PDA

View Full Version : Finished with Nike.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Well, I am now in my mid thirties, and wore the McEnroe Air Zoom Trainers when they were first released in the 80's..

I am now sporting the latest creations and love them. But I have to say that in the last 2 years, the shirts that I have purchased from TW have been absolute crap.. Logo's falling off, print dissolving, and simply poor fit..

What sealed the deal today was my wife bought a new Nike T-shirt on the weekend. Wore it once, and the text on the shirt has already started to peal off..

After trying Adidas of late, I am finding their stuff to be a lot more durable...

Adidas it is...

roddickslammer
10-01-2009, 05:59 AM
only problem is that nike looks cooler than adidas.........

gflyer
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
I only have one nike t-shirt, but I have at least 5 shorts and 2 pairs of courtballistec and I have to say I am totally happy.
I am sorry you have problems. that's not what you expect from nike, I agree with you.

Spatula
10-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Feel better now?

hellonewman
10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
sorry to hear that. i've bought about 15 Nike T-shirts (just t-shirts, no collared polo shirts) from TW in the past 2 years and have been happy with them. A few shorts, too.

The_Question
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Logo's falling off, print dissolving, and simply poor fit..

What sealed the deal today was my wife bought a new Nike T-shirt on the weekend. Wore it once, and the text on the shirt has already started to peal off..

Sounds like you love using the dryer...a lot...in high temp...

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Sounds like you love using the dryer...a lot...in high temp...

Don't own one. All hung dry..

In fact one shirt TW sent me didn't even have the nike logo on the chest where it should have been, and another started to peal off after the first use..

As for nike looking cooler.. I did the dayglo thing the first time around, so not interested in a rehash of the late 80's again. Also, the pirate look never got my interest either..

I am not trying to advertise Adidas, but it just has a more classic look and feel.. And I find my Adidas gear is as tough as nails, with 90% of my stuff with stitched logo's on the shirt and shorts..

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Feel better now?

We have a winner..

Troll of the thread award for entering a thread for no good reason. Other than to be an arse..

You win...

raygo
10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I noticed the same thing with the increase in Adidas quality. Their clothes tend to be a bit higher quality for the same price as Nike...a bit thicker material, for example. I've loved their designs this year so far, dating back to the 'Verdasco' shirt and all its variants.

Side by side comparison, Nikes are thin and flimsy by comparison. Shame. Up to this year, at least their designs were cooler. Then they got into the stripe thing at the French, and that was the last straw.

SempreSami
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
only problem is that nike looks cooler than adidas.........

Errr, no. :roll:

dy3versity
10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Bad luck..? I have like nike everything, from basketball, football, and tennis, so far nothing has really faded/come off/ripped except for the ones that are abused and that's after some very rigorous use too.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Your so "like" lucky!

lol.