PDA

View Full Version : Question about FUTURES?

Caracalla
09-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Playing ITFs I know what G5, G3, A tournaments stand for...

now looking at Futures, I often see different numbers like F26, F7, F2 etc.

I would appreciate it if somebody can explain please.. :confused:

example:

Israel F5 Futures
Italy F26 Futures
Germany F17 Futures
Bulgaria F7 Futures
Great Britain F12 Futures
Austria F9 Futures
Croatia F8 Futures
Netherlands F5 Futures
Russia F7 Futures
Thailand F3 Futures
India F9 Futures
Turkey F7 Futures
Brazil F17 Futures
Bolivia F2 Futures
Brazil F18 Futures
Bolivia F3 Futures
Burundi F1 Futures
Argentina F14 Futures
Germany F17B Futures
Israel F6 Futures
Italy F27 Futures
France F13 Futures
Great Britain F13 Futures
Turkey F8 Futures

Caracalla
09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I tried searching via google and couldn't find nothing..

what do these numbers F18, F1, F2 , F9, F26 numbers next to Futures tournaments mean.. it's soooo confusing :(

Tom C
09-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Israel F5 stands for the 5th Future event in Israel that year. The next Future event in Israel would be Israel F6 and so on.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Playing ITFs I know what G5, G3, A tournaments stand for...

now looking at Futures, I often see different numbers like F26, F7, F2 etc.

I would appreciate it if somebody can explain please.. :confused:

example:

Israel F5 Futures
Italy F26 Futures
Germany F17 Futures
Bulgaria F7 Futures
Great Britain F12 Futures
Austria F9 Futures
Croatia F8 Futures
Netherlands F5 Futures
Russia F7 Futures
Thailand F3 Futures
India F9 Futures
Turkey F7 Futures
Brazil F17 Futures
Bolivia F2 Futures
Brazil F18 Futures
Bolivia F3 Futures
Burundi F1 Futures
Argentina F14 Futures
Germany F17B Futures
Israel F6 Futures
Italy F27 Futures
France F13 Futures
Great Britain F13 Futures
Turkey F8 Futures

Its simple really, it stands for Future no ? and then the number that shows how many that country has held so far during that year, and sometimes you see for example USA F15a and USA F15b, that means that country is hosting 2 Futures that week.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 04:27 AM
I tried searching via google and couldn't find nothing..

what do these numbers F18, F1, F2 , F9, F26 numbers next to Futures tournaments mean.. it's soooo confusing :(
I have played some of these Futures so if you need an advice about picking the "best" or "easiest" or whatever just let me know

Caracalla
09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Israel F5 stands for the 5th Future event in Israel that year. The next Future event in Israel would be Israel F6 and so on.

Tom, I appreciate it.. THANKS

Caracalla
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I have played some of these Futures so if you need an advice about picking the "best" or "easiest" or whatever just let me know

THANK YOU!!!

to be honest.. I don't know what to expect because some of the guys I'm going to face are 35y some younger etc... anything really that you can advise me would be of assistance/huge help... Best, Easiest, Expensive, Cheapest...
reservations.. anything really.. and thanks again!!!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
THANK YOU!!!

to be honest.. I don't know what to expect because some of the guys I'm going to face are 35y some younger etc... anything really that you can advise me would be of assistance/huge help... Best, Easiest, Expensive, Cheapest...
reservations.. anything really.. and thanks again!!!
No problems man.
Well, are you gonna travel alone or in a group? Wherever you are going, a group is always the best option imo, training-wise and economically.
The "best" futures imo (from my experience) are the ones in USA,Germany,Spain,Argentina,Brazil.
The easiest (if you can handle the heat, and again from my experiences) are the ones in less developed countries like Uzbekistan,Nigeria,Vietnam,Indonesia,India.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM
No problems man.
Well, are you gonna travel alone or in a group? Wherever you are going, a group is always the best option imo, training-wise and economically.
The "best" futures imo (from my experience) are the ones in USA,Germany,Spain,Argentina,Brazil.
The easiest (if you can handle the heat, and again from my experiences) are the ones in less developed countries like Uzbekistan,Nigeria,Vietnam,Indonesia,India.

It depends really. If you a heading to europe, I say (and I am going next year) go to Eastern Block countries. Main draw cut off is significantly lower at these tournaments compared to countries such as Spain, France, Germany...all the Western Europe countries.

I myself am in the process of planning a 3 month trip next year to Eastern block europe next year.

