PDA

View Full Version : Cushy, light shoe recommendations

dangros
10-03-2009, 07:20 AM
I prefer a very light, cushy shoe. I run really hard on the court so I use the Prince OC-1's. My favorite shoe has been the Nike Breaths but the toe box is SLIGHTLY too narrow and it wrecks my little toes.
1) if anyone from Nike is watching PLEEEEEASE make that shoe in a EE size... PLEASE!?
2) does any one recommend another shoe? Even another Prince.

Shellovic
10-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I recommend the vapor VI. Have them myself and also had the IV and the V. The VI is very light, just like any other vapor and has a great cushioning. A lot better than its predecessors.

dangros
10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
says that the toe box is tapered/narrow. That's the problem with the nike shoes. They crush your toe

dangros
10-03-2009, 07:15 PM
...if you are a quick with lateral movement... or in my case, scrambling to get to the ball :)

jrod
10-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Best cushioned performance on the market hands down is the Asics Gel Resolution 2. Only downside is durability isn't great. I get about 80 hours max out of a pair on hard courts. If you do a search you'll find this shoe has a pretty loyal following. The only reason pro's don't use it more is Nike and Adidas have much more marketing muscle, but the shoe is very popular with players on the challenger and college circuits where sponsorship $'s are less prevalent.

Love50
10-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I have used the OC-1 (and have no problems using it again). The OC-1 was a good fit for my feet as it has a straighter last than say a Prince T series (the last is curved), which sounds like the same problem with your Nike's.

My current shoe (Lotto Syn-Raptor Xtreme Speed) seems to fit me fine but I don't think it is any lighter than the OC-1 :-) It does however have the type of outsole shape/texture that lends itself to faster first step??!? Not sure if I can explain it right but using the Prince example, OC-1 seems slower on the first step than a T10.

dangros
04-15-2012, 06:24 AM
I got the Prince T22's. They were ok but they crushed felt as if the shoe laces hurt the top of my feet. This even happened yesterday when all I did was practice serving for 2 hours - no running around! That was the last straw for those.
I went home and ordered the Vapors. They will be here in a couple days.

I recommend the vapor VI. Have them myself and also had the IV and the V. The VI is very light, just like any other vapor and has a great cushioning. A lot better than its predecessors.

GS
04-15-2012, 07:13 AM
If those Prince T22s are a size 10.5, I'll buy em.

dangros
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
sorry they are worn down a bit and size 10
If those Prince T22s are a size 10.5, I'll buy em.