10-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Wish I had come up with this:

http://www.thesouthbuttweb.com/

featherlight
10-05-2009, 07:52 AM
What the hell!!!!!!!!!! , is this

Shellovic
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
This is so sad. It's the worst imitation i've ever seen!
This fake Northern Face **** is even too crappy for wanderers.

skyzoo
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
This is so sad. It's the worst imitation i've ever seen!
This fake Northern Face **** is even too crappy for wanderers.
I think its just north face, I would beat some one if I saw them wearing this

Shellovic
10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't know. It's the same logo yes. But they don't have any decent stuff. Haha i agree, i would beat them too.

AR15
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
What is "crappy" about it?

North Face is just cheap Fleece with an exorbitant price tag. You can buy Fleece jackets of the same weight and quality at NF all day long for a fraction of the NF price.

Shellovic
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
That isn't totally true. I found that NF has a good quality. I don't say that there are no cheaper brands with the same quality, but these are very hard to find.
But this southernbutt doesn't have any normal products. Only a few 1dollar shirts, underwear and fleeces.
Northern Face's collection is a bit bigger, just a bit.

AR15
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM
That isn't totally true. I found that NF has a good quality. I don't say that there are no cheaper brands with the same quality, but these are very hard to find.
But this southernbutt doesn't have any normal products. Only a few 1dollar shirts, underwear and fleeces.
Northern Face's collection is a bit bigger, just a bit.

As someone who ownes both NF and a cheaper jacket that cost 25% of the NF price, I can tell you that they both keep me equally warm, and they both are equally durable. NF quality is no higher than the perceived quality of Guess Jeans over Levis.

The kid running this company hasn't even attempted to get as large as NF.

I ordered one of the South Butt jackets for my son. It may turn out to be not the quality of NF, but for the price, I'm betting it will be a good value.

Don't be a brand snob. You owe NF nothing.

carrwash13
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
North Face's higher end stuff is definitely better quality. They do a great job with mountain climbing snow gear and far greater than most cheaper brands. If I was gonna be trapped in the mtn's I'd definitely take their stuff over any cheaper brands.

AR15
10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
North Face's higher end stuff is definitely better quality. They do a great job with mountain climbing snow gear and far greater than most cheaper brands. If I was gonna be trapped in the mtn's I'd definitely take their stuff over any cheaper brands.

99.9% of their stuff is sold to college and high school kids. I don't think they're buying it for survival - they're buying it for the logo.

Shellovic
10-05-2009, 03:13 PM
As someone who ownes both NF and a cheaper jacket that cost 25% of the NF price, I can tell you that they both keep me equally warm, and they both are equally durable. NF quality is no higher than the perceived quality of Guess Jeans over Levis.

The kid running this company hasn't even attempted to get as large as NF.

I ordered one of the South Butt jackets for my son. It may turn out to be not the quality of NF, but for the price, I'm betting it will be a good value.

Don't be a brand snob. You owe NF nothing.

As someone who also ownes both NF and a cheaper jacket i can say that the NF quality is better for sure. Quality is more than just keeping warm. It's also finishing, fitting, keeping colour, not washed out quickly etc. as you might know?

It's great for you you ordered A South Butt jacket, but don't call me a brand snob because of your lack of knowledge.

carrwash13
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
99.9% of their stuff is sold to college and high school kids. I don't think they're buying it for survival - they're buying it for the logo.

I was talking about quality of the clothing not who it's sold to. I don't buy it for survival either but my point is it's made better. I've had the same North Face jacket for 10 years and it still looks brand new after very vigorous activities. Any other jacket I've owned that long has always fallen apart.