But if you are just starting out playing futures stay in your own country (or if there is none just stay close to home) because travelling long distances to tournaments where you are most likely not going to be in for a few days is very depressing, especially when your sitting around training for 5 days in between tournaments.

just my 2 c...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
It depends really. If you a heading to europe, I say (and I am going next year) go to Eastern Block countries. Main draw cut off is significantly lower at these tournaments compared to countries such as Spain, France, Germany...all the Western Europe countries.

I myself am in the process of planning a 3 month trip next year to Eastern block europe next year.

But if you are just starting out playing futures stay in your own country (or if there is none just stay close to home) because travelling long distances to tournaments where you are most likely not going to be in for a few days is very depressing, especially when your sitting around training for 5 days in between tournaments.

just my 2 c...

I hear you, and you are making some good points, but ive played futures in Chech Republic, Latvia, Estonia and Poland, and they are NOT easy...
If he gets into the quallies at his own countrys futures, of course he should play, but not every country has many futures. I think USA Spain and Argentina has got the most. Dont ever go to Latvia and Estonia, thats my advice for YOU.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
hahahaha, funny about that...
my trip at the moment consists of:
-Bulgaria
-Serbia
-Georgia
-Estonia
-Lithuania
-Latvia
The only reason why me and a couple of mates chose these was because MD cut off was like 1100, which is alot weaker than the 500 cut off in Spain, Germany, France. But hey, I also know a few weak players who went to Africa and picked up points very very easily at futures over there.

Its all about luck of the draw really.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
hahahaha, funny about that...
my trip at the moment consists of:
-Bulgaria
-Serbia
-Georgia
-Estonia
-Lithuania
-Latvia
The only reason why me and a couple of mates chose these was because MD cut off was like 1100, which is alot weaker than the 500 cut off in Spain, Germany, France. But hey, I also know a few weak players who went to Africa and picked up points very very easily at futures over there.

Its all about luck of the draw really.

Oh...well, i hope you bring lots of "mates" with you because these countries are not Australia...

Vermillion
09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
So if there are cut off at the futures qualifying then what about the people who just started on the circuit? Are there specific tournaments for them as well or is there just an even lower cut off in some places?

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Were not little kids buddy, I think we can handle ourselves. I know heaps of guys who have been to Eastern Europe for up to 6 months at a time, and they say it was awesome. Sorry if some bad stuff happened to you, but there is no need to try and change my mind.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:22 PM
So if there are cut off at the futures qualifying then what about the people who just started on the circuit? Are there specific tournaments for them as well or is there just an even lower cut off in some places?
The cut off are lower at some places consistently, one can look at a certain tournaments history and see what the cut was etc, and if you are unranked you just have too take a chance too get into the quallies, no guarantees.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM

Generally, you can get into quali's without any points, unless the tournaments are really strong. Here in Australia there is around 15-20 players in each qualifying with points, the rest are either young guys trying to quali or older guys who do not have any points. Its pretty tough

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Were not little kids buddy, I think we can handle ourselves. I know heaps of guys who have been to Eastern Europe for up to 6 months at a time, and they say it was awesome. Sorry if some bad stuff happened to you, but there is no need to try and change my mind.
"buddy"?...Alright Hulk. Im not, i was just trying...nevermind. Suit yourself.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Generally, you can get into quali's without any points, unless the tournaments are really strong. Here in Australia there is around 15-20 players in each qualifying with points, the rest are either young guys trying to quali or older guys who do not have any points. Its pretty tough
But hey! Why would you listen too someone whos been ranked 900 in the world! That would be stupid, right?

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Alright Hulk?
what is your problem?
I will suit myself, im not going to let people like you, who had a bad experience because they probably weren't respectful influence my decision.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:27 PM
But hey! Why would you listen too someone whos been ranked 900 in the world! That would be stupid, right?

Good effort, 900.
Why are you trying to pick fights? I couldnt care less if you were Roger Federer.
What's your name, I would like to see proof of your ranking.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Good effort, 900.
Why are you trying to pick fights? I couldnt care less if you were Roger Federer.
What's your name, I would like to see proof of your ranking.
Pick fights? Youve got issues kid, i was trying too give you some good advice about the countries in Eastern-Europe and if you had bothered too listen i would have told you what places in these countries you should avoid etc

GRANITECHIEF
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
A buddy of mine played futures all over the world, including all of the countries mentioned so far in this thread. He made a couple semis and ended up peaking around 750.

