PDA

View Full Version : Most Cushioned Tennis Sneaker Available?

Chopin
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
The title says it all: what is the most cushioned tennis sneaker available?

JoelDali
09-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Definitely the Stan Smiths. Here is a pic so you can identify them easier at your local retailer.

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/stan-smith-adidas.jpg

shabby
09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Asics Gel Resolution 1 and 2.

CB's 1.3.

Yonex SHT-306.

-------------------

You decide.

jrod
09-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Definitely the Stan Smiths. Here is a pic so you can identify them easier at your local retailer.

Wow...I remember wearing these some 20+ years ago in grad school. Can you still buy them?

Anyway, regarding the OP's question, the Asic Gel Resolution II's are probably the most cushioned high performance tennis shoe available in the market today.

alcap26
09-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Fila Alfa 2 feel pretty cushy to me.

Chopin
09-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Why can't Asics and Yonex release their top shoes in a more normal colorway though?

I'm a Vapor V user and I'm debating between the Vapor VI, Asic Gels, CB 1.3s and Yonex SHT-306.

I like my Vapor Vs and love them when they're new out of the box for the first two months or so but I find that the cushioning gets worn down very quickly. I feel their more match day shoes that a pro like Federer would wear for a few matches and then break out a new pair.

1st Seed
09-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Asics GR2's,Nike Breathe Free 2's,NB 1004's and most cushioned of all is the RBK Match Day Pumps,real pillows.

AutoXer
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I find any KSwiss with the 7.0 cushioning, Fila Alfa 2, and Diadora Topspins to be cushy. I have knee and ankle issues, so I am really picky about comfort.

Cheers

SempreSami
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Why can't Asics and Yonex release their top shoes in a more normal colorway though?

What's wrong with the white/orange Gel Resolution 2? Looks normal enough IMO.

charliefedererer
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I like my Vapor Vs and love them when they're new out of the box for the first two months or so but I find that the cushioning gets worn down very quickly.

You are putting replacement insoles in your shoes, right?

Another vote for Gel resolution II's as the most comfortable.

Capt. Willie
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Wow...I remember wearing these some 20+ years ago in grad school. Can you still buy them?

I wore them 30+ years ago. Sucked than, and probably suck even more now. I would stay far away from these. Laver's and Nastase's are much better....not that they are good.

And yes, you can still buy them. And in even more colorways than the traditional white/green.

jrod
09-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I wore them 30+ years ago. Sucked than, and probably suck even more now. I would stay far away from these. Laver's and Nastase's are much better....not that they are good.

And yes, you can still buy them. And in even more colorways than the traditional white/green.

Well back in the old days I used to wear the tops of these out so damn fast it wasn't funny. Now I don't even remember how to slide....

stanfordtennis alum
09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
asics gel resolution

Chopin
09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
You are putting replacement insoles in your shoes, right?

Another vote for Gel resolution II's as the most comfortable.

No, I never do that. Do you have any recommendations?

skyzoo
09-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Team all court 4

roger nadal
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
asics definitely

Chopin
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
OK. So I've effectively narrowed it down to the Asics Gel Resolution 2 or Vapor VI (like I said, I'm a fan of the Vapor line). I may just buy both.

Now do the Gel Resolutions run true to size? I take an 11 in my Vapor Vs, shall I get a 11 in the Asics?

goosala
09-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Yonex SHT-306
Asics Gel Resolution 2
Prince T-20: I think it is by far the most cushioned shoe I have ever worn.

Xisbum
09-29-2009, 04:52 AM
OK. So I've effectively narrowed it down to the Asics Gel Resolution 2 or Vapor VI (like I said, I'm a fan of the Vapor line). I may just buy both.

Now do the Gel Resolutions run true to size? I take an 11 in my Vapor Vs, shall I get a 11 in the Asics?

My foot is a tad smaller than yours (8.5), but my ASICS all fit perfectly. And you'll love the cushioning.

charliefedererer
09-29-2009, 08:36 AM
No, I never do that. Do you have any recommendations?

I have never found a tennis shoe that doesn't have an insole made out of a relatively thin, soft material that quickly compresses down and is then useless for shock absorbtion. Sure, the rest of the shock absorbtion qualities of the shoe should remain, but you lose a significant amount, and in some shoes it seems like most of, the shock absorbtion. Especially since tennis shoe outsoles have to be made of pretty hard rubber to provide durability.
TW's sister site, Running Warehouse, has a pretty wide selection of replacement insoles: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-insoles.html
I've been using the Sof Sole Athlete insole, but the Superfeet Orange seems the most popular in recent threads:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246860
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=264005
After just one or two times on the court, I take out the original insoles, note how they are already compressed across the ball of the foot, and throw them out. They are replaced with the new insole.

By the way, I also think Thorlo socks also make a difference in cushioning.

Shellovic
09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I would say the Nike Air Zoom Vapor VI's

EKnee08
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I had microfracture surgery about a year ago but my knees still ached during and after play. Based on the recommendations of those on this forum, I purchased the asics gel resolution 2 and used them on har-tru last night for the first time and played singles. All I know is that during play, immediately after play and today ( the day after) I have had virtually no discomfort at all. Best I have felt in over two years.