PDA

View Full Version : High Instep

rich s
09-27-2009, 09:21 AM
For those of you with a high instep......what tennis shoes do you typically wear?

schenkelini
09-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think any shoe will provide enough support for a high instep. You are best off buying a shoe that fits you well and then getting an after market insole with a high arch support. I have a high arch and ended up getting plantar faciitis because of the lack of support in modern shoes. The insole that has really helped me is the Powerstep Pinnacle. I am close to full recovery in about 30 days.

rich s
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
The problem I am having is finding a shoe that fits my instep comfortably.....I don't have issues with arch support.

SB
09-28-2009, 06:49 PM
The problem I am having is finding a shoe that fits my instep comfortably.....I don't have issues with arch support.

Make sure the tongue is wide enough, and then there are ways to lace them that doesn't put as much pressure on the instep. Scroll down on this page to the high instep guide: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/Shoe-Sizing-Guide.html

I have this issue; because I have narrow feet, getting them to fit the height can be a pain. I wore Barricade IIs for years, and then it seemed like the tongues got a little smaller or something in the last couple of pair I bought, and I couldn't wear them comfortably anymore (they were cutting into my foot). I switched to Asics, and those seem better.