He had one great story about after a tourney in South Africa there was big partying, drinking jaeger and trying to ride an ostrich like a bronco.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Alright Hulk?
what is your problem?
I will suit myself, im not going to let people like you, who had a bad experience because they probably weren't respectful influence my decision.
I am very respectful too the native people in every country i go to.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
A buddy of mine played futures all over the world, including all of the countries mentioned so far in this thread. He made a couple semis and ended up peaking around 750.

He had one great story about after a tourney in South Africa there was big partying, drinking jaeger and trying to ride an ostrich like a bronco.
Sounds like he had a good time:)

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Pick fights? Youve got issues kid, i was trying too give you some good advice about the countries in Eastern-Europe and if you had bothered too listen i would have told you what places in these countries you should avoid etc

No, you've got issues. what's your name? If your going to say you were 900 in the world, atleast back it up and provide some evidence.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
No, you've got issues. what's your name? If your going to say you were 900 in the world, atleast back it up and provide some evidence.
I dont, i was trying too help you out, assuming you had never been in Eastern-Europe before, Tobias Steinel-Hansson

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah funny about that.
Tobias Steinel-Hansson is born on the 15th of April 1978.

Yet it says on your profile you are born in September of 1979.

hmmmmm

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah funny about that.
Tobias Steinel-Hansson is born on the 15th of April 1978.

Yet it says on your profile you are born in September of 1979.

hmmmmm
Thats right
Why on Gods earth would i give my name too someone like you?

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh yeah, and why should I believe that you were ranked 900 in the world, and travelled all of Europe battling futures.
oh thats right, cause you didnt. And you decide to give a fake name because you dont have the results. nice one. classy.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh yeah, and why should I believe that you were ranked 900 in the world, and travelled all of Europe battling futures.
oh thats right, cause you didnt. And you decide to give a fake name because you dont have the results. nice one. classy.
Alright, thats great.
Lets just say so.
And good luck with your tournaments.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Good luck with giving 16 year old kids fake names on talk tennis, trying to look sweet. You definetly succeeded today.

FAIL.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Good luck with giving 16 year old kids fake names on talk tennis, trying to look sweet. You definetly succeeded today.

FAIL.
Uhm...ok?? Great
Just a second please

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Just a second so you can find someone born in the same month as you who was ranked around 900 in the world? hahahaha

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Return to the ITF homepage
Jump to more ITF websites
Return to the Mens Circuit homepage
Home Page

Biography Activity Head to Head
PERSSON, Fredrik (SWE)
BIOGRAPHY Display Junior record
Birth Date 19/09/1979
No photo on file
Birth Place
Residence
Nationality Sweden
Height
Plays Unknown
Favourite Surface
Coach
Age Started Tennis
Age Turned Pro
Personal Interests
Father's Name
Mother's Name

RANKING
Rollover

Race
Current Singles
Current Doubles Not Available
Career High Singles 976 * (29 May 2000) *
Career High Doubles 1183 * (22 May 2000) *
Singles Year End
Doubles Year End

WIN - LOSS (Main Draw)
Win

Loss
Current Year Singles
Current Year Doubles
Career Singles (Tour Level Only)
Career Doubles (Tour Level Only)
Career Singles (incl. ITF Challengers and ITF Pro Circuits)
Career Doubles (incl. ITF Challengers and ITF Pro Circuits)

YEAR-END ATP RANKING
Singles

Doubles
There is no Year End Rank Data on file for this player

SINGLES TITLES
There is no Singles Titles Won Data on file for this player

DOUBLES TITLES
There is no Doubles Titles Won data on file for this player

GRAND SLAMS Australian Open Roland Garros Wimbledon US Open
Singles Doubles Singles Doubles Singles Doubles Singles Doubles
There is no Grand Slam data on file for this player

* = Historic rankings data exists for the period post September 2000.
Career high rankings prior to this date are displayed where available.

What is RSS? RSS Feeds from the ITF Contact Us
Copyright by ITF Licensing (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved. No portion of this website may be duplicated, redistributed, or manipulated in any form. By accessing any information beyond this page, you agree to abide by the itftennis.com Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Just a second so you can find someone born in the same month as you who was ranked around 900 in the world? hahahaha
Ok, whatever you say kid.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
BIOGRAPHY Display Junior record

Birth Date 19/09/1979

No photo on file
Birth Place
Residence
Nationality Sweden
Height
Plays Unknown
Favourite Surface
Coach
Age Started Tennis
Age Turned Pro
Personal Interests
Father's Name
Mother's Name

RANKING Rollover Race
Current Singles
Current Doubles Not Available
Career High Singles * *
Career High Doubles 1183 * (22 May 2000) *
Singles Year End
Doubles Year End

