PDA

View Full Version : most comfortable shoes

jim.kim1980
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
i play tennis as a hobby, but i do play quite often, usually about 3 or 4 times a week. i think i have been playing with too much intensity for my shoes, and my toes got a little banged up. since tennis is just a hobby for me i've just been using some decently-priced shoes, namely the nike del mar II and most recently nike city court IV. i've done some research and i understand that nikes have some narrow toe-boxes which could be causing me some unneccessary pressure. what i'm asking are the best shoes for my situation. i don't really need so much of anything else, as long as the shoes will be good for my toes. thanks a lot!

skyzoo
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
try babolat Team all court 4. hands down the most comforatable shoes you'll ever wear. also they are crzy light.

vinnier6
10-08-2009, 01:01 PM
i play tennis as a hobby, but i do play quite often, usually about 3 or 4 times a week. i think i have been playing with too much intensity for my shoes, and my toes got a little banged up. since tennis is just a hobby for me i've just been using some decently-priced shoes, namely the nike del mar II and most recently nike city court IV. i've done some research and i understand that nikes have some narrow toe-boxes which could be causing me some unneccessary pressure. what i'm asking are the best shoes for my situation. i don't really need so much of anything else, as long as the shoes will be good for my toes. thanks a lot!

if your playing that much, you are going to have to step out of the entry level tennis shoe and try a more elite shoe...i have found the nike breathe cage shoe to do well....

Prostaffer
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
if your playing that much, you are going to have to step out of the entry level tennis shoe and try a more elite shoe...i have found the nike breathe cage shoe to do well....

yes and no. nike's can have some narrow toe boxes, i used to suffer from the same.

and 3-4 is quite a bit of tennis my friend. you are no slouch. i have no toe box issues with breath cages if you want to stay nike. i remember barricades having nice toe boxes, but i haven't played the newest version.

i would look at the breath cage II. they have a good following, mine have lasted a good bit, toes are nice although i still get some issues around my pinkies, but i get that with basketball shoes as well.

you can also find breath cage II for decent prices if your not into paying 90 or more for tennis shoes.

or find some oscillates? never tried em but the materials indicate to me they may be softer around the toe box.

ilikephobo
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
propulse IIs are really really comfortable. however arch support could be better.

no break in time required with propulse II, its like 360 pillows/cushions for your feet.

Roddickfan155
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Reebok Match Day Pump. most padded and comfortable shoe ever produced. u gotta have calf muscles the size of dumpsters to wear em cuz they weigh like 22 oz

fuzz nation
10-08-2009, 06:12 PM
The descriptions in the individual pages for shoes at TW can be quite helpful for determining which ones have that extra room in the toe box. I used to use Prince Vipers, but always needed an extra pair of socks due to their width. They were cut with good accommodations for the toes (NFS design!) and I've more recently tried a couple others with less room up front - the good news was that their descriptions said so.

If you have a medium-to-wide foot, make sure that your shoes are suited to them - more often, those will also have some room in the toe area.

jim.kim1980
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
i think i forgot to mention that i have a problem with the big toe on my right foot(dominant). at first i got the blood underneath the toenail, and then eventually i had to have the toenail taken out through a little surgery. if this leads you guys to any shoes, please let me know! i am seriously considering the nike breath cage IIs, although 90dollars is quite expensive for me

Prostaffer
10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
you can find breath cage II on the bay for around 50-60. hope that helps!

luckily i've never had a toe problem, so i hope my reccomendation doesn't steer you the wrong way. maybe someone can help in terms of barricades? i had the iv's which should be cheap now, and thought they had a roomy toe box.

Ronaldo
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM
May try a half size larger next time.

Prostaffer
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
May try a half size larger next time.

+ 1
word to your... 10 characters

MikeC
10-09-2009, 11:00 PM
i have a wide foot and the breath cage II fits fine (i love them, i live in hawaii where its super hot and these shoes do BREATH) no toe problems at all. but i recommend actually going to a store to try out the fit because nike shoe sizes are not standard.

but if your looking for something with great traction then go with the barricades or the cc genius
the nike vapors are good too but with your toe problem i wouldnt get them.

jim.kim1980
10-10-2009, 10:54 AM
has anyone tried the nike air oscillates? they are a bit cheaper and it seems to be that they are great shoes.

and could someone explain the reason for buying a half size larger? it seems to me that if i try to run and stop very quickly, if the length is too long then my toes will ram into the front? in that case, should i buy shoes that are slim enough and long enough that my toes will never reach the front? seems like a great idea!

Ronaldo
10-10-2009, 12:54 PM
has anyone tried the nike air oscillates? they are a bit cheaper and it seems to be that they are great shoes.

and could someone explain the reason for buying a half size larger? it seems to me that if i try to run and stop very quickly, if the length is too long then my toes will ram into the front? in that case, should i buy shoes that are slim enough and long enough that my toes will never reach the front? seems like a great idea!

The Oscillates have a shallow toebox so not only will your toes jam against the end of the shoe but the upper also can rub your toes raw. Especially if you wear thick socks like Thor-los or two prs.

TnTBigman
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
The breathe free II are still around. Very comfortable n light, but not cost effective. New Balance are great. Clean looking, comfortable, multiple widths to choose from, last longer, and frequently goes on sale on TW and at ur local Sports Authority.

Ronaldo
10-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Btw, still own a pr of Air Resistance shoes. Any current or recent Nike shoe have that kind of full sole air cushioning?

jim.kim1980
10-10-2009, 08:56 PM
well, if the oscillates aren't good for me i'm thinking about the vapor V's. they look pretty good and from everything i've read the only downside is the lack in durability? they're the same price as the oscillates and i'm sure just because its last years model doesn't make it bad. i love to get the barricades V's or even the breathe cage IIs but they are just too expensive for me.

any thoughts on how the vapor V's might do for my toe?