PDA

View Full Version : After High School?

Mikey Fresh
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Sadly I dont think I have what it takes to play college tennis. Even though im a sophmore I dont have the finance to get to that level in 2 years. so i was wondering what is there to do after you are to old for 18's ustas

tennismom42
09-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Sadly I dont think I have what it takes to play college tennis. Even though im a sophmore I dont have the finance to get to that level in 2 years. so i was wondering what is there to do after you are to old for 18's ustasLearn how to spell "too old" before you leave high school.

otherwise, go play tennis in community college, play futures, play adult USTA.

Mikey Fresh
09-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Learn how to spell "too old" before you leave high school.

otherwise, go play tennis in community college, play futures, play adult USTA.

sorry i dont proof read my posts....

AlexTennisAllDayLong
09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
yeah man, i felt the same in high school, i was in state that didn't have much tennis, so never won anything in USTA tournaments, even though im solid 4.0, didnt feel like i would get much.

soo....i just play adult stuff now, its not bad, just waiting a bit to go to college, getting better, make sure i get on a team when its time for school again

Adult aint bad, even though i enjoyed junior tournaments more, playing old guys aint much fun, and there are a lot more usta junior tournaments

Mikey Fresh
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
yeah man, i felt the same in high school, i was in state that didn't have much tennis, so never won anything in USTA tournaments, even though im solid 4.0, didnt feel like i would get much.

soo....i just play adult stuff now, its not bad, just waiting a bit to go to college, getting better, make sure i get on a team when its time for school again

Adult aint bad, even though i enjoyed junior tournaments more, playing old guys aint much fun, and there are a lot more usta junior tournaments

ive seen some of the adult leagues and they are preaty bad. I beat my friends dad who is a solid 4.5

AlexTennisAllDayLong
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
ive seen some of the adult leagues and they are preaty bad. I beat my friends dad who is a solid 4.5

i don't even like watching most adult leagues, too much, hardly any energy in their games, and some weird techniques lol...so yeh thats what waiting for u after 18s ahah

hammer
09-30-2009, 02:42 PM
You can always participate in the USTA On Campus program if your college has it.

coyfish
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Are you planning on going to college? Im a senior in college and I played intramurals, on the college tennis club team, and some USTA 3.0-5.0 tournies. Also found plenty of friends to hit with.

Tons of opportunities to play. Much more than in high school.

skyzoo
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Sadly I dont think I have what it takes to play college tennis. Even though im a sophmore I dont have the finance to get to that level in 2 years. so i was wondering what is there to do after you are to old for 18's ustas
Dude, eat sushi for a living. That's what I'll be doing instead of practicing in college during the season.

ahile02
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I really think that if you want to play college tennis, there's a spot for you. It may not be a DI, DII, or even DIII level, but there's the NJCAA and many community college leagues and such. I

deddied
10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Or NAIA man.

Mikey Fresh
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I really think that if you want to play college tennis, there's a spot for you. It may not be a DI, DII, or even DIII level, but there's the NJCAA and many community college leagues and such. I

I would rather go to a good school over playing tennis, I do to much to try to get into good colleges to go to community for tennis.