WIN - LOSS (Main Draw) Win Loss
Current Year Singles
Current Year Doubles
Career Singles (Tour Level Only)
Career Doubles (Tour Level Only)
Career Singles (incl. ITF Challengers and ITF Pro Circuits)
Career Doubles (incl. ITF Challengers and ITF Pro Circuits)

YEAR-END ATP RANKING Singles Doubles
There is no Year End Rank Data on file for this player

SINGLES TITLES
There is no Singles Titles Won Data on file for this player

DOUBLES TITLES
There is no Doubles Titles Won data on file for this player

GRAND SLAMS Australian Open Roland Garros Wimbledon US Open
Singles Doubles Singles Doubles Singles Doubles Singles Doubles
There is no Grand Slam data on file for this player

YOU FAIL AT LIFE

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:57 PM
And still i would spank your butt easily

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You Fail. So Hard. And Now Everyone On Talk Tennis Can See It.

Bahahaha

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You Fail. So Hard. And Now Everyone On Talk Tennis Can See It.

Bahahaha
Thats alright, ive still accomplished a lot more than you ever will.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
hahahahaahahahahahaahahahaahahaha

thanks for giving me a laugh, it made my day.

quality responses

HAHAHAHA IM STILL LAUGHING

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
hahahahaahahahahahaahahahaahahaha

thanks for giving me a laugh, it made my day.

quality responses

HAHAHAHA IM STILL LAUGHING
Thats great man.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha, ohhh goddd.

oh one more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha, ohhh goddd.

oh one more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fantastic stuff.
Why dont you play the Australian futures? Are you aware of that the Eastern European futures are on clay? Not much clay around Melbourne?

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:06 PM
i do play the australian futures, but I am only 16 so I still am battling it out in qualis.

something that you would know about, rigght ;)

and i don't know if your aware, but there is heaps of clay courts in Melbourne, as clay (porous) is the main surface of melbourne!

hahahahahahahaa

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
i do play the australian futures, but I am only 16 so I still am battling it out in qualis.

something that you would know about, rigght ;)

and i don't know if your aware, but there is heaps of clay courts in Melbourne, as clay (porous) is the main surface of melbourne!

hahahahahahahaa
Yes i do know about battling it out in quallies, alright i only had a doubles-ranking, big deal, although i beat a couple of players ranked around 1000.
Ok, i didnt know i thought it was HC grass and rebound ace all over the country.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:11 PM
then why did you lie mate? It would have been alot more respectful if you had of said, I never got a singles point, but had about 15 doubles points. but you had too lie and i found you out and now you just look like a fool

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:15 PM
then why did you lie mate? It would have been alot more respectful if you had of said, I never got a singles point, but had about 15 doubles points. but you had too lie and i found you out and now you just look like a fool
Because you started calling me "buddy" when i was about too give you some useful advices. I figured you probably would lidten then. Yes, a fool who held 14 atp-points.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:16 PM
14 doubles points. a bit of a difference than 14 singles points.

And sorry I called you "buddy"
I didn't know it was such a derogatory word.
:confused:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
14 doubles points. a bit of a difference than 14 singles points.

And sorry I called you "buddy"
I didn't know it was such a derogatory word.
:confused:
It is, but still 14 points. It "sounded" degrading as if you knew everything and i knew nothing, but might just have been a language-barrior!? Nevermind.
And if you are only 16 then you really would need some advice, its nice that friends of yours gave you some but still.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Not too sound cocky, but alot of my friends are very very very VERY good players.
I think i am more inclined to take their advice over a person on talk tennis.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Not too sound cocky, but alot of my friends are very very very VERY good players.
Alright then , do as you want. Good luck.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
By the way, do you know Daniel Berta? He is from the same city as i am, i used to practice with him until a year ago, now i dont have a chance against him.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Who doesn't know who he is. He's one of the best juniors in the world.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Who doesn't know who he is. He's one of the best juniors in the world.
I know, the last 15 months has been insane for him.
Last weekend he had set-point against a guy who is 280 in the world, and he will turn 17 in 2 months.

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
yeah, he was down in melbourne playing summer circuit/ aussie open. He made semis of the tournament i played in

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah, he was down in melbourne playing summer circuit/ aussie open. He made semis of the tournament i played in
Was that the one where he lost to Obry?

