PDA

View Full Version : a problem with my oreo's

chitennis21
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
on the right shoe, the upper left eyelit digs deep into the side of my foot, and tears the skin. i then put the laces through those upper eyelits, and it seems to be easier on my foot. did this happen to anyone else? right where the eyelit meets the foot.

The_Question
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
That is a common problem around here. Most people just rip/pop out the eyelid, problem solved!!

Shellovic
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I did the same thing. Just like 'The_Question' said: problem solved..
immediately.

smack that
10-05-2009, 03:33 PM
wear long socks if it is a option

Confusedaboutgear
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
i got used to mine......

weaselberry
10-06-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm assuming it's the uppermost eyelet on the inside (big toe side of foot vs pinky toe side of foot) of each shoe? Common problem. Take some wire cutters (****s) & snip the clear outer ring of the eyelet on the inside of the shoe. Remove said outer ring. Then grab the remaining portion of the eyelet with your fingers or some pliers and pull it out. Piece of cake. You'll be amazed at how much better the shoes feel.

-wb

ahile02
10-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Just for clarification, are we talking about the upper left side as in the ankle? I feel a slight discomfort as well. But I am in love with these shoes. period.

JoelDali
10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Mine are fattening... :(

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/emily18_34/oreocups.jpg

JoelDali
10-07-2009, 07:02 AM
But I am in love with these shoes. period.

Me too, very much so. My footwork feels cleaner, the cushioning is great, and they look fantastico.

ahile02
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm still breaking them in a bit, but they feel incredible. And they're seriously the best looking tennis shoes I've ever seen. And, they match my Speed Pro! :)

chitennis21
10-07-2009, 07:51 PM
they are great shoes, and i will be following everyone's advice and simply removing the troublesome eyelid. it seems as though its a common issue, and i appreciate the feedback on a simple solution!

one thing i still am not sure about, though, is everyone's gushing over these shoes! yes, as much as I love them too, i will still play devils advocate and say they are the exact same shoe that has been around but just in a new color way.

ac3111
10-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, I must be having a similar problem. The left side of my right ankle and the right side of my left ankle come into contact with the side of the shoe where there is the shoelace hole. That's when I move horizontally and especially when I bend my foot/leg to move sideways...
I tried the 41/8 Us size and there is no problem because the shoelace hole is more forward but the 8 size is half an inch longer than my foot...
I will try to put some silicon sticky pieces there and if that does not work I may remove the metal part from the shoehole but I am afraid that it's not that metallic thing causing the discomfort but the fact that the ankle area collides with the side of the shoe when trying to move sideways...

JoelDali
10-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Ha, I agree. I never tried Rogers rubber vapors because I don't do black shoes, the baby blues, or the goldies.

But these oreos rock my socks. I want more. More dammit.

:)

JoelDali
10-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Edit.

Dupe post.

ahile02
10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I tried weasel's suggestion on removing the plastic and eyelets from the shoe and it's worked great so far. I was a bit hesistant at first, but success.

ac3111
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
One not very radical solution is the tiptoes invisible gel. I attached them on the shoelace holes.
Eyelet is the hole where the laces comes through? What plastic did you remove?
Could you upload a photo?
Thanks.

ac3111
10-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Well discomfort disappeared after attaching the silicon gel and the shoes started taking the shape of the shoe.
They are phenomenal, I have been running like hell today...
Amazing shoe. Later on the evening I went to a shoe repairer and showed him the eyelets of the shoe and said why on earth did they put that plastic and metallic thing there. I told him to take them off and I will check them tomorrow now having the option to use all shoelace holes since I removed the silicon gels that covered the eyelets...
So far so good...

aleexxxxx
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Mine came in the mail today. Amazing. I love them, can't wait to wear them out

ahile02
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Well discomfort disappeared after attaching the silicon gel and the shoes started taking the shape of the shoe.
They are phenomenal, I have been running like hell today...
Amazing shoe. Later on the evening I went to a shoe repairer and showed him the eyelets of the shoe and said why on earth did they put that plastic and metallic thing there. I told him to take them off and I will check them tomorrow now having the option to use all shoelace holes since I removed the silicon gels that covered the eyelets...
So far so good...

*Sorry I couldn't post pics. Having some camera problems. Yeah the shoes feel much better once you remove those pesky eyelets from the last set on the inside-side of the shoe.

Evry1hateslefties
10-11-2009, 02:22 PM
i love mine so much! especially once i put in a really nice insole. nike puts in the bare minimum when it comes to insoles

Classic_Obsession
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
What is "oreo's" ?

SempreSami
10-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Grammatically incorrect way of saying Oreos.

chinobambino
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I used a staple remover (looks like jaws) and removed the inside ring of plastic, and then used a pair of pliars to take that ring off. Once that's off, then the eyelet comes off.

Instant comfort.

ac3111
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
This must become sticky... It becomes a different shoe when you remove those useless eyelets and plastic ring...
Why Nike had to do this...

JoelDali
10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
This must become sticky... It becomes a different shoe when you remove those useless eyelets and plastic ring...
Why Nike had to do this...

Not for me. My only gripe about the eyelets is the tiny laces. I barely have slack to tie them up.

My main issue lately is on my left foot, where the shoe creases as your foot bends, the resulting rubber is creating a makeshift blunt dagger that is sort of digging into my top left foot beneath the toe next to pinky toe. I should take a pic of what I mean. But look at the shoe when you take a step, you see it crease, that resulting crease is digging into me.

I guess since the rubberized construction doesn't give too much its creating a strange sensation when walking...I'm not sure if this will become a huge problem but its something I'm noticing, and I'm sort of bumming on this new 'issue' with my beloved shoes... :)

Anyone relate?

ac3111
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
You feel as some part of your foot sits taller than the rest? as there is something like a bump?

HeadPro
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
o...m...g... my oreas should arrive this week. hellz ya

JoelDali
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Played on hard tru tonight. Oreos performed well. Dirty. :(

ahile02
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
You are brave to play on Har-Tru with those bad boys. I am babying mine severely. These shoes without the eyelets/(inlets?) feel orgasmic.

Karlovic's Sunglasses
10-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't wear eyes next time, get contacts.

slice bh compliment
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
What is "oreo's" ?

Grammatically incorrect way of saying Oreos.

Nice.

Oreos are a Nike shoe with two main colors. Two designers are responsible for them. One is African American. The other is a honkey. I mean, a cracka.

ci2ca
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
THEYRE SOLD OUT ON NIKE.COM! So I can't use my voucher. =[