PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had "Shoe Warranty" success?

sstchur
09-26-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a pair of Babolat Propulse 2s that I bought on 4/24/09, so clearly less than 6 months.

I play exclusively on hard court at a club, indoors (maybe once or twice outside, but that's about it).

I average about 3 to 4 hours per week, and I've worn the sole through as you can see in the photos:

http://www.stchur.com/personal/tmp/shoes/

Has anyone had success exercising the "6 month out sole warranty" that a lot of the shoes come with these days? The Babolats are supposed to have it, but the fine print say that it is the company's discretion whether or not the shoes meet the condition of the warranty and that they have the right to refuse replacing your shoes or discontinue the program at any time.

Does anyone know from experience how good Babolat is about their warranty? I'd hate to be without the shoes for 4 weeks and pay the shipping only to find out they aren't going to replace them.

I have the original receipt, warranty card, and shoe box.

Vermillion
09-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I've had success 3 times with the Adidas Barricades Series.

You should be fine if you sent those in.

lilxjohnyy
09-26-2009, 09:17 PM
i had success with nike breath free cages 2

sstchur
09-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info!

Do you guys know, do the replacement shoes come with the same warranty, or do they only allow the exchange one time? Or maybe it depends on the company?

Vermillion
09-26-2009, 09:44 PM
exchange only one time.

tholz
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I had the exact same wear issues with my PP2's after only 60hrs of hard court. Filled out the card, paid the $10 fee to Babolat and 2 weeks later, they sent me a pair All Court Team 4 shoes, saying that the PP2's were out of stock! I'm not very happy about this, since the All Court's don't fit by foot at all and don't have the power straps, which I really like. I emailed them 2 days ago about exchanging for PP2's when they become available, but I'm still waiting for a response.

the wise wizard
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
i've returned atleast 9 pairs of shoes to various companys and never been turned down.

ScoopsHaaganDazs
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
So did the OP have success with the warranty?

ilikephobo
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
i sent babolat an email regarding the PP2 warrenty, i bought my PP2s at a Tennis Center and they didnt know about the warrenty when i asked them about it.. However everywhere else the PP2s come with a warrenty, its been about a week and Babolat havent replied to my email. i've heard from a couple of people that Babolat has horrible customer service but idk.

iliketennis
10-25-2009, 06:48 PM
i've had success with the barricades. and as for the shoes they send you to replace, those do not come with another warranty.

Geezer Guy
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I exchanged my Wilson DST's twice several years ago. They don't make that model anymore.

TW CSR
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
If purchased at Tennis Warehouse, all shoes except for Adidas may be sent back to us directly for replacement. We usually are able to replace the shoes quicker than the manufacturer, if the shoes are no longer available we would offer a store credit. Sole warranty replacements are a 1 time only replacement, the replacement shoe does not carry the original warranty.
Jesse/TW

godukedevils
10-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I caused more of a split / rip in the toe area of the 1st generation Propulse in around 2 months. At the time the Propulse 2 was all they could send me, but they had not been officially released yet so they waited about a month and mailed me the 2's when the release date hit.

mctennis
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
The "gotcha" syndrome. I'd say usually if you have more than one pair of tennis shoes you would send them back for replacement warranty verification. Thus you can wait the 4-6 weeks for the turn-around time. If you have only the one pair you'll end up buying something else instead. You can't be without tennis shoes the 4-6 week period.
Why would you buy exactly the same shoe if you're going to get the same poor performance out of it? Just wondering.

Explorer3903
11-11-2009, 04:48 AM
I returned a pair of tennis shoes to Prince and had no problems on the warranty. I have returned several pairs under their six month warranty. Just contact them to get a Return authorization # and send them back the shoes. I sent the shoes and got a new pair from them in 7-10 business days (just recently). They did not have the pait i had and replaced it with something comparable in their new lineup. Customer service dept was very helpful.

bigfoot910
11-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Never had a problem with any of the New Balance warranty policies. Also have had success with Adidas and Fila...