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah. I lost to federico gaio first round

got raped

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:40 PM
yeah. I lost to federico gaio first round

got raped
I remember that, but he beat him this summer.
Well that was a tough first round though

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I had to quali and did so your always bound to get a tough first round. I wasnt angry but, he's a sick player.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I had to quali and did so your always bound to get a tough first round. I wasnt angry but, he's a sick player.
Yeah, what was his seeding?
Well that might have been a good learning experience, as a junior, if you are mature enough to learn a few things when being raped youve come a long way imo. Lots off juniors just tank it away and learns nada. Just my 2 cents

pricey_aus
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
He wasn't seeded, but i think he let his ranking drop becaause he was playing futures.
sorry about before, no offence about what i said.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
09-29-2009, 03:53 PM
He wasn't seeded, but i think he let his ranking drop becaause he was playing futures.
sorry about before, no offence about what i said.
I see, thats a tough decision too make, Berta is starting to play his Futures now.
Thats alright, no worries !:)

T1000
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I have a couple of dumb questions. I'm not really familiar with tournaments other than USTA so any help would be appreciated.

1. What exactly are futures? Who plays them and what are the rewards?

2. How do you sign up for them?

3. When/what level should you start/be at to play in them?

Thanks

downthewall
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
this thread is kinda funny. first you like each other, then you hate , then you become friends. just play tennis

nfor304
10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I have a couple of dumb questions. I'm not really familiar with tournaments other than USTA so any help would be appreciated.

1. What exactly are futures? Who plays them and what are the rewards?

2. How do you sign up for them?

3. When/what level should you start/be at to play in them?

Thanks

1.Futures are the lowest level of professional events. There is prize money, but most players play them to gain atp ranking points. Most players play them as their first step on to the professional tour, and as such they are mostly played by top juniors, guys just coming from the juniors, or older journeymen types/guys coming back from injuries/layoffs.

2. You sign up for them through itftennis.com/mens. You must first get an iPin, which is like your registration for itf events.

3. Since they are professional events, you need to be very good (5.5 or higher) to have any success in them.

For more information see www.itftennis.com/mens

tomas9848
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
they are just like the number of futures in a country. Like US F1 would be the first future that year and so on.

Caracalla
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
TheMagicianOfPrecision,

pricey_aus,

everyone else too T H A N K S!!!

Caracalla
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
with iPin number you can only register AFAIK to play futures not challengers tournaments .. I asked one lady at ITF over the phone and she simply said you have to get where ever the challengers tournament is and wait in line. lol.. (but the crazy thin she said is you need to be there, like I'm going to pay for the air tickets and hotel just to be able to talk to somebody and wait in line hahaha) I don't think that is the case, but if it is.. something has to seriously change..

any of you guys know how do you register for challengers tournaments and if there is an iPin sort of registration process or other alternatives.. ?

nfor304
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
with iPin number you can only register AFAIK to play futures not challengers tournaments .. I asked one lady at ITF over the phone and she simply said you have to get where ever the challengers tournament is and wait in line. lol.. (but the crazy thin she said is you need to be there, like I'm going to pay for the air tickets and hotel just to be able to talk to somebody and wait in line hahaha) I don't think that is the case, but if it is.. something has to seriously change..

any of you guys know how do you register for challengers tournaments and if there is an iPin sort of registration process or other alternatives.. ?

That's how the registration process for qualifiers used to be for futures tournaments too up until recently. I've never played a challenger event so I have no idea....I think challengers are run by the ATP rather than the Itf, so that would be the reason for the difference.

Honestly though your not going to be able to get into a challenger qualifying draw unless you have an atp ranking. You can get in sometimes though if they fail to get enough players to fill the draw, but a challenger qualifying field is always tougher than a futures qualifying field.

To get into a futures event you use your ipin to register for an event ahead of time online and then an entry list is published after the registration deadline closes. You look on the list and you will see if you are in the main draw, qualifying or alternate list. You get into the events based on your atp ranking or your national ranking if you do not have an atp ranking. If you dont have an atp ranking you will almost certainly be in the qualifying or alternate list. If you want a better chance of getting into the qualifying you need to play in places that aren't likely to attract a high number of players, places like Senegal or Saudi Arabia for example.

How old are you? If your under 18 you should play itf junior events before you think about playing futures. The tournament grading system is a little more lenient to players just starting out in itf tournaments in the juniors than it is on the mens itf tour.

You will still need an ipin to play itf juniors also.

This is a typical futures qualifying draw:
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetId=RDM40077.671221794

Most players here are unranked but are put into the draw based on their national ranking.

and this is a typical challenger qualifying draw:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/3433/qs.pdf

More highly ranked players but this one seems to have had a few open places in the draw since the last direct acceptance was 'bye'