PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Islamabad, Pakistan

bubs
10-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Hi all,

Ive been a pretty active tennis player in the US where I was rated 4.0 (computer ranking). I am now based out of Islamabad, Pakistan and am having trouble finding good players for a regular hit

Please message me if you play well and are looking for a regular hitting partner

slice bh compliment
10-05-2009, 06:18 AM
bubs, consider yourself very blessed...what an incredible opportunity! I would love to be there. I would waste no time in booking a lesson or two with the great Mahboob Khan. I would ask him to warm-up with me, do a few drills and end with a set or two each day. Then I would ask him to discuss religion and politics over some tea or juice or something. Of course, this might take an entire weekend, but it would be well worth it!

bubs
10-06-2009, 08:50 PM
hmm, is that sarcasm I detect :)

slice bh compliment
10-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Hahaha, yeah, I'm poking fun at his arguments here about religion and politics.

I would definitely try to get a couple of hours with him on the court, though. He knows tennis, he's raised a daughter who can clearly play, and I'm sure he'd be a good opponent and coach.

OR maybe you're not looking for lessons....maybe Khan can set you up with some players at your level. He probably knows the whole Islamabad tennis scene.

ollinger
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Mahboob will have you serving bombs.

sureshs
10-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Mahboob will have you serving bombs.

Not funny at all

SuperDuy
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
LMAOO ollinger

Kam2010
01-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Im bumping this as I am going to pakistan and was wondering if anyone here actually plays tennis there? Islamabad or anywhere in Kashmir, I was told there are tennis courts there in Mirpur...
Not sure if it's worth taking rackets with me?

peoplespeace
01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Im bumping this as I am going to pakistan and was wondering if anyone here actually plays tennis there? Islamabad or anywhere in Kashmir, I was told there are tennis courts there in Mirpur...
Not sure if it's worth taking rackets with me?

a guy called bubs who posts here will be playing there, send him a pm, he is 4.0 computer ranking.

Kam2010
01-21-2012, 01:59 AM
will do thanks ^
I was wondering where Mahboob Khan is?
If anyone comes across one of his posts lately message him to look in this section as I can't pm him
Thanks