PDA

View Full Version : Transfering from community college

Federer4life
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Hello, I have done many searches and learned a lot about contacting coaches. I have been filling out prospect forms on the websites of various NAIA tennis schools and have not had as much luck as i would like. Are there any other methods that might be more successful in contacting coaches from schools that provide financial assistance? By the way, I played number one for my school while going 12-1 and was awarded a few ITA awards on the junior college level.

JLyon
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
keep e-mailing coaches, but if you were successful at JUCO D1 level you should be noticed by coaches as the year progresses. Unfortunately men's scholarships are becoming scarce but if you keep youtr eyes open and mind open to a small town seting you should be able to get a scholly somewhere. Good luck

ci2ca
09-21-2009, 09:13 PM
There is no JUCO D1. Most Universities will not want a transfer student from a JUCO because they want 4 years of dedication to the team.

alb1
09-22-2009, 06:48 AM
There are NJCAA D1 and D3 divisions and they have different national championships. A player with a high NJCAA D1 ranking can transfer pretty easily to a 4 year school.

Unless you're very highly ranked though I wouldn't expect much interest from top level NAIA programs. See if your JUCO coach will help you.

eeytennis
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Have you e-mailed or called the coaches directly? Coaches get MANY of those recruiting questionnaires and often it takes awhile to look through them. You would have much better luck contacting the coach directly. It 1.) shows your interest, and 2.) you will most likely receive a faster response.

Good luck! Try contacting D2 schools as well, I know of a few guys who played NJCAA tennis for two years and went to D1 or D2 schools (the guy who went to D1 was a finalist in the National Tourny at #1).

JLyon
09-22-2009, 02:01 PM
There is no JUCO D1. Most Universities will not want a transfer student from a JUCO because they want 4 years of dedication to the team.

Thanks once again for the TT community providing bad information. Check facts first. Actually there used to be three Divisions of JUCO, D1 offered full Schollies (Housing included), D2 offered only Academics (not Room and Board), DIII your on your own.

There are plenty of schools if you played #1 to seek out, do not necessarily expect a coach to come to you. I hope you were ranked in the Top 25-30 to get a good offer, otherwise start looking at the smaller D1 and D2 schools.

DangerDan
09-24-2009, 04:19 AM
I know of a couple of JC transfers who are playing now playing at a NAIA college. Rumor is a full ride at a fairly expensive school.

ci2ca
09-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks once again for the TT community providing bad information. Check facts first. Actually there used to be three Divisions of JUCO, D1 offered full Schollies (Housing included), D2 offered only Academics (not Room and Board), DIII your on your own.

There are plenty of schools if you played #1 to seek out, do not necessarily expect a coach to come to you. I hope you were ranked in the Top 25-30 to get a good offer, otherwise start looking at the smaller D1 and D2 schools.

Yes, there use to be. I play for JUCO and know for a fact that if you're not exceptionally good most colleges will not accept you. You are correct about having to go out of your way to contact coaches. good luck.

ci2ca
09-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh and in my area, I haven't heard of NJCAA. So sorry for the misunderstanding.