PDA

View Full Version : is there any way i can get nike shoes warranty??

hondas2k
09-26-2009, 05:51 PM
i bought a nike shoes from **** like 3 months ago.
and my shoes are wearing out quickly cuz i've been playing a lot.

is there any way i can get nike shoes warranty on this?

aces
09-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Check the label inside of your shoe. There should be a manufactured date on it, if it's within 2 years of when it was manufactured then you can send it in as defective footwear.

http://www.nikebiz.com/customer_service/return_guidelines/footwear.html

BreakPoint
09-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Check the label inside of your shoe. There should be a manufactured date on it, if it's within 2 years of when it was manufactured then you can send it in as defective footwear.

http://www.nikebiz.com/customer_service/return_guidelines/footwear.html
The tread wearing out due to normal wear does not mean the shoe is "defective".

Pwned
09-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I wore holes in my Vapor Vs from normal wear and received a $115 voucher from Nike.

aces
09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
The tread wearing out due to normal wear does not mean the shoe is "defective".

Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.

It falls under that category even though they state - Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.

BreakPoint
09-27-2009, 01:23 AM
I wore holes in my Vapor Vs from normal wear and received a $115 voucher from Nike.
But the Vapors don't even have an outsole warranty at all. :confused:

BreakPoint
09-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.
It falls under that category even though they state - Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.
But the tread wearing out is not a flaw. All treads wear out. It's not a defect. The warranty is just that if it wears out before 6 months, they will replace it. However, you need to send in a copy of the purchase receipt from an authorized dealer to claim the warranty.

Pwned
09-27-2009, 06:15 AM
But the Vapors don't even have an outsole warranty at all. :confused:

I have the voucher and that is all that matters. The lady on the phone said they do not send out warranty cards for all of their shoes. I don't know what my shoes qualified under but I received a voucher.

BreakPoint
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I have the voucher and that is all that matters. The lady on the phone said they do not send out warranty cards for all of their shoes. I don't know what my shoes qualified under but I received a voucher.
But didn't you have to actually send your used shoes back to Nike before they sent you the voucher? Once they received them, they would have seen that it's a pair of Vapors, which do not have an outsole warranty.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNIKE-NV5WB.html

dr325i
09-27-2009, 11:57 AM
But didn't you have to actually send your used shoes back to Nike before they sent you the voucher? Once they received them, they would have seen that it's a pair of Vapors, which do not have an outsole warranty.

Yeah, something is not right there...
Either very lucky, or...a great imagination

Pwned
09-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Yes, I sent them my red/white Vapor Vs and they sent me the $115 voucher. It is up to them to decide what does and doesn't qualify. The shoes were worn down to the air insert and that had popped so they were beyond usable for me as they hurt my feet. I lost nothing sending them in. I could have been wasting my time but instead I either got lucky or the shoes qualified. I don't care why all that matters is I got the voucher and either now get the oreo vapors or black/red.

BreakPoint
09-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes, I sent them my red/white Vapor Vs and they sent me the $115 voucher. It is up to them to decide what does and doesn't qualify. The shoes were worn down to the air insert and that had popped so they were beyond usable for me as they hurt my feet. I lost nothing sending them in. I could have been wasting my time but instead I either got lucky or the shoes qualified. I don't care why all that matters is I got the voucher and either now get the oreo vapors or black/red.
Ah-ha! OK, so now I understand. The air insert in your Vapors had popped which is a defect and that's why they sent you the voucher. They did not replace them because the outsole wore out because the Vapors have never come with a 6-month outsole durability warranty. If your air insert had never popped, they probably wouldn't have sent you the voucher even though the outsole had worn out.

Pwned
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I guess its a good thing I stated that it had popped in my explanation then. I am also glad I played hard on them that last week to get them to that point because they weren't like that the week prior!