PDA

View Full Version : So where do you draw the line coaches?

racingdad23
09-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Christian Colleges that have recruited (and playing) tennis players that are atheists :confused:

So coaches, whats your position on this?

gogeta087
09-26-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm sorry, but it seems like you think that because a college/university is associated with a faith means that only those of that faith can go? Yes, I'm sure people want to go to Notre Dame and Boston College only because of their denominations, not the great academics and reputations. It's been common for a long time, I really don't see the problem.

Toad
09-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I went to a Methodist college and I am an atheist. A lot of private schools have religious affiliations.

ihearit1st
09-26-2009, 08:56 PM
If I were a coach at a Christian school, I would try to recruit those of similar faith. However, I would still recruit say, Methodists, to go to a Baptist school. I also would not completely rule out players of other faiths, say Buddhists or Hindi at a Christian college. I would speak to players during the recruiting process about their afiliations and being open-minded. I am a devout Baptist, but if I went to a Methodist university, I would be open-minded and study their philosophies out of respect and then make a decision as to what I wanted to believe. I don't think you must think that way to go to that school just as you don't have to promise to be a psychiatrist to take a psych course. You just have to be open to the material, and the rest is up to you.