PDA

View Full Version : Longboat Key around Christmas ?

atatu
09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Is the weather pretty decent or is it hit or miss ? I went a little further south last year to Sanibel Island and the weather was great, wondering if anyone has any thoughts on Longboat Key ?

GS
09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
I've read that Sarasota's weather in December has a high around 74 in the day and a low of 53 at night. That's about what I experienced there in February a few years ago.
I also was thinking about Longboat Key this winter---Destin sounds like a nice place, but can be alittle cold up there then.
Maybe I'll see you on the claycourts. Nice white sand beaches, too!

Power Player
09-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Florida is awesome in the winter. I am loving it right now already at 65 degrees.

TennisCoachFLA
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
We just moved over to Sarasota 2 weeks ago and love it. The locals tell me the weather is absolutely perfect around Christmas time.

This is heaven for us, tennis everywhere and the gulf beaches blow the Atlantic beaches away.

SuperDuy
10-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Do you get hurricanes? ^^

tennisphotog
10-13-2009, 06:26 AM
while florida weather is almost always good in the winter, they do get one or two weeks where temps can be near freezing. Beware, it happened to us one year and really ruined all of our plans for a sunny warm vacation.

cigrmaster
10-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I have lived in Sarasota for the last 6.5 years and the weather around Christmas has always been very sunny and usually around 70 degrees. It can get in the 50's once in a while though.

TennisCoachFLA
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Do you get hurricanes? ^^

When we lived on the east coast in Jupiter we got slammed several times in 2004. You never know, sometimes you can go decades in a spot without getting hit. The good news is that they are not a surprise, you can leave well before hand if you want.