PDA

View Full Version : Nike Free?

Hominator
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyone play tennis in Nike Free crosstrainers? I have a pair on order for gym workouts and was wondering what people's experience with these were...

Thanks!

WildVolley
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I haven't worn them, but I've been told they aren't very durable shoes. I doubt they'd last very long on hard courts.

runningmann
10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
no lateral traction, no ankle support for movement,

it would be a very bad idea. The shoes are meant as a training aid for serious runners and weightlifting, to develop the muscles that usually are disregarded during regular shoe use.

tennisoh
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
No offense, but that would probably be the worst idea ever. I have a pair of these shoes and they are definitely not meant for tennis.

kutafon
11-12-2009, 08:07 PM
they are as useful as slippers pretty much

Capt. Willie
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
The Hell with the Nike Free, get a pair of Vibram Five Fingers to play in. :rolleyes:

spacediver
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
played tennis with the free 5.0's and 7.0's. The 5.0's wore out very fast but the 7.0's were more durable.

I rolled my ankle one too many times wearing them so bought some cb 1.3's and have had no ankle problems since.

However, my knees are starting to hurt and I think it may be because the shock is now being absorbed in the knees instead of my ankles. Have an appointment later this month with a sports medicine doctor so will find out more then hopefully.

The nike free line has been updated to the sparq's i think. Bought some free sparq 09's and they're very nice, though I don't use them for tennis.

featherlight
11-12-2009, 09:53 PM
why don't you just get tennis shoes , they prevent more injuries from happening

iliketennis
11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd suggest actual tennis shoes. The Nike frees just aren't built for tennis, they're build for running which has less lateral movement. Also the material isn't as durable because they're built for running and not dragging your toes and such.

Hominator
11-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Yeah, after working out in my frees, there's no way I'd play tennis in them. The Nike Free Sparqs are great-looking and comfortable shoes, but it'd be like playing tennis in running shoes...worse even.

That said, I sometimes wear them when I'm using the ball machine for light hitting or teaching my wife.