The CB 1.3 is probably my second-favorite shoe to date, but I wonder why I didn't like the Breathe Cage IIs so much, even though they had similar constructions (other than the toe guard, which is SO much more durable than the Cage IIs)?